Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

How Much is the TREMORS: Attack Pack Going for at Best Buy?

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-05, 03:06 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Their website says $24.99, which is only $2 less than full retail. Has anyone seen this in store, and is it really $24.99, or a more understandable $19.99?
Old 11-29-05, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't say for Best Buy, but Costco has it for $17.99.

2 dual sided discs stacked on top of one another with a King Kong ticket in a cardboard slipout. (Sorta like the Don Knotts Hero 4 movie set)
Old 11-29-05, 06:55 PM

i ordered my copy from wherehouse.com since i already had credit there. Was $21.99 there, so not too bad considering i traded in 3 copies of a $1.50 game for $17.50 each time =]
Old 11-29-05, 07:56 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
I'm not really interested in other retailers (hell, we don't even have Costco in this area of the nation) because I want to use the last of my Best Buy bucks IF it is $19.99; if it's really $24.99, though, I can still get this cheaper--Best Buy bucks or no Best Buy bucks--at Circuit City. Can anyone clue me in before 12 noon 11/30?
Old 11-29-05, 08:38 PM

You COULD always just call your local Best Buy and ask them how much it is...
Old 11-30-05, 06:30 AM
Banned

Christ on crutches, yes, I could, but typically, this forum is a much easier and authoritative way to get such info than wading (and waiting) through some lengthy touch-tone menu, then finally speaking with a minimum wage earner who couldn't care less and has probably never even heard of TREMORS. I guess this case isn't typical...
Old 11-30-05, 09:07 AM

christ in a wheelchair, seems like you've already spent more than $5 of your time in your quest to get the price. . .
Old 11-30-05, 09:24 AM

christ on a stretcher......try best buy.com........its usually comparative to the stores.....(i know what you mean, hate calling their stores, they arent even warm bodies half the time)
Old 11-30-05, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by fitzcain
christ on a stretcher......try best buy.com........its usually comparative to the stores.....(i know what you mean, hate calling their stores, they arent even warm bodies half the time)
You obviously didn't read the original post. He was asking if Best Buy's in-store price is comparable to the price on the website.

For a roughly 27.00 retail title, 24.99 is Best Buy's standard price. Prices should be the same for both. Sometimes 22.99, but usually 24.99.

Last edited by STEVEIGNORANT; 11-30-05 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-30-05, 09:42 AM

Are all the 4 movies in anamorphic? The previous "Tremors" CE DVD was non-16x9.
Old 11-30-05, 10:06 AM

packaging indicates that the original Tremors is indeed anamporphic. however, i can't verify as i haven't made the purchase yet. about time. . .
Old 11-30-05, 10:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by STEVEIGNORANT
For a roughly 27.00 retail title, 24.99 is Best Buy's standard price. Prices should be the same for both. Sometimes 22.99, but usually 24.99.
I haven't found this to be the case, speaking in strict reference to a title's debut release week. It is typically only after that first week that a $27 title would default to a $25 in-store price, so I'm holding out hope...I'm still amazed that there are 10,000 DVD buyers here at DVDTalk and NO ONE knows a definitive answer to this!
Old 11-30-05, 10:13 AM
Banned

A poster at HTF has confirmed that all 4 titles, including the original, are now 16X9; apparently all the extras for 1, 2 and 3 have been ported over (save for some production notes and cast and filmmakers uselessness on the original), but Part 4 apparently had several extras dropped.
Old 11-30-05, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
I haven't found this to be the case, speaking in strict reference to a title's debut release week. It is typically only after that first week that a $27 title would default to a $25 in-store price, so I'm holding out hope...I'm still amazed that there are 10,000 DVD buyers here at DVDTalk and NO ONE knows a definitive answer to this!
Well, the BB's here don't have the Jurassic Park 3 pack, Frighteners, or the Tremors Attack Pack. On the other hand W*Mart has plenty of all three (plus the Mummy one) on a dedicated display stand (all 19.99 at the one I saw). I think the prices on the web site pretty much (in my experience) line up w/ prices at the store.

