DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best price for He-Man DVDs?

Old 02-02-06, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Best price for He-Man DVDs?

I did a thread search, He-man had no hits...

...I did a price search, and I found them at DDD for $26.99...

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemid=BHV046494

..has it, or do you think it will been any cheaper than this, I know a lot of the cartoons, (thundar cats and Batman) have been going down lately, and there have been great deals, any chance this will too, or this pretty much the best price going for a while. I don't want what happened to G'I Joe and Transformaers to happen to this, and then I have to pay ridiculous prices used...

Thank you for any opinions...
Old 02-03-06, 07:11 AM

Volume 2 is coming out on Valentine's day, maybe there'll be some deal then.
When it came out the price at B&Ms was about $20-$25.
Old 02-03-06, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've thought about picking these up, but fear that they probably don't hold up well to what I remember as a kid.
Old 02-03-06, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I've thought about picking these up, but fear that they probably don't hold up well to what I remember as a kid.
I picked the "Best of" that came out a few months ago as a "Test of Aging". I won't be buying the season sets as the show, at least for my wife and I, doesn't hold up well at all.
Old 02-03-06, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Down
I picked the "Best of" that came out a few months ago as a "Test of Aging". I won't be buying the season sets as the show, at least for my wife and I, doesn't hold up well at all.
It holds up as excellent comedy, but not as a show with any kind of logic or real story you can get into. We mostly have fun making fun of the dialog or replacing it with our own. My skeletor is always calling beastman a "hairy beeotch". YMMV.

I find gijoe to be the same way. I enjoy it because its so bizarro, not because I'm into the plot. The plots are insane. The very first joes are about cobra stealing a shuttle with helicopters equiped with lazer nets. Then Shipwreck and another guy go undercover in the secret underwater cobra base dressed in drag and other joes fight monsters in space. Its crazy stuff, but fun to watch and realize how little you remember about them.