Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Some Great Deals & Price-Cuts at Wal-mart; Cheap Horror Titles Too For Halloween.

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Some Great Deals & Price-Cuts at Wal-mart; Cheap Horror Titles Too For Halloween.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-05, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the DDD tip. I know I looked before, but I could swear that all I could find was two. Do you know if the 3-pack is just the three individually-available ones packaged together? I already have the first one (one of the double-sided dvds) but if the 3-pack is different (i.e. not double sided) I prefer that. DDD also lists the three-pack (and the individually available #2 and #3) as full screen, but I didn't think either of those was available as only full screen. Any help? Thanks.
Old 10-13-05, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by peterm2
Thanks for the DDD tip. I know I looked before, but I could swear that all I could find was two. Do you know if the 3-pack is just the three individually-available ones packaged together? I already have the first one (one of the double-sided dvds) but if the 3-pack is different (i.e. not double sided) I prefer that. DDD also lists the three-pack (and the individually available #2 and #3) as full screen, but I didn't think either of those was available as only full screen. Any help? Thanks.
The 3-pack of the Ninja Turtles movies are the same as the individual releases in terms of features and presentation. I can't say for sure if the newer re-releases are double-sided or not as I only have the first release of the first movie in a snapper case. All three movies were first released in Snapper Cases. Then, they were re-released in Keep Cases. There's no special editions as of yet, though I believe they did release a box set of them all a few years back, but the only addition was I think it came with an action figure or something like that. The only problem when you order them off DeepDiscountDVD is you don't know if you'll get snapper cases or keep cases if you have a preference. I wouldn't trust the feature specifics listed on DeepDiscountDVD. They often list full frame with no extras for a big special edition. I think it just defaults with something to that effect if they don't specifically list everything.

ALSO, I updated the list with a bunch of additions based on my trip to Walmart today.

Last edited by stonecountry; 10-13-05 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-13-05, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Some of these have REALLY suprised me in the past month. I saw the T2 Extreme Edition at a Walmart in Louisville and was ticked because I had JUST bought it used for about that, and I'm salivating over the Silverado Deluxe Edition for $9.44.....prolly have to pick that one up! I've yet to see the Fifth Element Deluxe Edition on my local shelves, though I already have it.

Also, thats a GREAT price for Cop Land.

Last edited by nightmaster; 10-13-05 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-15-05, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know many might now care about this one, but I thought it was a great deal, and is by far the best deal I've seen for this DVD:

-Kingdom of Heaven w/ huge 176 page book on the production of the film - $14.88

I picked it up, even if the film is said to be lacking. I only saw this price at one WalMart today though, so YMMV.
Old 10-15-05, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

...and that Wal-Mart might be?
Old 10-16-05, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Whoops, sorry about that.

This one was at the WalMart in Anderson next to the Sam's Club. At the other WalMart in town it was $18.xx I believe. I have no idea about the Greenville stores, or any of the other ones though.
Old 10-16-05, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

conscience, I think, unfortunately if you're in the Greenville area, that Wal-mart that had the Kingdom of Heaven Deal was in Seneca. It was like $18.88 or around $20 everywhere else. If I had to bet, I'd say that deal was probably only good thru today too since that title just came out this week. They still had a bunch in stock though yesterday, so it's well worth the deal even if you had to pay $2 or $3 more if you even want the movie at all.

Also, if anyone cares, I updated the $4.88 section just to make known that Bride of Chucky is on sale for that price, but probably just thru Halloween.
Old 10-16-05, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Josh, I didn't see that deal at the one in Seneca. I bought it at the WalMart in Anderson earlier today. Did you see it in Seneca also?

Also, this book is awesome. It's the quality of a book that would normally cost $10-$15 at a book store. I'm sitting here looking through it and I'm actually shocked at the quality of it.
Old 10-16-05, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
Josh, I didn't see that deal at the one in Seneca. I bought it at the WalMart in Anderson earlier today. Did you see it in Seneca also?

Also, this book is awesome. It's the quality of a book that would normally cost $10-$15 at a book store. I'm sitting here looking through it and I'm actually shocked at the quality of it.
Yeah, I've been to the one in Seneca 2 or 3 times this week, and I saw it there. I didn't see a display or anything up front, but in the regular movie section with all the other recent titles, it's priced at $14.88. I'm surprised that's not how it is everywhere. Usually all the Wal-marts have the same deals, at least on new release DVDs.

It seems like one of those Amazon.com type deals where you can get the movie and the book about the movie or the book the movie's based on for a discounted price, only those deals usually run about $10 more than this. I'm surprised the movie itself is that cheap. It's supposed to be a good 2-Disc set in terms of extras at least.
Old 10-16-05, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks guys for the info.

----

On a different note:

I didn't notice this in the first post:

I was at the store on White Horse in Greenville (YMMV - elsewhere in the country) a few days ago and I saw The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly 2 disc CE for $14.XX. Don't know how great a deal that is (with CH and all) - but just wanted to let people check it out if interested. Looks to be around 20 bucks elsewhere.
Old 10-16-05, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got my Good The Bad And The Ugly 2 Disc at Wal-mart not long after it came out for $7.50 because Target accidentally listed the picture of it for sale instead of the old one disc version. Target wouldn't actually sell you the 2 disc, but since it was listed in the paper, Wal-mart price matched it for me.

That's a good thing to keep in mind since Target usually makes some kind of mistake like that at least probably once a month in their papers.
Old 10-16-05, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by stonecountry
I got my Good The Bad And The Ugly 2 Disc at Wal-mart not long after it came out for $7.50 because Target accidentally listed the picture of it for sale instead of the old one disc version. Target wouldn't actually sell you the 2 disc, but since it was listed in the paper, Wal-mart price matched it for me.
Me too. But I sold it a little while after watching it and made a profit.

But for those at all interested, by all means...