Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Gamestop B2G1F is running

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-06, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Down
As of yesterday morning, they're not allowing the 10% off coupon to be used w/ the B2G1 deal.

Found that out at the counter least night with S1-S3 of Alias.
Damn, well i guess i'll stop waiting and just buy them then.
Old 01-25-06, 05:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As of yesterday morning, they're not allowing the 10% off coupon to be used w/ the B2G1 deal.

Found that out at the counter least night with S1-S3 of Alias.
This probably happened because of some uninformed or clueless employee or manager, that begins making rules out of their asses. Nowhere it says that coupons or other promotions are excluded from any type of sale at Gamestop.
Old 01-25-06, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Game Stop's policies are extremely customer-friendly, and idiot employees frequently make shit up when they think you're getting too great a deal. Asking the employee for his district manager's phone number always gets the problem resolved in your favor.
Old 01-26-06, 12:58 AM
Banned

I've got a trip lined up for tomorrow. And, speaking from experience, the coupons will work. I've got 6 movies to trade in, so it breaks down like this.

Transaction 1:

Trade in my movies, use the 10% coupon, pkus my GameStop Value Card, and get 20% bonus trade in credit. Take the store credit and I'm done.

Transaction 2:

Take the store credit, use it at the store for the B2G1F. I'm hoping to score Sealab 2012 Seasons 1 through 3 for about $10-$15.
Old 01-26-06, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by dx23
This probably happened because of some uninformed or clueless employee or manager, that begins making rules out of their asses. Nowhere it says that coupons or other promotions are excluded from any type of sale at Gamestop.
This particular Gamestop has a **** for a manager, as we've gotten into it several months ago over whether my Gamestop Card Discount could be used on on a B2G1 deal. Complete jerkoff.

So when he told me this, I asked for some proof, in a tactful way. He immediately procured a printout of an e-mail that backed his claims up.

I may have to call the DM anyway, whether it's legit or not. That manager needs to be scolded.

Last edited by Down; 01-26-06 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-26-06, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

tip for you frequent buyers. Get to know some of your GS employees. If they are even remotely friendly, they may help you out. Case in point, I was able to do the B2G1F today even without the coupon. Girl at the counter manually entered it in, scanned my dvds, then scanned my gamer's card. $22 + change. Not bad.
Old 01-26-06, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by nonametofame
I was able to do the B2G1F today even without the coupon.
You don't need a coupon for the B2G1F.
Old 01-26-06, 12:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by yellowjacket621
You don't need a coupon for the B2G1F.
Kind of reminds me of that car insurance commercial with John O'Hurley, where he think's he's gettiing a discount rate because he's a star.

Anywho, had a nice experience today at GameStop in Columbia Heights.

I had a few crappy titles to flip, as well as my GameStop More Card, a 10% extra trade in credit coupon, as well as a 10% discount on Used games and DVD's coupon. So, it went as follows;

Don't Mess With My Sister! - $0.00 (apparently it's not a popular title)
Driv3r Promo DVD - $0.00 (Obvious reasons..)
Planet of the Apes 2 Disc 35th LE - $1.96 (..and that's WITH the extra 10%)
Tokyo: The Last Megalopolis - $7.50 (Bought it for $2 at a pawn shop)
Con Air - $4.00
Enemy of the State - $4.50

That said, I had $17.50 in store credit, as well as a forthcoming 20% discount on whatever I chose to buy (card and coupon), plus the BOGOF offer is still running..SO..I walked out with..

Sealab 2021 Season 1
Sealab 2021 Season 2
Sealab 2021 Season 3

Grand total; $12.99, after discounts and trade in credit.

Last edited by Cinemaddiction; 01-26-06 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-26-06, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nonametofame
tip for you frequent buyers. Get to know some of your GS employees. If they are even remotely friendly, they may help you out. Case in point, I was able to do the B2G1F today even without the coupon. Girl at the counter manually entered it in, scanned my dvds, then scanned my gamer's card. $22 + change. Not bad.
my bad, I meant the extra 10% coupon. I didn't receive my magazine in time, but I asked her about it. She put that on on top of the gamer's card 10% and the B2G1F, of course. duh. lol.
Old 01-26-06, 06:57 PM

Went to my local GS yesterday and picked up Armageddon-Criterion,The Last Temptation Of Christ-Criterion,The World Is Not Enough,Goldeneye,Tomorrpw Never Dies,and The Man With The Golden Gun,all B2G1F,and with the 10 percent off,forgot coupon.Also they have a 3 for $10 bin and the employee told me that with the B2G1F deal that you could get 9 DVD's out of that bin for $20.Wasn't much in there,some decent titles but nothing I just had to have.Also the employee told me I could have used the 10 percent coupon as well if I'd had it along with the discount card.I know some of you were saying they wouldn't let you have the discounts with the sale.I guess it just depends on the store or employees?
Old 01-26-06, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This deal is sick when you combine it with the Trade in deal at Moviestop.
Old 01-26-06, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bmello
This deal is sick when you combine it with the Trade in deal at Moviestop.
you talking about the MovieStop deal of trade in two titles from a particular studio and get a new release free? Or something different
Old 01-26-06, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sorraffy
you talking about the MovieStop deal of trade in two titles from a particular studio and get a new release free? Or something different
I'm talking about the trade in 3 titles for a $19.99 new release. Basically, you can get a new release or pretty much a title that was released over the past few months for ~$7 with this deal.
Old 01-27-06, 12:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bmello
I'm talking about the trade in 3 titles for a $19.99 new release. Basically, you can get a new release or pretty much a title that was released over the past few months for ~$7 with this deal.
GameStop offered the exact same deal before, but discontinued it because they stopped carrying new release DVD's. That said, the Gamestops I go to, much like CD Warehouse do still get some new releases "from other sources".

I dunno. I'm stoked, having got $75 worth of Adult Swim shows for $13.