DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Best Buy Prices: January 8 - January 14, 2006 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/450874-best-buy-prices-january-8-january-14-2006-a.html)

DarthScooby 01-04-06 03:58 PM

Yea, I'm wanting The Flash (with the RZ deal) too.

BUT,

After getting burned on Lois & Clark Season 1 paying $40.00 and 3 months later seeing it as low as $16ish I think I'll wait and see.

Lois & Clark Season 2 is due out on the 17th, a week later. Maybe they will have a deal on Flash & Lois & Clark together.

I have so much stuff to watch anyway (Smallville 1-4 which I got for $25 each as opposed to $45) so I guess I'll roll the dice and wait for a possible price drop.

Lecithin 01-04-06 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
LB: Anyone know what the return shipping costs are? And is there a re-stocking fee? Can't find it on their website. (Theres mention of them sending you a return label, does that mean they cover the return costs?)

I bought the last two seasons for a relatives birthday and wouldn't mind using the extra cash saved from the deal to get her another DVD. (We have a limit of around $50 that we can spend on each other.)

I recently returned a shipment to them for the first time (after I saw that DDD had their buyonegetonefree sale and I could get "The Critic" free for the price of buying "Green Acres: Season 2" as opposed to the $29.97 I paid for it when I just bought it with Green Acres S2 at Amazon earlier but had not opened them yet.

You go to the recently shipped orders section of your account on their site and there is a checkbox to return and item. They ask the reason and I chose "found a better price" from the drop down menu. Then they give you a mailing label to print out that has the postage being paid by them when they receive it. They then will take that amount out of your refunded amount. They also took out some amount for "promotions" and I wasn't sure if that was for the A9 discount or the Gold Box discount I got on the third item in the shipment that I did NOT return, or the free discount shipping, or what the heck it was, then they confused things even more by giving me back 99cents on each item. (see my example below).

All told, I still saved over $12 by returning the dvds and getting them cheaper at DDD, so if you think you will save more than the $5 or so it will cost to return them, go ahead and do it.

The following is the breakdown of your refund:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item Returned:
1 x "The Critic - The Complete Series"
Item Refund $29.97
Per Item Shipment Refund $0.99

1 x "Green Acres - The Complete Second Season"
Item Refund $17.97
Per Item Shipment Refund $0.99

Non-refundable Deductions:
Prepaid Return Label $-3.97
Promotions $-3.69

Refund Issued: $42.26

matome 01-04-06 04:14 PM

Some good stuff. Thanks for the prices!

raidersrule86 01-04-06 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by John*D
Just refuse the package from the Post Office. If they deliver it to your house, go down to the PO w/ the package and tell them you are refusing Delivery.

If its UPS then you might have to be there when it's delivered?

I got the box today from UPS. Seinfeld 5 was in pretty bad shape, dented and bent all over. The Magnolia DVD I also got had some glue all over the inside, so I returned them.

On Amazon I marked Seinfeld 5 as "Obvious damage during shipment", Seinfeld 6 as "Found a better price somewhere else", and Magnolia as "Product quality is not up to standard". The next screen printed out my label and said Amazon would refund the shipping charge, as it was their fault.

I'm a very happy customer, and will now get Seinfeld 5 and 6 from Best Buy.

Peep 01-04-06 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lecithin
They also took out some amount for "promotions" and I wasn't sure if that was for the A9 discount or the Gold Box discount I got on the third item in the shipment that I did NOT return, or the free discount shipping, or what the heck it was, then they confused things even more by giving me back 99cents on each item. (see my example below).

In your case, I think they debited you the amount of the initial free shipping.

gryffinmaster 01-04-06 04:53 PM

Once again, thanks speedy.

Been waiting for the Good Morning Vietnam and Dead Poets Society SEs for a while. A 2 for $20 would be beautiful.

OldBoy 01-04-06 05:17 PM

nothing in there for "Eraserhead" huh? i guess to non-mainstream for a flyer.

speedy1961 01-04-06 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by alfonsosoriano
Are you 100% sure it is season 1 of Stargate and not Volume 1 of Season 1 like it is online? Just checking. I hope it is season 1.

Well the magnifying glass clearly shows the word SEASON at the bottom. I cannot seen the season # as is it covered by the yellow $39.99 tag. I'm POSITIVE it is a full season set. (and their ad wording convinces me that I'm right).

I'm gonna try this series out as well.

I really don't think that you have anything to worry about my friend.

speedy1961 01-04-06 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
nothing in there for "Eraserhead" huh? i guess to non-mainstream for a flyer.

Nothing on Eraserhead scott1598..... Sorry

speedy1961 01-04-06 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Does Best Buy usually have any BETTER deals on HDTV's (like Free XXXX with purchase)? I like the no interest offer. I'm looking for just a 26" LCD for a PC/TV monitor

Here's the LCD TV listings:

Samsung

26" LCD Widescreen HDTV Monitor
1366 x 768 resolution
HDMI , PC and component inputs
LNR268W model

$1399.99

LG

23" LCD Widescreen HDTV Monitor w/built in DVD Player
1366 x 768 resolution
23LX1RV model

$1099.99

Sharp

20" LCD TV
Wide 170 degree viewing angles
Composite Video inputs
LC20SH3U model

$499.99

Sylvania

15" LCD TV
640 x 480 resolution
Component and S-video inputs inputs
6615LF4 model

$249.99

That's It for LCDs.

Ad also has this deal going:

Save $50 Instantly with combined purchase of DVD recorder OR player and any Tube TV 27" and up

They have a Sony 27" WEGA Flat Tube TV for $349.99 before $20 Instant Savings

Anything else I can answer, please don't hesitate to contact me.

speedy1961 01-04-06 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Thank you!!! I was going to buy my first HDTV this week. Now I'll wait until Sunday.

