Search this Thread

Old 11-20-05, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Friday ads When??

Do they come out Wed or Thur?
Old 11-20-05, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They usually are "officially" sent out with Thursday papers, if I remember correctly.
Old 11-20-05, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got a traget ad that says good through Saturday but it does not have items in it that Ive seen other scans to show so I will assume there is another ad coming Thursday .
Circuit City looks to have polar express and War of the Worlds for $13.99 Monday and Tuesday though .
Old 11-20-05, 04:31 PM

Just do a google search, you should be able to find what you need. The funny thing is that there are so many sites that have them this year, that most of the major retailers seem to have given up on threatening lawsuits, in fact the sites themselves seem to be competing to get CNN or the WSJ to write stories about them, lol.

The physical ads are good for price matching though, or to give you something to read while waiting in lines. They should be in the newspapers Thursday, in some cases, they may be in Wednesday or Friday papers.
Old 11-20-05, 05:04 PM

Yeah. I can second that reccomendation on google's search. Black Friday sites are everywhere this year, some prices are pretty good (unfortunately for me many of this years films have not been). Most of the titles at a certain retailer are popular ones which will be reduced in price by midwinter anyway.
Old 11-20-05, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Lemondrop
I got a traget ad that says good through Saturday but it does not have items in it that Ive seen other scans to show so I will assume there is another ad coming Thursday .
Circuit City looks to have polar express and War of the Worlds for $13.99 Monday and Tuesday though .
Target is keeping the prices from the early ad though the weekend, some stores do not. The Target Black Friday ad is different and very good for DVD collectors I promise. Huge discounts on some big DVDs and sets. Some people in smaller communities will get them earlier, but most sill get ads on Thursday as mentioned.
Old 11-20-05, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I've wondered why people gotta have the prices so early when it doesn't take that much time once the ads show up on Thursdays to map out your shopping strategy. Having the ads a week early doesn't gain you much for mainly a 1-day event (on the super-bargains).
Old 11-20-05, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mike01
Do they come out Wed or Thur?
I'll try to get the Best Buy one tomorrow.
Old 11-20-05, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by speedyray
Target is keeping the prices from the early ad though the weekend, some stores do not. The Target Black Friday ad is different and very good for DVD collectors I promise. Huge discounts on some big DVDs and sets.
Other than the "Select Other DVD Box Sets", I really didn't see much that every.other.store. wasn't already offering.

However, nothing will be better than the "sale" they had during the summer..