Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

20 movies for $5 at Meijer this week (or less!)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-05, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of us in the midwest, Meijer has 20 DVD movies this week for $5. Ad states 2 for $10, but I've confirmed they ring at $5 each. Some good titles, list is below. I managed to write down 19 of the titles. The ad only shows 5. Best deal of the bunch is Dirty Dancing, as it is normally $15 at Meijer. Others range from $7-$10 normally. I picked up Reservoir Dogs and Stargate. Movie ad here.

They also have 7 titles at $10 each, most notably Saw Uncut Edition which is normally $20. All are listed online.

Meijer also has a promotion through Saturday where if you spend $50 and use ANY Mastercard you get a coupon for $10 off your next purchase. So grab 10 of these $5 movies for Christmas gifts and get them for $4 each plus tax. MasterCard promotion here.

UPDATE! Meijer just released a 15% off $50 coupon for their Super Sale this Saturday from 6am until midnight. Meijer is usually good about stacking promotions, so use this and the Mastercard deal to get 10 movies for $32.50. Neither promotion has limits on stacking, but as always YMMV due to rogue CSRs not allowing the stack. I would bet the $10 coupon will just print at checkout, so no csr involvement. Coupon Link.

Also! Just noticed during the Super Sale they will have Lord of the Rings and American Wedding DVDs for $3.99! Linky!

T2 Extreme
Red Heat SE
Glengarry Glen Ross
Young Guns SE
Dirty Dancing UE
Stargate UE Extended
The Doors SE
Merlin SE
Reservoir Dogs SE
Rambo-First Blood 1,2,3 UE
Belly SE
King of NY SE
Universal Soldier
Air America SE
Stir of Echoes SE
Dune SE Director's Cut
On Golden Pond SE

Last edited by Jeff96; 12-08-05 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-08-05, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn! I just got T2 Extreme for $5.59 at CC.

I wonder if I should upgrade my On Golden Pond for that price.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 12-08-05 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-08-05, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hmm.. I just paid $5.88 for the Lord of the Rings discs at Target. Debating if it's worth $5.67 to buy and return. I won't be home much of Saturday either which makes it more difficult. Can I just go to Target and price adjust it?

And these people and their cheap "Merlin SE"s keep trying to tempt me into upgrading mine!
Old 12-08-05, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by reverie
Hmm.. I just paid $5.88 for the Lord of the Rings discs at Target. Debating if it's worth $5.67 to buy and return. I won't be home much of Saturday either which makes it more difficult. Can I just go to Target and price adjust it?

And these people and their cheap "Merlin SE"s keep trying to tempt me into upgrading mine!
The add is only showing the first disk at that price ($3.99). Though I'll be stopping by there, I need a gift for a friend of my son's birthday party (8 year olds): Lord of the Rings, a few 20 ounce bottles of soda, and a few bags of popcorn.

Or I could pick up Saw I suppose. (the last party he went to, I bought Steven King's "It" - hey, the kid said he liked scary moved and It was a made-for-tv miniseries.