Can you list what HDTV's are on sale, if any? The sizes I'm looking are from 26" to 32" such as an LCD. I want a Widescreen (16:9) tv. Thanks a bunch.

Here ya go:

Samsung

32" Widescreen LCD HDTV Monitor
HDMI, PC, and component video inputs
Needs digital receiver
LNR328W Model

$1799.99

26" Widescreen LCD HDTV Monitor
HDMI, PC, and component video inputs
1366 x 768 resolution
LNR268W Model

$1399.99

Toshiba

27" Widescreen LCD Digital Cable Ready HDTV w/DVD player built in
1280 x 720 resolution
27HLV95 Model

$1699.99

26" Widescreen Tube HDTV Monitor
26HF84 model

$549.99

Sony

26" Widescreen LCD Digital Cable Ready HDTV
(XBR Series)
1366 x 768 resolution
Memory Stick reader
KDLV26XBR1 Model

$1999.99

Westinghouse

27" Widescreen LCD HDTV Monitor
1280 x 720 resolution
LTV-27W2 Model

$799.99

Insignia

30" Widescreen Tube HDTV Monitor
Component Inputs
IS-TVHD30 Model

$499.99

That's all that meet your criteria!

lordwow 01-04-06 10:15 PM

Yikes BB!?! What's going on?

From the 2 for 15:
Groundhog Day,
Donnie Darko perhaps.

From the B1G1:
Stargate Season 8
???

speedy1961 01-04-06 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by lordwow
Yikes BB!?! What's going on?

From the 2 for 15:
Groundhog Day,
Donnie Darko perhaps.

From the B1G1:
Stargate Season 8
???

Should be $39.99

QuikSilver 01-04-06 11:37 PM

Thanks for the prices but nothing for me. A good rest for me wallet.

jiggyblau 01-05-06 12:08 AM

Wow, nice job BB. I guess now I can finally pick up All in the Family 4 and 5 with a B1G1 deal. Also, I can get all 4 seasons of King of Queens for $50. Wow. Also, Dead Poet's Society is a no brainer for $11.99.

Just a heads up for all of you:
Take your Best Buy ad to Circuit City if you're spending a lot (over $200). They have $25 off $200 coupons that run from 1/6 to 1/15. Spend what you want, get your $25 off, and then go to CS to get your prices matched to Best Buy. They have coupons over by the CS desk and the coupons are valid online (100038375) and in the store (individual barcodes for each coupon).

Thanks so much for these prices!

Ocelot 01-05-06 12:38 AM

I will never buy Insignia products again! The dvd player is less than a year old and it's already showing sign of break down. I didn't even watch that many dvds on the thing. It doesn't even play my He-man discs!

ScottsDvds 01-05-06 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
Just a heads up for all of you:
Take your Best Buy ad to Circuit City if you're spending a lot (over $200). They have $25 off $200 coupons that run from 1/6 to 1/15. Spend what you want, get your $25 off, and then go to CS to get your prices matched to Best Buy. They have coupons over by the CS desk and the coupons are valid online (100038375) and in the store (individual barcodes for each coupon).

They also have a $15.00 off $100, the online code is 100038563.

mifuneral 01-05-06 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
Underworld: Evolution is listed as a Best Buy exclusive (as is the Flash set) while Big Momma's House is not. That one may be national.

The Flash set is not BB exclusive, as it's also being sold at Amazon(I haven't checked other online retailers). I think what makes it "exclusive" is the on pack comic book. However, I'm still getting it from BB since they have the best price(Amazon's price is $41.99).

sataniko 01-05-06 09:45 AM

Thanks for the early prices! :up:

speedy1961 01-05-06 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by mifuneral
The Flash set is not BB exclusive, as it's also being sold at Amazon(I haven't checked other online retailers). I think what makes it "exclusive" is the on pack comic book. However, I'm still getting it from BB since they have the best price(Amazon's price is $41.99).

I understand that The Flash will be sold elsewhere that why I stated that it is listed in their ad as a Best Buy exclusive. Sorry for confusion.

You'll see it in the ad when it comes out Sunday.

PrometheusUFO 01-05-06 10:50 AM

Underworld: Limited Edition is the only one I'm getting this week. It's the previously-released Unrated DVD (which is still currently being sold for about $25) with a Underworld: Evolution sneak peek DVD included. All for $14.99 this week. Glad I held off on the Unrated version. And then Best Buy has the exclusive Movie Cash too. :)

DJ_Longfellow 01-05-06 11:24 AM

Thanks for the LCD prices also...nothing jumps out at me though. The Samsung seems decent, but a bit pricey.

kms_md 01-05-06 12:07 PM

thanks for the prices. i wonder if BB will carry blacks books.

alfonsosoriano 01-05-06 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
Well the magnifying glass clearly shows the word SEASON at the bottom. I cannot seen the season # as is it covered by the yellow $39.99 tag. I'm POSITIVE it is a full season set. (and their ad wording convinces me that I'm right).

I'm gonna try this series out as well.

I really don't think that you have anything to worry about my friend.

Thanks man. Hey, if it doesn't work, oh well, ha.

kenbenobi 01-05-06 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by SlingshotBandit
I just received a 10% off coupon in the mail yesterday. Anyone with knowledge on whether or not I could use it on the unadvertised "buy 1 get 1 free" for tv boxsets? I'd like to use it on Seinfeld seasons 5 and 6. Seems like it shouldn't be a problem, but I'm thinking it's a YMMV or a SOL situation for me. Either way, good deal with these prices.

Pretty sure you cannot combine coupons with package deals. I don't think their system will allow it, even if you got a cashier to try. It will kick out the coupon discount whenever they total it...