Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

New $19.97 TV Box sets at Wal Mart... (YMMV)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

New $19.97 TV Box sets at Wal Mart... (YMMV)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lecithin
Why not just get it online at Buy.com with free shipping?

http://www.buy.com/prod/Firefly_Comp.../40231032.html
Thanks for posting the link. I'm done trying to find this in a store.
Old 12-30-05, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone looking for these in southern Maine, I would suggest going to the North Windham store - that's where I found them. (Scarborough didn't have them)

But, rather than being in a typical cardboard displayer, they were on one side of a 4 sided rack in the isle in front of (and just past) the movies/electronics department. None were marked with any kind of sale pricing, and there wasn't even a sign to indicate how much they were going for, either.

They had...
Angel -S1
Buffy - S1
Roswell - S1
The Sheild - S1 & S2
Dark Angel - S1 & S2
Murder One
Wonderfalls
Arrested Development - S1
Tru Calling - S1
Lone Gunmen
Millenium - S1 (and I think S2)
MASH - S1
The Prentender - S1
...and I think I'm forgetting a couple of others, but no Firefly anywhere to be found.

I picked up Wonderfalls and Arrested Development - as I'd been wanting to get each for some time now, and at 50% off what I'd get them for just about anywhere else, it was too hard to turn down. I pretty much already had all the others.

Last edited by Rocketdog2000; 01-01-06 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-31-05, 06:06 AM
Banned

FINALLY! Walked into walmart after work last pm just to get some grocery's and they had the display in the front of the store, after stopping in several times earlier in the week with no luck. Got the last copy of milennium and the last copy of firefly left in the display!
watched a few episodes of firefly and I too was very impressed with its premise and the quality of the show in general, (writing, humor, visuals etc.)
can't wait to view them all and then watch 'serenity'.
anyone know if S2 or S3 of milennium will follow suit and be decreased in price any time soon?-
thanks-
Old 12-31-05, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
Yep, even I had forgot about it until I went to their site to look at the new releases for the DVDs. You don't even need a credit card either, as long as the gift cards cover the entire expense. You can only enter two gift cards, but still, it's pretty cool.
I just placed an online order with 3 gift cards. Dunno if I could have used more...
Old 12-31-05, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by nathanbrzl
Anyone seen this display at any Walmarts in NC? None of the Winston-Salem stores had any of these displays.
The Wendover GSO store had the display.
Old 12-31-05, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
I ordered Firefly on the 28th and it arrived today in perfect condition. Not too bad spending under $2.50 for shipping and avoiding the hunt.
Old 12-31-05, 06:56 PM

Anyone in the Boston area can confirm this deal in there stores? I checked Weymouth and Quincy and did not see a single title mentioned here. Framingham was mentioned but that is too far for me. I would rather buy instore then pay shipping and worry about damaged dvds. Thanks.
Old 01-01-06, 06:15 AM

Anyone searching in the Columbus, OH area, the Grove City store had plenty of all the titles listed when I went last night. Picked up Wonderfalls for me and Roswell for a friend. I want to pick up Malcolm eventually. Anyone recommend Lone Gunmen or Millennium? Looked interesting, but I don't know a lot about them.

+Danny
Old 01-01-06, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by me12321
Thanks - I went out and bought "Wonderfalls" last night, which I've been meaning to get for quite some time.
Great series!
Old 01-01-06, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
The display is in the electronics department, near the checkout by the CDs. I almost missed it yesterday because there was a line for checkout and a couple of old women were blocking the display. I politely said excuse me and they moved a whole two inches. Fortunately, I was able to squeeze by and grab a copy of Tru Calling. They had about 6 copies as of yesterday afternoon.
Thanks for the info!
Old 01-01-06, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
I grabbed a Firefly set for my brother at this very Wally yesterday!
Great set too!
Old 01-01-06, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Went to the local Wally World in Flint, Michigan. As usual, no sets to be found, dumbass employees had no idea what I was talking about and all but said that they didn't give a shit.

