DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

New $3.88 Movies at Walmart YMMV

Old 01-13-06, 12:25 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 469
New $3.88 Movies at Walmart YMMV

I was just at mine and they had a new bin set up. It was a box display and had the following that I can remember in it. All were in the cheap old fashioned snap cases and the ones I saw were WS.

Species III Unrated Edition
Species
Chill Factor
Valentine
FreeJack
The Crush
My Giant
Three to Tango
Little Big League
Showndown In Little Tokyo - Dolph Lundgren Movie
Major League II or III
The Witches
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me




And more that I can't remember.

Picked up Valentine and Chill Factor. Would have gotten Species but there was only 1 left and the disc was sliding around the box..Didn't want to take the chance.

These are not the same one's from around christmas time.

Edit: I'll update the list as others say what they have found.

Last edited by cisman; 01-13-06 at 01:30 PM.
cisman is offline  
Old 01-13-06, 12:31 PM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 148
They had "The Witches" also. I picked that one up for $3.88.
Linko is offline  
Old 01-13-06, 12:33 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mr. Cinema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 18,044
If that's the updated Species disc w/dts, it's mine for $3.88
Mr. Cinema is offline  
Old 01-13-06, 12:36 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 469
It was this on the front.

cisman is offline  
Old 01-13-06, 12:38 PM
  #5  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 199
My local Wal-Mart (Irving, TX - 635 and MacArthur) had:

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
Count_Zero is offline  
Old 01-13-06, 01:16 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,989
I saw a whole bin of DVDs today that were marked $3.30. I recognized some of the actors on the covers, but I did not recognize a single movie I saw in there.
Snowmaker is offline  
Old 01-13-06, 01:39 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Dark City
Posts: 4,218
I still need that Twin Peaks one.
chente is offline  
Old 01-13-06, 01:47 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 469
That was at my Walmart as well...Guess I forgot that one.

One thing I noticed was that there was 3-4 copies of The Crush to every other DVD.
cisman is offline  
Old 01-13-06, 04:06 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: B-More
Posts: 676
I'm gonna check around my way. I was curious about species 3 but if it's only $3 something I'll buy it
marcellusk is offline  
Old 01-13-06, 07:14 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 643
I guess I've gotta tackle the crowds at walmart. I have to try to get Species 3 & Valentine.
Emma311 is offline  
Old 01-13-06, 09:09 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,687
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I saw a whole bin of DVDs today that were marked $3.30. I recognized some of the actors on the covers, but I did not recognize a single movie I saw in there.

Picked up 3 of these movies yesterday,

Black Rainbow with Rosanna Arquette
LAPD - To Protect and Serve with Dennis Hopper and Michael Madsen
The Horror Within with all unknown actors and a terrible movie, looks like a student film.

I haven't watched the other 2 films.
sataniko is offline  
Old 01-13-06, 11:48 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Valentine is worth it just for all the hot chicks in it. They cast it well...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 01-14-06, 08:31 AM
  #13  
Reviewer Emeritus
 
gryffinmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ancient City
Posts: 6,498
It seems as if my patience is growing thinner and thinner with the bin. The only time I even glance in there anymore is if there is a report of anything good on here.
gryffinmaster is offline  
Old 01-14-06, 09:13 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,989
Originally Posted by sataniko
Picked up 3 of these movies yesterday,

Black Rainbow with Rosanna Arquette
LAPD - To Protect and Serve with Dennis Hopper and Michael Madsen
The Horror Within with all unknown actors and a terrible movie, looks like a student film.

I haven't watched the other 2 films.
Yeah, those are the ones. I remember seeing that Dennis Hopper one.
Snowmaker is offline  
Old 01-14-06, 02:42 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,687
Originally Posted by cisman
I was just at mine and they had a new bin set up. It was a box display and had the following that I can remember in it. All were in the cheap old fashioned snap cases and the ones I saw were WS.

Species III Unrated Edition
Species
Chill Factor
Valentine
FreeJack
The Crush
My Giant
Three to Tango
Little Big League
Showndown In Little Tokyo - Dolph Lundgren Movie
Major League II or III
The Witches
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me




Just got back from my local Walmart and all these titles are in the $5.50 bin.
sataniko is offline  
Old 01-14-06, 06:29 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 482
Originally Posted by sataniko
Just got back from my local Walmart and all these titles are in the $5.50 bin.

Mine had them in the $5.50 bin but rang up $3.88. I think all had a sticker that said WHV PR...Im thinking Warner Home Video Promotion
schbee is offline  
Old 01-14-06, 07:36 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,687
Originally Posted by schbee
Mine had them in the $5.50 bin but rang up $3.88. I think all had a sticker that said WHV PR...Im thinking Warner Home Video Promotion

I was going to pick up Freejack and The Crush, and I think the price sticker said $5.50, but I could be wrong.
sataniko is offline  
Old 01-14-06, 08:20 PM
  #18  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,790
My $5.50 bin has S1m0ne in it, and it rang up as $3.88.
lotsofdvds is offline  
Old 01-14-06, 11:33 PM
  #19  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 430
Just got back from my local Wal-mart...

I got these:

David Lynch's Twin Peaks 3.88
Robert Altman's The Player 5.50
John Irvin's Hamburger hill 5.50

I also saw Blade Runner: Directors Cut in the 5.50. Just to let you know some of the title in the 5.50 bin are 3.88 titles so dont get discouraged from looking in the 5.50 bin if you cant find twin peaks in the 3.88 bin.
Harry Lime is offline  
Old 01-14-06, 11:50 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 688
lotsofdvds would you mind reviewing the DTSes track for s1m0ne, I might make a purchase seeing that it also has the whv promotion of 3.88
chileorgullo is offline  
Old 01-15-06, 04:39 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: At the Local Police Department
Posts: 2,750
Picked up Twin Peaks ... thanks
Lemdog is online now  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.