Borders 20% Off the regular price of one DVD - until 10/30/05

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Borders 20% Off the regular price of one DVD - until 10/30/05

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-05, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a new 25% off coupon, good until 11/19/05.

http://f.chtah.com/i/9/276579820/110305_coupon.html
Old 11-16-05, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
The only reason I ever used Borders is because I had been given some gift cards.
Ditto. I always frown inside when given a Border's GC because I know the same dollar amount would go a lot farther at Wally, Target or even Best Buy. Not that I would ever turn my nose up at a gift.
Old 11-16-05, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks for the coupons...

you guys do know that those gift cards work at amazon right....
Old 11-17-05, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
I always frown inside when given a Border's GC because I know the same dollar amount would go a lot farther at Wally
But at least you should have the satisfaction that you're supporting a significantly less evil corporation than Wal-Mart!
Old 11-17-05, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Ambassador
But at least you should have the satisfaction that you're supporting a significantly less evil corporation than Wal-Mart!
The way I see it, there is very little difference between WalMart and Borders as far as being "evil corporations" except that my dollar goes a helluva lot farther at Wally. We aren't talking about supporting a mom and pop vs Walmart here.

I get a kick out of those who refuse to shop at WalMart but think Target and Best Buy are a-ok.
Old 11-17-05, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
I get a kick out of those who refuse to shop at WalMart but think Target and Best Buy are a-ok.
Target and Best Buy may not be great either, but we're not arguing theoretical similarities or differences. You don't have to oppose big business in general to be troubled by Wal*Mart. There is a wealth of concrete factual information out there detailing Wal*Mart's corporate practices that distinguish it from the others you mentioned. To my knowledge, Borders does not engage in many of these practices.
Old 11-17-05, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by illennium
Target and Best Buy may not be great either, but we're not arguing theoretical similarities or differences. You don't have to oppose big business in general to be troubled by Wal*Mart. There is a wealth of concrete factual information out there detailing Wal*Mart's corporate practices that distinguish it from the others you mentioned. To my knowledge, Borders does not engage in many of these practices.
Well, I was being a little facetious in my first post, but I think Illennium is exactly right. Even if there isn't a difference in kind between Wal*Mart and the others being mentioned, there is a huge difference in degree. For one thing, neither Border nor Best Buy attempt to pass themselves off as an embodiment of patriotism, as does Wal*Mart. Nor are they (or Target, for that matter) as ruthless in their business practices as Wal*Mart is. I mean, the way in which Wal*Mart attempts to appeal to core American values while systematically crushing them as far as their own employees are concerned isn't simply paradoxical; its obscene.

I also find that entering Wal*Mart is an incredibly creepy and stressful experience. So I've just stopped doing it.