Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

$10 in reward certs when you join RZ at Best Buy

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-05, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$10 in reward certs when you join RZ at Best Buy

Swiped from fatwallet(thx inhoso69!). $10 in reward certificates when you buy a $10 RZ membership. Coupon expires 11/5/05. Probably not good for renewals, but if your card has expired and they didn't renew it, get a new one.

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US...pn_6862754.pdf

BTW, according to that same thread, the coupon isn't good in Columbus, Cincinnati, or Dayton, Ohio, because they are testing a new free RZ card with a lower rebate. Whether they go national with it or not, I don't know.

"Interestingly, for anyone wondering why this isn't valid in Columbus, Cincinnati, or Dayton Ohio, they are testing a new RewardZone model in these markets which may become the standard.

Starting this month, RewardZone memberships CREATED in one of those cities (This didn't hit me since I created my RZ membership elsewhere then moved to Columbus) have the following changes:

1) $250 required for a $5 certificate (vs. $125 currently)

2) No more renewel charges

3) For those who spend X amount (I think it was $3000-4000) per year, they bump you to a "Premium" level, where the main benefit is that you get to pick one category of products in which your points are doubled for every purchase."

Last edited by misterchimpy; 10-25-05 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-25-05, 10:43 AM

I live in Columbus, and my RZ membership was automatically renewed in August for free under the new terms (noted above). I got a letter about the changes and my point balances were converted automatically just prior to my late-August expiration date.

If you're a big spender at BB, the original program is more advantageous. But, if your a casual shopper of say a few hundred dollars a year, the new program with no membership fee is probably better.
Old 10-25-05, 10:46 AM

Sad, I just joined on Friday for $10 then this coupon comes out.
Old 10-25-05, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MJG87
Sad, I just joined on Friday for $10 then this coupon comes out.
Hey, you're not alone in that boat. I did the exact same thing.
Old 10-25-05, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I did that last month, 5 days before the 30,000 (or $10 in reward certificates) coupon came out. So since you have 30 days to return your membership renewal for a refund, I returned it, then turned right around and bought it again with the coupon and got the 30,000 extra points for the same $9.99 I had just paid and got nothing for. You should do the same.
Old 10-25-05, 04:41 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I signed up about 4 weeks ago when they offered free 30,000 points for signing up during that week (it's in the weekly ad). I have some pending points posted to my account but none of the free 30,000 points is seen yet.
Old 10-25-05, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can you get credit for past purchases to your card? (I notice they have a form for "missing points").
Old 10-25-05, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eau
I signed up about 4 weeks ago when they offered free 30,000 points for signing up during that week (it's in the weekly ad). I have some pending points posted to my account but none of the free 30,000 points is seen yet.
I would shoot them an email about your bonus points with details about when you signed up and the offer. I've had numerous times when "bonus" points always seemed to fail to show up and wouldn't have unless I emailed them and asked for the credit.
Old 10-26-05, 01:33 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dvd-fanman
I would shoot them an email about your bonus points with details about when you signed up and the offer. I've had numerous times when "bonus" points always seemed to fail to show up and wouldn't have unless I emailed them and asked for the credit.
This happened before in my last RZ membership. They had the "buy $25+ and get 5,000 bonus points" offer or something similar. The bonus points never showed up when the qualifying transaction showed up as pending. I emailed them and they said it would show up when the transaction finally got posted to my account. That went past and of course the bonus points never showed up. Sent them another email and they manually added the bonus points as some "good will" points

I'll wait for another week when the enrollment goes past 30 days, then I'll shoot them an email