Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) Star Trek: Enterprise Season 1 - 3 for $44.99 each at BB

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-06, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bobweiser
This is not a pricedrop. The SRP for Best Buy is $106.99 and their cost is $80.00 each. Someone screwed up on this one. We were notified earlier today and I was just getting on here to post about this but looks like it's already been noticed. They are planning a correction but will honor the mistake if they have to. My recommendation is if you're looking for these, get them soon.
I doubt someone screwed up. To post the sales price on bestbuy.com, in the ad, and at the stores can't be a coincidence. Looks like Best Buy had more sales than they were expecting and reneged on the deal.
Old 01-24-06, 06:08 PM
ed

For those folks who purchased season #3 and would like to purchase the last and best season (#4) of the series, check your set for a $20 (US) $25 (CAN) rebate mail in coupon, with the purchase of seasons #3 and 4.

1. Must be purchased no later than March 31, 2006.

2. Both sets do not have to be purchased at the same time.

3. Reproduction (photocopies) of the rebate form is not permitted. If you didn’t find a rebate coupon in your season #3 set you might try calling their customer service number at 1-866-379-2534.

4. UPC on the informational booklet, original receipts, packing slips, etc are needed for the rebate.

With a little bit of effort you can pick up season #4 at a reasonable total price through Buy.com.

Season # 4 Price: $90
Discount: $25 (Instant payment through a new Buy.com Visa account)
Shipping: Free – Budget Shipping
Rebate: $20 (Season #3/4 manufacturer rebate)
Total Cost: About $45

Last edited by ed; 01-25-06 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-24-06, 06:52 PM
Cool New Member

My feeling on the price is that the MSRP is set to go down to the $56.99 price at the end of January, and that Best Buy jumped the gun by a couple of weeks. You should probably still get the price come February, but maybe not on sale.
Old 01-24-06, 07:40 PM

I got the ad price on season 2 and 3 since they were in the ad. Did not find 1 in the ad so no match for me. Actually ended up costing me only 4.57 after a couple of gift cards and reward zone certificates. My wife was pleased.
Old 01-24-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad I was able to get these by running around bright and early Sunday morning. Took me 3 stores to do it though.(1&2 at first store, none at second and s3 at the final store)

I saw they changed the price on the website too. They even went and changed the weekly online ads.

http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy...&pagenumber=15

Last edited by dfmaverick2; 01-24-06 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-24-06, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by blucadet3
I got the ad price on season 2 and 3 since they were in the ad. Did not find 1 in the ad so no match for me. Actually ended up costing me only 4.57 after a couple of gift cards and reward zone certificates. My wife was pleased.
Not sure what ad you had but on page 15 in the top right corner it shows the picture of ST: Enterprise S1 with 'Season 1' along the right side of the price. Beneath the picture it has the $44.99 price tag. Also notice on the left hand side it says 'Also Available:' for Seasons 2 & 3.
Old 01-24-06, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by rdodolak
Not sure what ad you had but on page 15 in the top right corner it shows the picture of ST: Enterprise S1 with 'Season 1' along the right side of the price. Beneath the picture it has the $44.99 price tag. Also notice on the left hand side it says 'Also Available:' for Seasons 2 & 3.
Doh! I did'nt even notice the picture was of season one.

UPDATE: Went back today and got the last copy of season one. Had no problem price matching again. Manager even commented on the good deal. Usually you have to argue about everything, but they seem to be taking this one in stride for some reason. I've had them argue with me over a couple of dollars, but this is like 50 on each set and they just do it with no trouble.

Last edited by blucadet3; 01-25-06 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-25-06, 12:03 PM

Yea , it is now 99.99 in all the computers ... so make sure you have your flyers with you at time of purchase....

And maybe I will hit the C. City on the way home from ikea tomorrow to price match them ... (maybe...) rather see C. City take the hit on the sale than best buy myself.

Last edited by Slowpc; 01-25-06 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-25-06, 01:48 PM
Cool New Member

I hit CC just about an hour ago and brought in the BB ad. They said 'How can BB sell this so low?' So they called BB (just to check if they had it in stock, not price check), and then rang up S2 and S3 for $44.99 each price matched. Thanks for the headsup.
Old 01-25-06, 02:44 PM
Cool New Member

Circuit City should have price matched the $44.99, but also given you 10% of the difference between their price and BB. But, hey, it's still a good deal.....
Old 01-25-06, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just an FYI. Stores are not legally required to honor the price. Any company that has 1 ounce of self respect would honor it though. Especially considering that they srewed up on several different levels and at several different departments. I know for a fact that Corporate complaint lines have the ability to resolve store comaplints though as I work for one myself. Don't ask who, I need my job.
Old 01-25-06, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I went to CC, and they were shocked to, but gave me the pricematch with no hassle. I also called Best Buy, and they told me that they are honoring the $44.99 price. Just point out the flyer at the register.
Old 01-25-06, 03:34 PM

I've been on the fence about buying any of these sets, but may just buy them all - at the advertised sale price - just to make a point.

Yesterday I was denied the price in the ad, and a manager told me she would not honor it. But when I called the 888 number late last night, I got the impression they would honor it, if I called from the store. I may go back to the same store and do just that.

