DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Terminator 2: Extreme Edition $7.50 at Wal-Mart

Old 10-16-05, 03:16 AM
Banned

Terminator 2: Extreme Edition $7.50 at Wal-Mart

I was searching around and saw Terminator 2: Extreme Edition for $7.50 at Wal-Mart, wow, nice price, I never thought the price would go below $10 dollars!
Old 10-16-05, 05:30 AM
Banned

I took my T2 spec. ed. to COCONUTS and they gave me $6 for that old copy, so I went to Wal-Mart and picked up that dvd.
Old 10-16-05, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, i just saw that the other day. It even comes with the case shredder tin slip case.
Old 10-16-05, 08:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Puzznic
Yeah, i just saw that the other day. It even comes with the case shredder tin slip case.
Yeah but it was somewhat hard to take it out but my case didn't get shredded at all, guess I was very lucky, I am throwing away the slip cover anyway like I always do
Old 10-16-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The T2 Extreme copies I saw at the Walmart by me contained the cardboard case.
Old 10-16-05, 10:44 AM
Banned

Huh. The metal case version was disco-ed a while back.
Old 10-16-05, 01:39 PM
Banned

How bad is this metal slip case? One of the local stores still has it and I was contemplating picking it up. Any collectable value in the metal version?
Old 10-16-05, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

With the exception of James Cameron's audio commentary, this set is far from being "Extreme." Luckily, I still have my T2 Ultimate Edition DVD from like 4 years ago. The Metal slip case from the Extreme Edtion is garbage. I threw it away because the damn thing could barely fit onto the DVD case.
Old 10-16-05, 02:15 PM

You got to be very careful when removing the metal case. Not sure what they were thinking since they leave very little room for it to be removed.
Old 10-16-05, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

pretty good price
Old 10-16-05, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by Legolas
How bad is this metal slip case? One of the local stores still has it and I was contemplating picking it up. Any collectable value in the metal version?
Excuse my French, but it CAN be a real bitch to cases!

Perhaps it's collectible and especially at this price, how can it not be?
Old 10-16-05, 05:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJariya
With the exception of James Cameron's audio commentary, this set is far from being "Extreme." Luckily, I still have my T2 Ultimate Edition DVD from like 4 years ago. The Metal slip case from the Extreme Edtion is garbage. I threw it away because the damn thing could barely fit onto the DVD case.

I was under the impression that Extreme Edition had a much better audio and video transfer. Is that not correct? Are there a lot less features too?
Old 10-16-05, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yes, the Ultimate Edition set had many more features than this one. Lots of vintage featurettes, which I think are very cool to watch now. There is an HD transfer that can be viewed on your computer. But yes, to answer your question, the video and audio are improved.
Old 10-16-05, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJariya
Yes, the Ultimate Edition set had many more features than this one. Lots of vintage featurettes, which I think are very cool to watch now. There is an HD transfer that can be viewed on your computer. But yes, to answer your question, the video and audio are improved.
Exactly. The video & audio are improved. The features were viewed as more of a companion piece to the SE already released, not a replacement.