That's why I rarely go to Wal-Mart. The stores are always filthy, and the employees are ignorant and/or treat you with borderline hostility.
Old 01-01-06, 10:33 PM

Went to my local Wal-Mart here in Tennessee on Saturday the 31st and they had the display right at the front of the store. I looked at the sets and they had about five copies of Firefly. I had thought about picking this set up after reading the wonderful reviews. I went back today on the 1st and they had one copy of Firefly left so I grabbed it. They had plenty of the other sets available. I may pick up Wonderfalls tomorrow.
Old 01-01-06, 10:59 PM

Found this at the Muncie, IN Walmart finally. Up by the express lanes on the food side of the Super Walmart. It is on one side and the other side of the display is for something else. No firefly though.
Old 01-02-06, 12:22 AM

They finally got them in at my Wal-Mart. Yesterday my mom looked and they didn't have any yet. She asked the one girl that actually knows what's happening and she didn't even know about the sale. Tonight I checked and they had a display up, no Firefly only one copy of Shield season 2 and four of Arrested Devlopment. I got an AD then walked around the store before seeing the wrapping was open. I went back and they were down to two copies. I'm hoping I can get over there when an employee's around so I can ask if they have anymore Firefly.
Old 01-02-06, 02:42 AM

dammit, just dropped $40 on millennium at media-play. oh well
Old 01-02-06, 10:02 AM
kit

Firefly is back in stock @ Walmart.com

Kit
Old 01-02-06, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Went to the local Wally World in Flint, Michigan. As usual, no sets to be found, dumbass employees had no idea what I was talking about and all but said that they didn't give a shit.

That's why I rarely go to Wal-Mart. The stores are always filthy, and the employees are ignorant and/or treat you with borderline hostility.
But they are very knowledgable about the Michael Moore catalogue, right?
Old 01-02-06, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
But they are very knowledgable about the Michael Moore catalogue, right?
No offense, but I'm sick of hearing the Michael Moore shit. Believe it or not, most of us in Flint hate the fat fuck with a passion, and do not understand why the rest of this nation kisses his ass.
Old 01-02-06, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
No offense, but I'm sick of hearing the Michael Moore shit. Believe it or not, most of us in Flint hate the fat fuck with a passion, and do not understand why the rest of this nation kisses his ass.
Well not the entire rest of the nation, we don't like him very much down here either. But being from Jesse Jackson's home, I can understand your sentiments about a hometown boy very well. And I do not mean boy in the prejudice sense, just using a common phrase.
Old 01-02-06, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I pricematched Firefly, Murder One, Tru Calling, and Lone Gunmen at BB and got an additional $1.50-$3.00 OFF on each (be sure to complete your purchase at full BB prices, then go to CS to pricematch after the purchase).
Old 01-02-06, 05:05 PM

No displays!! No DVD Sets!!

In GA.

Perry Super Wal-mart no display
Warner Robins Super Wal-mart no display
South Macon Super Walmart no display
North Macon Super Wal-mart Yeay!!! a display Nothing left Boo!!!
Been checking since Christmas.

No one at the displayless stores knew what I was talking about.
I'm begining to think it depends on the size of the store and the population of were it's located.
Old 01-02-06, 06:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bipartite
In GA.

I'm begining to think it depends on the size of the store and the population of were it's located.

Well if you want to drive all the way to Brunswick we have plenty of sets left.
Old 01-02-06, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bipartite
In GA.

It could also be a matter of time. Back when Wal-mart was the first to have the blow-out sale on things like ER 1 & 2, Dukes of Hazzard, Raymond, Smallville, etc, my local Wally Worlds didn't get them in for 2 or 3 weeks after others started stocking them.
Old 01-02-06, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I checked two from Louisville KY again today, once again, no display in either the front or in the Electronics section

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.