BTW, it looks like BB doesn't have Tremors Attack Pack in any store as it is available only online (no in store pick up). You can tell by going to their web site, and finding the DVD in question. Click on it, then look under the "Store Pickup" section (under the price-- right above the "Add to Wishlist" button). In the case of Tremors, it says "not available". If it was stocked in any BB store, then there would be a link which would take you to a page where you could enter your zip code to see which stores stock it in that area.

EDIT: for example, locally 2 BBs have the Mummy Collction for 19.99... that's probably what Tremors would be if they had it.
Old 11-30-05, 11:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by awmurray
BTW, it looks like BB doesn't have Tremors Attack Pack in any store as it is available only online (no in store pick up). You can tell by going to their web site, and finding the DVD in question. Click on it, then look under the "Store Pickup" section (under the price-- right above the "Add to Wishlist" button). In the case of Tremors, it says "not available". If it was stocked in any BB store, then there would be a link which would take you to a page where you could enter your zip code to see which stores stock it in that area.
I had noted that but I have had one instance in the past (though I've forgotten the title) where the website said store pickup not available, and my store had plenty, so that's not a 100% given...again, I hold out hope...thanks for cluing me in to Wal-Mart's offer, though!
Old 11-30-05, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by STEVEIGNORANT
You obviously didn't read the original post. He was asking if Best Buy's in-store price is comparable to the price on the website.

well, I did read the original post, but as I missed the gist of it and posted my first thought, I guess, my apologies, I meant to say "usually", not always, its a guideline, not a rule, and was just throwing my two cents in for an option (he already tried that). We all go through the same route, check online at the website, check here for confirmation or whatever, actually check the store (sometimes they dont match, but usually).......its all good.......only way to really clarify is to go in, then.
Anyway,
So far it seems the set is 17.99 with KK ticket.....at costco for cheapest.....not a bad deal but be warned its two flippers, i believe.
I am going to try for one tonight.

Last edited by fitzcain; 11-30-05 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-30-05, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Costco's around me in Ca and the ones near my mom in Az didnt get Tremors in and doesnt show up in their system as being on order
Old 11-30-05, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
The only store I've seen in my area to have either Jurassic Park or Tremors was Wal-Mart. Big display of them like the other poster mentioned.
Old 11-30-05, 03:30 PM

I thought it went without saying that only advertised DVD's are cheaper the first week of release. Why put something on sale and not advertise it?
Old 11-30-05, 03:58 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts
Can anyone clue me in before 12 noon 11/30?
So, how much was it?
Old 11-30-05, 04:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Cow
So, how much was it?
Well, bizarrely, inexplicably, flabbergastingly, neither Best Buy nor Circuit City had it and, since I went on my lunch hour, I didn't have enough time to check out Wal-Mart; fingers crossed that I find the same large display there that two other posters did.
Old 11-30-05, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They're $19.44 at my Local Wal-mart, and so is the Franchise Collection of The Mummy (Mummy, Mummy Returns, Scorpion King). The Franchise Collection Adventure Pack of the Jurassic Park Trilogy was in the same display and only $14.99 at Wal-mart. Great cheap ways to get all these movies and in time for Christmas.

The back of the Jurassic Park and Tremors sets said anamorphic Widescreen for all the movies on the backs of the boxes I picked up.
Old 11-30-05, 07:23 PM
Banned

Yep, I grabbed it a little over an hour ago at Wal-Mart--$19.44, less than $5 per film. Can't beat that, my friends...
Old 11-30-05, 07:40 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

They are 14.24 at my Wal-Mart for JP and the Mummy also.
Old 11-30-05, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by danganet
I can't say for Best Buy, but Costco has it for $17.99.

2 dual sided discs stacked on top of one another with a King Kong ticket in a cardboard slipout. (Sorta like the Don Knotts Hero 4 movie set)
I guess it is worth it at that price. The first is good, the rest are just for laughs....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.