DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Amazon: Buy 2 selected TV box sets, save $20

Old 01-12-06, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazon: Buy 2 selected TV box sets, save $20

Hadn't seen this mentioned here yet, so I thought I'd give it mention.

Amazon, like many other retailers, is having a sale on selected TV box sets, including Soap, Sanford and Son, the Outer Limits (OS), etc. There are some 90-odd titles to choose from.

Enter coupon code SPHETVSALEDJ at checkout to have the $20 deducted.

Link

While obviously not as good a sale on the higher priced box sets, it is actually cheaper than Best Buy or B&N when buying some of the lower priced sets. And there are some sets missing from its competitors sales (Bewitched, for instance).

For instance, I ordered Soap Season Two and The Patridge Family Season One for $21.98 with free Super Saver Shipping. Not bad at $11 a piece.

UPDATE: As mentioned by nnorland below, coupon can only be used once per acct, so you will need to create a new account to use a second time.

Last edited by TheAllPurposeNothing; 01-13-06 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-12-06, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks for the info. I don't think this sale is as good as the Best Buy sale though.
Old 01-12-06, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Like I said...this is good if you are interested in some of the lower price titles. For instance, you could purchase all four Seasons of Soap (two orders) for $44, which would be about $6 cheaper than you could do at Best Buy. Doesn't hurt that Amazon's prices are typically lower than Best Buy's. For instance, Season 2 of soap is $28.99 at Best Buy and $20.99 at amazon.

Also, there are some titles not offered in the Best Buy promo. For instance, I picked up the 1st Season of the Partridge Family. There are the OS releases of the Outer Limits. Four seasons of Bewitched.

Its not the greatest. promo. ever. but it does offer some items cheaper than have been offered elsewhere.

Hence, it seemed worth mentioning.
Old 01-12-06, 02:51 PM

Sale has been listed in the BB sale thread too.
Old 01-12-06, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by TheAllPurposeNothing
Like I said...this is good if you are interested in some of the lower price titles. For instance, you could purchase all four Seasons of Soap (two orders) for $44
that's exactly what i did- although you need to place the orders on separate accounts, you can't reuse the coupon. thanks!
Old 01-29-06, 09:37 AM

bump
Old 01-29-06, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like a lot of the same ones DDD had for B1G1F last month.