Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

No More FYE.com rebates?? $5 off $35 purchase expires 12/11; Free s/h on orders $25+

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

No More FYE.com rebates?? $5 off $35 purchase expires 12/11; Free s/h on orders $25+

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-05, 02:03 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I received a $5 off $35 e-coupon from FYE. Enter code "DECSAVE5OFF35", Orders must be placed on or before 12/11/2005 11:59:00 PM PT.

Regular readers of the DVD Bargain forum have noted that lately FYE disallows the standard free shipping promo if you use one of their special coupons - very lame. I wrote to them and they replied that indeed this is the policy - no combining of promotions.

Now they are getting really cheap - they apparently have taken down (removed) their DVD/CD/Games rebate page. They used to have some decent rebates which, when coupled with the Free s/h, would often beat BestBuy deals (although you had to wait on shipping and deal with therr borderline fraudulent rebate office).

So I guess it's time to give up on FYE -- unless they resurface after the holidays with decent deals, coupons and promo's.
Old 12-06-05, 02:24 PM

Well their marketing programs tend to go back and forth, it seemed like they were deemphasizing rebates in general as of late, there are still a few scattered rebates on site, and a few more in store. Their rebate fulfillment had slipped badly recently anyway...
Old 12-06-05, 04:14 PM

Well Wherehouse, another TWEC store, had rebates on DoH, F4 and Cinderella Man today. All were $12.99 after rebates
Old 12-06-05, 07:40 PM

I hope their reabtes do not go away.

I've basically only bought DVDs from Transworld because of their rebates.
Old 12-07-05, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Except they did allow the use of the $5 off $35 coupon with free shipping for me yesterday when I bought the Die Hard set (for $29.99 - $20 rebate + $5.99 Three Stooges disk - $5.00 coupon + $0.00 for shipping + sales tax), so maybe they were kidding about that part.
Old 12-07-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by edgeofepic
Today I received a $5 off $35 e-coupon from FYE. Enter code "DECSAVE5OFF35", Orders must be placed on or before 12/11/2005 11:59:00 PM PT.

Regular readers of the DVD Bargain forum have noted that lately FYE disallows the standard free shipping promo if you use one of their special coupons - very lame. I wrote to them and they replied that indeed this is the policy - no combining of promotions.
I posted that coupon yesterday in the FYE Die Hard thread, where there IS indeed a rebate, and you CAN indeed combine the coupon and free shipping. Just because they removed a web page doesn't mean you should jump to conclusions...