Madonna: Confessions ($9.99)
Mariah DVD+CD ($11.99)
Old 11-17-05, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
posted it in the kong thread too...looks awesome
Old 11-17-05, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard there is a $3 OFF coupon for POLAR EXPRESS but cannot for the life of me remember where I saw it and what magazine it is in. If anyone knows, help me out!

--Marvin Dorfler
Old 11-17-05, 12:55 PM

Much thanks for the prices!

Are there any deals relating to the Nintendo DS or Mario Kart DS? I was kind of hoping for a DS + Mario Kart bundle since it was just released (and I am aware the Red DS + Mario Kart bundle comes out the following week)
Old 11-17-05, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by spuffin
Much thanks for the prices!

Are there any deals relating to the Nintendo DS or Mario Kart DS? I was kind of hoping for a DS + Mario Kart bundle since it was just released (and I am aware the Red DS + Mario Kart bundle comes out the following week)
None are listed in the ad. Sorry
Old 11-17-05, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by AndyCleveland
thanks.
picked up
Mariah DVD+CD ($11.99)
This is $2 less at Best Buy starting Sunday if you haven't opened it.... (see above)
Old 11-17-05, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
None are listed in the ad. Sorry
Thanks for looking!

and thanks again for the prices on everything else
Old 11-17-05, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts
Cool. I have about $40 in reward coupons, and another $20 for watching the sister-in-law's dog. AvP and WOTW, plus I thought I read somewhere that BB would have the King Kong set with Son of Kong and Mighty Joe Young.
Old 11-18-05, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by N2DVD
Cool. I have about $40 in reward coupons, and another $20 for watching the sister-in-law's dog. AvP and WOTW, plus I thought I read somewhere that BB would have the King Kong set with Son of Kong and Mighty Joe Young.
Mr. Drake mentioned it above.

I checked out his link but with no picture available, I can't really compare.
Old 11-18-05, 07:05 PM

do stores price match on black friday?
Old 11-18-05, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by CrashNBurn69

They COULD but will NOT.
Old 11-18-05, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Stores have enough going on during Black Friday without having to price match on top of it all.
Old 11-19-05, 08:42 AM

Did anyone else get a $7.50 off coupon for Aliens Vs. Predator: The Unrated Edition in their copies of Elektra: DC?
Old 11-19-05, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by speedy1961
Mr. Drake mentioned it above.

I checked out his link but with no picture available, I can't really compare.
Pic is now up:

Old 11-19-05, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by CrashNBurn69
I have had success with Best Buy in the past. If their is/was a doorbuster sale price for example "Amityville Horror (2005) for 9.99" from 5am - 11am - Customer service will let you price match it between those hours only.

I found it easier to try to re-buy the movie and return it with the past week's receipt (if purchased within BB 30 day window) after Noon (less hectic) - I usually make a day out of it (good lunch, skip work - its all good - its Friday!)

Later!
Old 11-19-05, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by seymouru
Pic is now up:

That's what is in the Best Buy ad that I have.
Old 11-19-05, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by ramivic
Did anyone else get a $7.50 off coupon for Aliens Vs. Predator: The Unrated Edition in their copies of Elektra: DC?
Yeah I got it. Best Buy better accept it!
Old 11-20-05, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Yeah I got it. Best Buy better accept it!
Used mine to get the "I Robot" all access edition. Cashier didn't know how to enter coupon, but had a manager do it. If they say, it's mail in rebate, tell them it's also IN STORE also, which it clearly says on the form.
Old 11-20-05, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Dumb question:

I keep hearing people talk about "Best Buy Bucks" having something to do with a McDonald's monopoly game. Searching on this yields many search hits but none explain how the promotion worked. I realize it is over so it's a moot point, but I'm curious to find a brief summary of what the promotion was so I'll know what people did to get all these freebies. Can someone quickly summarize or point me to a thread that describes how it worked?
Old 11-20-05, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There was a game promotion that McDonald's ran where select food products contained both Monopoly pieces that could be collected to maybe win prizes or free food plus some boxes had "Best Buy Bucks" underneath the pieces that could be used to take either $1 or $3 off a purchase at Best Buy depending on which you got.

Legally, companies cannot charge you money to enter a contest (or else it would be like a lottery or gambling) and the law requires the companies to also offer a way to get the game pieces without buying McDonald's food products. In keeping with this legal requirement, the company allowed people to write in requests for a game piece to be sent to them in the mail in order to play.

Many people chose to abuse this legal requirement and used the loophole to requests many hundreds of these pieces for their own gain in order to use them to make large purchases at Best Buy and those are the Best Buy Bucks you see being discussed.
Old 11-20-05, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Lecithin, thanks for that explanation!

So all of these Best Buy Bucks are in $1 or $3 denominations which are not significant by themselves, but apparently McDonald's didn't restrict to 1 free request per household or address and sent multiple pieces and Best Buy Bucks to some people?

Am I right that the cost to each person who sent in was a 37 cent stamp and for each one McDonald's mailed out a game piece and either a $1 or $3 Best Buy Bucks? Was it random if you got $1 or $3 back?

Then the people took handfuls of these coupons to Best Buy to redeem all at once because the Best Buy Bucks probably didn't say anything about limit 1 coupon per purchase?

Very interesting. Best Buy is very careful with their promotions to put things like "markdowns taken from regular prices" or "not valid on new releases" such that every time I get those 10% off coupons I can't use them because "regular prices" are more than 10% higher than pricematching, but I guess McDonald's was not so careful.
Old 11-21-05, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They had to include a stamped, self-addressed envelope too, so the cost for each game piece request of BestBuyBucks was really 74 cents (and the time it took to hand write all those envelopes). The only limits I recall were that you could only use up to $300 of BBB and that for CDs and DVDs, you could only use $3 but I heard of several people being able to use more than that for online orders.

Also, for online orders (since you can't physically give the BBB to the computer screen) you had to enter in the unique code on each BBB you had, but people reported that even if you selected in-store pickup instead of delivery (to save on shipping costs) that you would not be asked to provide the BBB you used to lower the purchase price and that you could then also use those very same BBB in the store for another purchase. In effect, this "double-dipping" made your BBB worth twice as much since you could get the value out of them two times before being required to relinquish them.
Old 11-22-05, 10:37 AM

I got WWW this morning. It was 9:30 and they hadn't even put out the book yet. I asked about it and the boy said they must have forgot to put it out and I was the first person to ask about it. He went in the back and said they only got 2 boxes of the books. Each box probably only had 25 books in it, so I bet the book is gone after today. Other stores may get more than we did though. The book is the size of a regular paper back book with color pics in the middle. The dvd has $3.00 off coupons for Madagascar and the Island in it.
Old 11-22-05, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

good day today...

got war of the worlds 2 disc set with the little book from best buy for 24.99 and then i had a Madden 20% off coupon leftover from last year that they let me usebringing it down to $20...had a $5 reward zone coupon...final cost $15

then went to target and got seinfeld 5 & 6 for 29.99 each with a 2 $5 gift cards....we do all our grocery shopping at target so gift card is as good as cash to me....final cost $24.99 each
Old 11-22-05, 11:26 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
got war of the worlds 2 disc set with the little book from best buy for 24.99 and then i had a Madden 20% off coupon leftover from last year that they let me usebringing it down to $20...had a $5 reward zone coupon...final cost $15
Amazing. The Madden 20% off coupon expired more than a year ago and they still let you use it. You must have gotten a nice store manager...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.