Reload this Page >

Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison SE -$5.50ea. @ Wal-Mart

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 01-29-06, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The usual Wal-Mart YMMV, but looks pretty universal around here,

Happy Gilmore SE and Billy Madison SE now at the regular price of $5.50ea, in case some of you didn't pick these up Thanksgiving weekend or previous.

Located NOT in the $5.50 bin, but on the middle aisle permanent wire rack of titles that mostly run $13.72 and $9.44 ea. Both are on one of the ends are were shelf labeled at $5.50 ea. in several stores I've visited.

The Price is Right, Bob!
Old 01-29-06, 12:50 AM

Good luck finding a widescreen copy of either though. All I've seen for the past two months have been fullscreen, and I've checked at least 10 different Wal-Mart stores.
Old 01-29-06, 01:00 AM

Any Walmart $5.50 dvds that are regular stock(wire rack) are always FULLSCREEN period. Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Minority Report. Etc. Don't bother looking for widescreen 'cause walmart doesn't think people want widescreen.
Old 01-29-06, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by ericn101
Any Walmart $5.50 dvds that are regular stock(wire rack) are always FULLSCREEN period. Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Minority Report. Etc. Don't bother looking for widescreen 'cause walmart doesn't think people want widescreen.
UmM...no.

I buy a large portion of my movies at Wal-Mart and I've yet to run into any difficulty finding widescreen. Wal-Mart is drastically different from one location to the next, but even then I seriously doubt that any Wal-Mart only stocks FS.
Old 01-29-06, 01:59 AM

Mine only stocks full screen, quite literally. It's to the point where, since the manager prefers FS, you usually have to specially ask for the WS copies they keep in the back to get WS new releases. As for the discounted DVDs, I've never ever seen a widescreen version of any movie that's available in separate aspect ratios.
Old 01-29-06, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by yourlocalcinema
Mine only stocks full screen, quite literally. It's to the point where, since the manager prefers FS, you usually have to specially ask for the WS copies they keep in the back to get WS new releases. As for the discounted DVDs, I've never ever seen a widescreen version of any movie that's available in separate aspect ratios.
My apologies, then...I guess it sucks to be y'all. :P
Old 01-29-06, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by antennaball
UmM...no.

I buy a large portion of my movies at Wal-Mart and I've yet to run into any difficulty finding widescreen. Wal-Mart is drastically different from one location to the next, but even then I seriously doubt that any Wal-Mart only stocks FS.
My local Wal-Mart is one of those places right in the middle - if you hunt hard enough at my Wal-Mart, you'll be able to find WS editions. However, it's a roll of the dice.

By the way, Happy Gilmore for $5.50? Not fair.

Last edited by gryffinmaster; 01-29-06 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-29-06, 08:44 AM

Ha ha, pretty universal. Just like the movie company!
Old 01-29-06, 10:54 AM

My Wal-Mart, only stocked Full Screen (when available) for quite a while. Appently the widescreen just wasn't selling according to the manager (an aquaintence of mine). Eventually they started carrying WS for the new releases, but they often aren't restocked. I just pricematch at my own store and save the trip.
Old 01-29-06, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jayceman
The usual Wal-Mart YMMV, but looks pretty universal around here,

Happy Gilmore SE and Billy Madison SE now at the regular price of $5.50ea, in case some of you didn't pick these up Thanksgiving weekend or previous.

Located NOT in the $5.50 bin, but on the middle aisle permanent wire rack of titles that mostly run $13.72 and $9.44 ea. Both are on one of the ends are were shelf labeled at $5.50 ea. in several stores I've visited.
Just got back from my local Wal-Mart, and the shelf tag for Billy Madison (didn't see Happy) was $9.44. Didn't take it to the price checker to see what it rang up as, though (I already have both).
Old 01-29-06, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

At my local WM these two movies dropped to $3.88 on Black Friday and then they went back up to $5.50 (which they had already been selling for for about 2 months prior to that).