DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Costco 9/27/05 Robots $18.49 ($3 off w/purch) Family Guy movie $18.29 Dogtown $18.29 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/439615-costco-9-27-05-robots-%2418-49-%243-off-w-purch-family-guy-movie-%2418-29-dogtown-%2418-29-a.html)

Blade 09-28-05 01:36 AM

Costco 9/27/05 Robots $18.49 ($3 off w/purch) Family Guy movie $18.29 Dogtown $18.29

<a name="top">Note: Costco's stock varies from store to store, so availability may vary from store to store. Most of the new titles and promotions should be available though.

<center>**NOTE: Some members are reporting different pricing being reported by a few stores (I believe San Francisco, CA and one in New York state). Usually a $1 or so higher. Hopefully they'll go back to national pricing soon, so for now just be aware that it can happen.</center>

<center>If you don't see it here, try DVDTalk's Store Links It helps support the site! :up:</center>

<center>Jump to: Previous Deals <a href="#ongoingsum">Summary</a> <a href="#ongoingdet">Details</a> ~ <a href="#expire">Expiring Deals</a> ~ Past 8 weeks <a href="#current">Titles</a> <a href="#boxsets">Box Sets</a> ~ <a href="#top">Top</a> <a href="#end">End</a></center>

Prices on titles released today:
<a 9/27></a>Carlito's Way Rise to Power $17.29
Family Guy: Stewie Griffin the Untold Story $18.29
Lords of Dogtown (Unrated) $18.29
Robots (with free t-shirt) $18.49 ($3 off w/$9 purch. see below)
<a 9/27></a>Gilmore Girls s4 $36.89
<a 9/20></a>Wallace and Grommit 3 Adventures $12
Shark Boy & Lava Girl $18
Longest Yard $18
Outsiders SE $18
Crash $17.89
Monster In-Law $18.39 ($5 instant off w/purch of moisturizing bars) :lol:
Sin City $18
The Ring 2 Unrated $18.29
Toy Story SE $18
<a 9/20></a>Desperate Housewives s1 $38.29
Alias s1 $39
The OC s1 $44.69
Lost s1 $38.29 ($10 instant off w/purch of Pur Water Filters while sup. last) :D
Sliders s3 $36.49
Shirley Temple Collection $20 (comes with exclusive charm bracelet)

Other Interesting Titles:
Warner 2 Disc SEs $19ea: Rebel With a Cause; Giant; East of Eden; Casablanca; Chariots of Fire; Treasure of the Sierra Madre; Once Upon a Time in the West
Spongebob Squarepants s1-3 $31ea
Barbra Striesand DVDs $9ea: Nuts; Whats Up Doc; Up the Sandbox; Main Event
Fox Horror/Suspense #947234 $9ea: 28 Days Later; The Order; Night of the Living Dead ('68 color/b&w version but FULL SCREEN :down: ); The Omen; Wrong Turn; Edward Scissorhands** (**note, per dx23 there's a new release w/tin packaging coming out later this year)
Universal Collections #946744 $17.49ea: American Pie 3pack; Dr. Suess Celebration; Beethoven Collection
From the Earth to the Moon $60

Looked for but didn't see: Amazing Race s1; Beverly Hillbillies s1; Britney & Kevin: Chaotic; Doctor 90210 s1; Hogan's Heros s2; Star Trek Enterprise s3; Evil Dead 2; Creature Comforts: S1.

New Deals:
Instant rebates and coupons are usually taken AFTER taxes have been calculated.

<a 9/27></a>$3 instant off when you buy Robots ($18.29) and another $9 title while supplies last
If you buy Robots ($18.29) and one of the titles listed below (#931944 $9ea) you get an instant $3.00 off at the register:
Doctor Dolittle (Rex Harrison); Dr. Dolittle (Eddie Murphy); Dr. Dolittle 2; Catchat Kid; Bend it Like Beckham; Big; Dunston Checks In; Rookie of the Year; The Sandlot; Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines

<a name="expire">Deals Expiring This Week:
(See Deal Detail section for more information.)

