DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   (DEAD) Star Trek: Enterprise Season 1 - 3 for $44.99 each at BB (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/453301-dead-star-trek-enterprise-season-1-3-%2444-99-each-bb.html)

toogood 01-23-06 03:00 PM

(DEAD) Star Trek: Enterprise Season 1 - 3 for $44.99 each at BB

Bestbuy has Star Trek: Enterprise season 1, 2 and 3 for $44.99 each. Not sure if it's a sale or a price drop.

<a href="http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12085&type=page&sc=ALL&qs=star+trek+enterprise&cp=1&sp=Relevance&mipp=25&uq=star+t rek+enterprise&_requestid=79567">Star Trek Seasons</a>

Slowpc 01-23-06 03:21 PM

I believe it is a "sale" , the computers say that it is normally 106.99 , yet the "circle tags" say that regular price is now 56.99.... so prob on friday the new normal price will be 56.99 or so.

icruise 01-23-06 03:25 PM

So you're saying that the new MSRP on these will be $56.99? I've been waiting to buy these, and this seems like a great price. But I could see DDD going even lower if it's an MSRP change.

DisneyDVDFAN 01-23-06 04:31 PM

thanks for the post we picked up seasons 1-3 at BB :) 44.99 each
they had price marked down as sale regular 105.99 ...
thanks again for the heads up this mark down now have to wait for season 4 ;)

Cartload 01-23-06 04:43 PM

I hope that they reduce the price for all these seasons to $56.99 upon the end of this sale so I can get Season 4 at a cost I'm more than willing to pay. Yesterday I picked up Season 3 (never watched it the first time around, but so far I've enjoyed it), and had them scan Season 4. It still run up as $105.99.

Anubis2005X 01-23-06 04:57 PM

Maybe it's been like this for awhile, but I noticed that the first 3 Seasons of The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine are also about $50 now at Amazon and Deep Discount, woohoo!

C_Fletch 01-23-06 05:24 PM

Looks like I'll finally be able to get into the Star Trek universe on DVD. It's about time. If I had a nickel for everytime I heard "Yea, I love Star Trek. Too bad it's too expensive on DVD." I'd be a trillionaire.

But seriously, they must have lost billions in potential revenue by prcing so high.

Obviously though, they must have had a customer base but still, $107.00 per season is a bit high.

I purchased 2 or 3 of the X-Files sets at the $99 price tag but then after that I started seeing them cheap so I just waited till I could find them used at $45 but that was pretty rare.

I hope they continue this trend as it will be the only way I can afford the Star Trek sets. The only one's I want are THG, Enterprise, and DS9. Now I can wait for those used as they will be priced at roughly $25-30.

The best pricing news I've seen in a long time.

Anubis2005X 01-23-06 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by C_Fletch
Looks like I'll finally be able to get into the Star Trek universe on DVD. It's about time. If I had a nickel for everytime I heard "Yea, I love Star Trek. Too bad it's too expensive on DVD." I'd be a trillionaire.

But seriously, they must have lost billions in potential revenue by prcing so high.

Obviously though, they must have had a customer base but still, $107.00 per season is a bit high.

I purchased 2 or 3 of the X-Files sets at the $99 price tag but then after that I started seeing them cheap so I just waited till I could find them used at $45 but that was pretty rare.

I hope they continue this trend as it will be the only way I can afford the Star Trek sets. The only one's I want are THG, Enterprise, and DS9. Now I can wait for those used as they will be priced at roughly $25-30.

The best pricing news I've seen in a long time.

Well said! According to DDD, this is being released 1/31/06, so I'm guessing that refers to the new MSRP.

Trevor 01-23-06 08:08 PM

I wasn't going to get these, but as a sucker for those exclusive bonus discs, I'm now the owner of seasons 2 and 3. I'll pick up 1 before the week is out, hopefully I'll find one with the bonus disc.

I am a big fan of TOS, TNG, and DS9, didn't like Voyager that much, but maybe Enterprise will grow on me.

Baytroll 01-23-06 08:42 PM

Didn't feel like I needed the bonus discs, so I pricematched at Circuit City (110%) and saved some more coin.

