Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

New Disney treasures $19.99 @ bestbuy.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-05, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Disney treasures $19.99 @ bestbuy.com

This is $5 less than I just paid in store this week, so I'll be seeking a refund. I'll be getting back $11 from Chronological Donald + Sin City Recut (see other thread). Not bad!
Old 12-30-05, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Swinger
This is $5 less than I just paid in store this week, so I'll be seeking a refund. I'll be getting back $11 from Chronological Donald + Sin City Recut (see other thread). Not bad!

What other thread?

I order my The Chronological Donald, Volume Two. I don't have any interest in the others.
Old 12-30-05, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm considering "Chronological Donald" and "Disney Rarities..."
Old 12-30-05, 01:38 PM

Anyone know if this is priced instore as well? Got some RZ Certs...
Old 12-30-05, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by J-Flow
Anyone know if this is priced instore as well? Got some RZ Certs...
probably not...this looks like part of the Disney/Buena Vista online only 20% off sale. Same thing with Sin City Uncut.
Old 12-30-05, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can use RZ coupons online.
Old 12-30-05, 07:01 PM

Can you combine the RZ and the Disney Discount Gift Card Best Buy has online for by two get $5 off etc.
Old 12-30-05, 09:23 PM

Is there a quick way to find these? A search for "Disney Treasures" produced only one out-of-print title.
Old 12-30-05, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cameron
you can use RZ coupons online.
You can now use RZ coupons and other types of coupons online?
Old 12-30-05, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by dvd-fanman
You can now use RZ coupons and other types of coupons online?
Yeah; what he said. Tried to enter my RZ online just now and it failed; both the certificate and the bestbuy.com FAQ say you can't use 'em online.
Old 12-30-05, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

you can use your rz card online (to get points) and you can now use best buy giftcards on the website. rz certificates are for in store use.
Old 12-31-05, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Randy Hassan
Is there a quick way to find these? A search for "Disney Treasures" produced only one out-of-print title.
No - not an easy way to find them without knnowing their titles. Bestbuy.com used to have a link to the Treasures during the previous wave. Additionally, they used to put "Disney Treasures" or atleast "Treasures" in most if not all of their listings.

Within these forums, I believe someone posted a list for all the waves or if not, probably www.ultimatedisney.com would have a list, IIRC.
Old 12-31-05, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by forumsmy
No - not an easy way to find them without knnowing their titles. Bestbuy.com used to have a link to the Treasures during the previous wave. Additionally, they used to put "Disney Treasures" or atleast "Treasures" in most if not all of their listings.

Within these forums, I believe someone posted a list for all the waves or if not, probably www.ultimatedisney.com would have a list, IIRC.
I tried to get a PM on the Disney Treasures yesterday at BBY, but the returns line was too long. I talked to someone who walked out of the customer service area about this and showed him my receipt. I'm pretty sure he was right and he saved me waiting in line. I had bought mine for $24.99 each with a $15 off Disney coupon and a $10 gift card (along with a non-Disney box set on the receipt). However, the $15 Disney coupon had been allocated by their system as $5 off 3 of the 4 Treasures titles making the price $19.99 on each. On top of that the $10 gift card was allocated across all 5 DVDs on the receipt making the price per item another $2 less. Having previously done a pricematch on the non-Disney box set, they only gave me the difference from the adjusted price (not the in-store price) making the refund $2 less than it should've been because of the gift card, and the rep told me they can't override the computer.

Well, the rep I talked to yesterday told me the same thing would happen. He said due to my coupons and the gift card, the computer would show the price I paid as already being less than $19.99 each, except for the 4th one which didn't get the $5 discount, so I would've gotten back about $3 which I decided was not worth waiting in the line for. So PMs become worthless due to the way BBY allocates coupons and special promos (like free gift cards)... probably done on purpose precisely for this reason. Has anyone else run into the same problem?

So I decided the easiest solution was to re-buy all of them for $19.99 each and then apply the $15 Disney coupon I still had, and then return them using the other receipt. That would've saved me $10 (i.e. $5 x 4 - $10 gift card offer). The problem: they were out of stock of all but 1 of the tins. So I gave up... too much work for $10.

For whoever asked, since I happen to have my receipt handy, here are the Best Buy item numbers for each of the new Disney tins for searching online:
7522647 - Elfego...
7522638 - Spin...
7522629 - Rarities...
7522601 - Donald...

Last edited by Manzana; 12-31-05 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-02-06, 01:08 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....cat28300050012

The 4 current disney treasures are embedded in the list of Disney titles on sale.
Old 01-02-06, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Couldn't you just opt for "in-store" pickup and then use your RZ certificates to pay for the order when you picked it up in the store?
Old 01-02-06, 11:06 AM

Couldn't you just opt for "in-store" pickup and then use your RZ certificates to pay for the order when you picked it up in the store?
I don't see a way to do it...you have to complete payment online, and there's no where that I can see to enter RZ certificates (they're not accepted under "coupons").
Old 01-02-06, 01:18 PM

I bought the 4 tins a week ago and used the gift card coupon...and it only took off $10 instead of $15. So I returned them figuring I'd just reorder online and do the instore pick up...but the West Hollywood store doesn't do instore even though they have all 4 tins.
Old 01-02-06, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I suppose you're right about the payment, but they don't actually charge your card until you pick it up (I've had an order I never picked up because it was a duplicate, but every time I go to pick up another one they tell me I have one in the back and I have to tell them again, it was supposed to be cancelled after a week but I never get charged for it). I wonder if you can ask for the RZ cert. to be applied when you pick it up and the rest put on the card the order was placed with (Since they require you to show them the credit card anyway). Probably not, but worth a try.
Old 01-02-06, 04:56 PM

nice
Old 01-03-06, 05:41 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Lecithin
You can't do that. RZ certificates can only be used in store, but the payment for in-store pickup is actually processed online, not in the store.