<center>******************************************</center>

<a name="ongoingsum"><center>Jump to: Previous Deals <a href="#ongoingsum">Summary</a> <a href="#ongoingdet">Details</a> ~ <a href="#expire">Expiring Deals</a> ~ Past 8 weeks <a href="#current">Titles</a> <a href="#boxsets">Box Sets</a> ~ <a href="#top">Top</a> <a href="#end">End</a></center>

Ongoing Deals Summary (from the past 8 weeks if no exp. specified):

<a 5/31></a>$10 Gift Card for New Member signups. Exp. 12/31/05

<a name="current"><center>Jump to: Previous Deals <a href="#ongoingsum">Summary</a> <a href="#ongoingdet">Details</a> ~ <a href="#expire">Expiring Deals</a> ~ Past 8 weeks <a href="#current">Titles</a> <a href="#boxsets">Box Sets</a> ~ <a href="#top">Top</a> <a href="#end">End</a></center>

Currently Available Titles: (from the last 8 weeks)

<a 8/9></a>Because of Winn Dixie $18.29
Kung Fu Hustle/The Medallion $24.89
Kung Fu Hustle/Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon $24.89
Muppets: Wizard of Oz $13
Fox Price Drops $13ea: I Heart Huckabees; Sideways; Fat Albert (live action); Garden State; Taxi.
Columbia Tri Star Bargain 2pcks $11ea: And Justice for All/Five Easy Pieces; Postcards From the Edge/Hanging Up; The Fan/Arlington Road; Iron Eagle/Casulties of War; Buddy Holly Story/Peggy Sue Got Married; Johnny Mnemonic/Godzilla
Universal 2pks $17ea: Meet the Fockers/Meet the Parents; Assault on Precinct 13/2 Fast 2 Furious; Ray/Hurricane; Motorcycle Diaries/Traffic
<a 8/2></a>Alexander Director's Cut $19.49
Guess Who $18.29

<a name="boxsets"><center>Jump to: Previous Deals <a href="#ongoingsum">Summary</a> <a href="#ongoingdet">Details</a> ~ <a href="#expire">Expiring Deals</a> ~ Past 8 weeks <a href="#current">Titles</a> <a href="#boxsets">Box Sets</a> ~ <a href="#top">Top</a> <a href="#end">End</a></center>

Box/Gift Sets:</a> (from the last 8 weeks)

<a 8/9></a>Muppet Show s1 $27
HBO TV Sets $65ea: Carnivale s1; Deadwood s1; Six Feet Under s1-3; Band of Brothers per dx23 there's a $20 off coupon coming for these sets good from 8/15 to 8/21...said he found it in his newspaper, so check your ads)
Stargate all season $30ea per oros
<a 8/2></a>Ghostbusters 1 & 2 $12.29 NOTE there is a packaging error on some copies. BOTH MOVIES ARE IN WIDESCREEN
Cosby Show s1 $29
Baby Einstein Collection 1 & 2 $90ea
Bad News Bears Trilogy $15
Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy $15
Naked Gun Trilogy $15
Discovery Channel/Animal Planet 3 DVD set $24 (Anatomy of a Shark Bite/Jeff Corwin Monkeys Orangutans and More/Austin Steven's Snakemaster :lol: )

<a name="ongoingdet"><center>Jump to: Previous Deals <a href="#ongoingsum">Summary</a> <a href="#ongoingdet">Details</a> ~ <a href="#expire">Expiring Deals</a> ~ Past 8 weeks <a href="#current">Titles</a> <a href="#boxsets">Box Sets</a> ~ <a href="#top">Top</a> <a href="#end">End</a></center>

Ongoing Deals Details (from the past 8 weeks if no exp. specified):

$10 Gift Card for New Member signups. Exp. 12/31/05
Per misterchimpy:
BTW, Costco is still running its $10 gift card promotion for new members. You can't use it on a renewal, but you can use it to open a new membership. This promotion is good until 12/31/05. You may want to add it to the info page
http://www.costco.com/Service/Featur...uctNo=11022674

<a name="end"><center>Jump to: Previous Deals <a href="#ongoingsum">Summary</a> <a href="#ongoingdet">Details</a> ~ <a href="#expire">Expiring Deals</a> ~ Past 8 weeks <a href="#current">Titles</a> <a href="#boxsets">Box Sets</a> ~ <a href="#top">Top</a> <a href="#end">End</a></center>

Blade 09-28-05 01:38 AM

Yes! I'm back!!!

Sorry I was gone for so long...work got busy, Costco's prices were uninspiring and then my boss left for a South African vacation for 3 weeks. Things got even busier.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep this up to date from now on.