B.

John*D 01-23-06 08:45 PM

Don't forget you also get 15,000 Reward Zone points!

Trevor 01-23-06 08:56 PM

And don't forget those BB movie gift card coupons, giving you an extra $2 off or bonus RZ points.

Bobweiser 01-23-06 09:31 PM

This is not a pricedrop. The SRP for Best Buy is $106.99 and their cost is $80.00 each. Someone screwed up on this one. We were notified earlier today and I was just getting on here to post about this but looks like it's already been noticed. They are planning a correction but will honor the mistake if they have to. My recommendation is if you're looking for these, get them soon.

kenbenobi 01-23-06 10:12 PM

Well, I hope they keep honoring the price. I'm in the mountains for a few days and cant get to BB until Wednesday night. BB.com is sold out already...

forumsmy 01-23-06 10:20 PM

I grabbed mine on Sunday and some places still had good stocks BUT... the cashier at one place told me that the first thing he did when he arrived was t buy these 3 seasons. So even the employees are getting in on it and that will dwindle the racks even more -- like Bobweiser said -- get going NOW !!

For those looking for bonus disks, 3 different stores had them to varying degrees, so of course YMMV - but hurry for best selection.

icruise 01-23-06 10:22 PM

I wanted to pick them up at my local store to save on shipping charges, but all three seasons showed as being out of stock. I'm glad I got them from BB.com when I did.

dvdjunkie32 01-24-06 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bobweiser
This is not a pricedrop. The SRP for Best Buy is $106.99 and their cost is $80.00 each. Someone screwed up on this one. We were notified earlier today and I was just getting on here to post about this but looks like it's already been noticed. They are planning a correction but will honor the mistake if they have to. My recommendation is if you're looking for these, get them soon.

I'm skeptical. My BB clearly has the sale sign out for $44.99 and it is listed in their weekly flyer.

laserdogg 01-24-06 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
I'm skeptical. My BB clearly has the sale sign out for $44.99 and it is listed in their weekly flyer.

Looks like BB caught their mistake.

Website now shows first three seasons SOLD OUT and the price has been adjusted to $99.99

Glad I rushed in Sunday morning and grabbed all 3 at $44.99 ea - got all 3 bonus discs too!

dvdjunkie32 01-24-06 02:20 AM

Wow, you're right. They totally changed the weekly ad on the website. Thankfully, I got 1 and 3 for the bonus discs on Sunday, but I was hoping to go back later and snag S2.

lisadoris 01-24-06 11:24 AM

I went on Sunday to pick these up and while they had S3 and the computer showed they had multiple copies of S1 & 2, the poor saleperson couldn't find them. My guess is an employee or two stashed them away. I snagged a raincheck on S1 &2 with the original price so hopefully when they're back in stock they'll honor the sale price. No bonus disc for S3 but I think I'll live.

Bobweiser 01-24-06 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32

I'm just passing along the information I was given. BB has put out new price signs with the adjusted sale price to $99.99 today. I believe they will still honor the ad, but that's very YMMV. I don't work for BB, but for a sales company that deals with the movie department and this what we were told.

Slowpc 01-24-06 02:29 PM

when i get into work tomorrow i will try and check

RockyMtnBri 01-24-06 02:51 PM

I grabbed season 3 today at the $45 price. It did ring up at $99 but I showed them the add and they adjusted it.

goillini 01-24-06 05:42 PM

Price matched at Circuit City with their 110% guarantee. Got seasons 2 & 3 for $38.49 each. Had to go to Best Buy to get season one. Rang up as $99 but they adjusted no problem. They still had the $44.99 tags on the shelf as well.

Altimus Prime 01-24-06 05:50 PM

I was at a Best Buy tonight and they would NOT honor the ad price. I even talked to a manager on duty. No budge at all. Wouldn't even consider it. There was a "correction" notice taped to the shelf, and all the tags said $99.99.

Best Buy bastards. I may have to boycott for a while. If they don't have to honor their ad, I don't have to shop there. Screw 'em.