Yeah, I could try to go for a pricematch elsewhere, but why punish another store when it's clearly Best Buy that needs a knee to the groin for this?
Old 01-25-06, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Altimus Prime

Yeah, I could try to go for a pricematch elsewhere, but why punish another store when it's clearly Best Buy that needs a knee to the groin for this?
EXACTLY! It's thier screw-up - if it really was one - so they should pay the price for it. The only way I'd go somewhere else for the price match is if BB were being complete jerks about (and it sounds as if some are), and wouldn't honor their mistake.
Old 01-25-06, 04:49 PM

Does anyone have a scan of the original ad? Thanks.
Old 01-25-06, 05:08 PM

http://www.imag.us/x/zeldax2/DVD/BestBuyDVD2.jpg
Old 01-25-06, 05:10 PM
Banned

Today, two of my nearby Best Buys have identical black and white pieces of paper (faxes?) next to the Star Trek box sets saying the price in the ad was a mistake and "sorry for the inconvenience." Luckily, I got two seasons yesterday, and today I price matched the other season at another store. I don't know if feel bad or not though, since I basically got a steal at another store for Best Buy's mistake.
Old 01-25-06, 05:11 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
I don't understand bashing a store (in this case BB) for not honoring a misprice.

Misprices happen all the time. Every week I see corrections posted in several stores.

I took advantage of their mistake, and don't feel guilty. But I can not imagine complaining if they didn't honor it.
Old 01-25-06, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well, the Trek prices ARE going down, Best Buy is just greedy. DeepDiscountDVD.com has the new lower price set as the standard.

Who wants to bet BB is going to pull this again next week with the X-Files price-drop, proclaiming it a mistake and that it's really still $99.99, but you can get it on sale for $89.99?
Old 01-25-06, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Well, I'm glad that I went to BB on Sunday. I only picked up Season 3 and have found it surprisingly good. Just waiting for the excellent Season 4 to hit a good price point.
Old 01-25-06, 06:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nothingfails
well, the Trek prices ARE going down, Best Buy is just greedy. DeepDiscountDVD.com has the new lower price set as the standard.

Who wants to bet BB is going to pull this again next week with the X-Files price-drop, proclaiming it a mistake and that it's really still $99.99, but you can get it on sale for $89.99?
I just went to DDD and they still have Enterprise at original price. Are you sure you're not just looking at the early TNG and DS9 seasons?
Old 01-25-06, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What would you guys have done in my situation:
I went to Circuit City to pricematch the BB ad. The girl said she needed to call BB to verify they were in stock. I knew this could be a bad thing, if BB tells her the price isn't 44.99. After a looong wait, she came back and said that it was only 44.99 for Reward Zone members, and she couldn't honor that price. But she was willing to pricematch to the $56.99 regular price (stated in the ad) plus 10% of the difference. I thought about arguing the point, which probably would have prompted her to call BB back, and I might have ended up getting no price match at all. So I accepted the $51.69 price and bought all 3 seasons. Would you guys have fought for $44.99, or been happy with the deal even though it wasn't as good as it could have been? I do plan on attempting this once more at another store, since I can always return my first purchases (NONE had bonus discs, so it is worth my effort to try again)
Old 01-25-06, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by nothingfails
This is the same company who's CEO about a year ago said he wanted to get rid of 20% of his customers base with this whole "devils" approach. No shock here.

I won't even bet as you and I both know they'll do that.
Old 01-25-06, 09:11 PM
Cool New Member

I never post to these threads almost, but I look at this site daily. It has saved me a ton of money and given me a pretty massive dvd collection. I am posting here because it is Best Buy. I bought Enterprise Seasons 1 - 3 at the sale price with the bonus discs. Great Deal. I almost got them to give me season 4 at the sale price. My store also had Star Trek TOS marked at $44.99. So I bought all three of those. They only had one of each on the shelf (no bonus discs unfortunately). So , I definitely made out on this "sale". I have had numerous problems with Best Buy and Best Buy.com, where I have had to fight for what they promised or advertised. So, my point is that when it comes to Best Buy, never feel bad about getting a "deal" from them. They are by far one of the worst companies to deal with. They are the enemy in my mind. They could care less about the customer. Believe me! If any of you have worked for them or read there policies on how to deal with customers you would know what I am talking about. If they screw up and you want the item, jump on it.
Old 01-25-06, 09:51 PM

My saga:

I called the customer service number. Explained the situation to a friendly woman. Was put on hold for a while. She came back and said clearly, with no strings attached, that the store WOULD have to honor the advertised price. She said it more than once. I got a case number, her first name and extension, and went to the store.

Less than an hour later, I'm at the store. I grabbed S1-2-3, two of which had bonus discs. No surprise, the store won't honor the ad, so I take out my backup. They call. They get told not to honor the ad! I ask to talk to them. The woman I talked to wasn't there. They tell me it was a mistake, they issued a correction, they don't have to honor the ad. What about what I was told less than an hour ago? Oh, too bad, doesn't mean shit.

kenbenobi, you should be happy with your CC experience. I tried going to one. They only had S3. A manager goes to Best Buy's Web site, sees the $99.99 price, says it must be a misprint, and won't price match anything.

Just in case, after that, I stopped in at another BB store, the one where I had S3 in my hand Monday night when the shelf tag read $44.99, but hesitated to buy. They had an even bigger "correction notice" and prices at $99.99. Didn't even bother to try anything there.

In the end... all I'll say is this... When all else fails, go to WalMart. They have a way of coming through four their customers.

... and I'm cancelling my damn Best Buy card.

Last edited by Altimus Prime; 01-25-06 at 09:53 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.