Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

CSI S5 $34.03 and Sin City Recut $22.22 @ DVDsoon

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-06, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CSI S5 $34.03 and Sin City Recut $22.22 @ DVDsoon

Canadian etailer DVDSoon have some good prices on a few DVDs. I particularly noted CSI Season 5 for $34.03 (weird price due to the exchange rate) - http://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-de...xml?uid=260512 and Sin City recut Extended Cut for $22.22 - http://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-de...xml?uid=261375
They have free shipping on orders over $33.88 (again due to the excahnge rate it is a weird number) and it has been recommended to me by people overseas who have bought from them in the past. I have not dealt with them or ordered from them personally though, but if I didn't get Sin City recut for $19.99 from Tower.com recently I would be all over this one.
Old 01-26-06, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While some (there can't be many) who have had no problems with dvdsoon, you (or anyone else who is considering buying from them) should check out the thread in the store forum ....

consider this a very big WARNING when you purchase from dvdsoon..
Old 01-26-06, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sorry, guess I should've researched it a little bit better before posting anything about it.
Old 01-26-06, 09:48 AM

Please take dvdsoon with caution, they are pretty unreliable, and not a stable company in any way. And canceling an order is next to impossible. Take our money then tie it up, with restriction and rules on refunds.......
Better to pay the dif and buy at the store, then risk it for a few bucks savings. Give that one a couple monthes or so, it will be 19.99 everywhere I bet.
Old 01-26-06, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought DVDSoon was calling it quits.
Old 01-26-06, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts
'Supposedly,' someone else bought the name. But, I think it was pointed out that the 'new' owners are in the same town, and it just all looked a little fishy. Fortunately, I got my money back through Mastercard, but I think there were a lot of people that didn't.

The only way I would consider buying from them again would be if it was verified that they no longer charge before your order ships, and if I'd heard a significant number of people that were happy with their recent orders.
Old 01-26-06, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I've only ordered from them once last year when I wanted the 2-disk version of Orgazmo and I had no problems.
Old 01-26-06, 11:46 AM

I'm sorry but I guess I'm in the minority here but I have had nothing but excellent service from them, now that was before they were bought out.
Old 01-26-06, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There's no discount in the world worth dealing with dvdsoon again. I worked really hard to get my money back the last time. I couldn't possibly risk it again. Be careful.
Old 01-26-06, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hurricane
I'm sorry but I guess I'm in the minority here but I have had nothing but excellent service from them, now that was before they were bought out.
I would have to go with DITTO on this I have placed many orders with them and never had a problem. This was before the buy out also.
Old 01-26-06, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts
It's good to hear that some people didn't have any problems. My good to bad ratio was probably about 10:1, but that one was completely unacceptable and came at a time when there were tons of complaints in DVDTalk and other forums. You can read the many horror stories here: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hlight=dvdsoon
Old 01-27-06, 03:57 AM

Can't Believe Anyone Would Buy From These Guys!

I would rather slit my wrists than give the thieves and liars at DVDSlow any more of my business. What happened last summer was beyond description. Read the referenced thread if you need to know the details.
Old 01-27-06, 12:00 PM

Well, they were pretty reliable (albeit extremely slow) until they stopped filling *any* orders and didn't give refunds. Sure, they promised refunds, but never processed any. It was a stall tactic while they were going through bankruptcy. The only people who got any of their money back were people who filed chargebacks through their credit card companies.

Now they're supposedly under new management, but I'm not going to take the chance the same criminals (and I don't use that term lightly) are involved in the company.