Peep 09-28-05 01:39 AM

Welcome back!! Your updates were sorely missed!

efftimmy 09-28-05 02:10 AM

Ditto!

wolverine1028 09-28-05 04:59 AM

We missed your updates! Welcome back! Thanks again!

RevKarl 09-28-05 05:21 AM

Yet another "Welcome Back, Blade" with a "You aren't kidding about the uninspired prices" and an added "Good thing the prices suck; now, it's not so bad they're not stocking what I'm looking for this week." (You can add Creature Comforts: S1 to your M.I.A. list this week.)

speedy1961 09-28-05 07:58 AM

Welcome Back! You've Got Mail!

dx23 09-28-05 09:47 AM

I saw Once Upon a Time in America for the WB 2 disc editions at $19. Also, some of you may want to wait on purchasing the Edward Scissorhands for $9. It is going to be re-released later this year in a new tin packaging.

And welcome back blade!! We miss ya!!!

Thanks for the prices.

RyoHazuki 09-28-05 11:49 AM

Which version of Night of the Living Dead is that?

LasVegasMichael 09-28-05 12:30 PM

Welcome back! Thanks for the listing! Always appreciated!

Bronkster 09-28-05 01:06 PM

Oh. You were gone? ;)

Welcome back! Glad that it was just business and nothing life-threatening that kept you away (we all worry when people just vanish like that. Don't you ever do that again, young man!!)

shawagg 09-28-05 02:11 PM

Oh sweet heavens the man is back! Welcome back Blade, as you can see we had quite a search party out.

Blade 09-28-05 02:28 PM

It's nice to be missed. :lol:

RevKarl, updated!

speedy1961, right back at ya!

dx23, thanks, updated both items.

RyoHazuki, I missed you too. ;) I'm not sure which version it it actually. I only looked at the title and I'm not a Living Dead fan. But I did some searching on Amazon.com and it looks like, based on pricing, that it's the '68 B&W/Colorized version: Night of the Liviing Dead

Bronkster, sadly, I'm not that young anymore. :( ;)

gotrice487 09-29-05 11:57 AM

Blade: Welcome back! I also live in Hawaii and I'm pretty sure I saw Star Trek Enterprise s3 at Costco Hawaii Kai...I'll go back and get a price check for you and look for that American Pie three-pack since that would be a great gift for one of my friends!

RyoHazuki 09-29-05 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Blade
RyoHazuki, I missed you too. ;) I'm not sure which version it it actually. I only looked at the title and I'm not a Living Dead fan. But I did some searching on Amazon.com and it looks like, based on pricing, that it's the '68 B&W/Colorized version: Night of the Liviing Dead

Wow, Blades back! How the hell are ya buddy? I missed you tons.

Seriously, it is nice to have you back. The bargain forum was a hollow shell without you. ;) Thanks, as always, for the prices.

Sweet Baby James 09-29-05 04:11 PM

Thank God you're back! I have a feeling that Costco is gearing up for some TV set deals and I need your good legwork to confirm this.:)

Blade 09-29-05 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by gotrice487
Blade: Welcome back! I also live in Hawaii and I'm pretty sure I saw Star Trek Enterprise s3 at Costco Hawaii Kai...I'll go back and get a price check for you and look for that American Pie three-pack since that would be a great gift for one of my friends!

I was surprised to not find the Enterprise set. If you find it and post it I'll update the thread. Thanks. :up:

FYI, I was there again today and took a closer look. It is the '68 color/b&w version, but it's FULL SCREEN :down: Updating thread.

Blade 09-29-05 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Thank God you're back! I have a feeling that Costco is gearing up for some TV set deals and I need your good legwork to confirm this.:)

:lol: I hope so. My wife wants to pick up the Everybody Loves Raymond sets...maybe they'll finally offer them at a good price. :D

Buford T Pusser 09-29-05 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by wolverine1028
We missed your updates! Welcome back! Thanks again!

Strong agreement!

The Bus 09-30-05 07:38 AM

Wal-Mart has Family Guy movie for $15.98 this week... Just to let you know. :)

Blade 09-30-05 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
Wal-Mart has Family Guy movie for $15.98 this week... Just to let you know. :)

The problem with Wal-Mart is that the pricing is inconsistent between stores, and mine is too far away to go check out just for a couple dollars difference.

Then again, they might finally have those dark chocolate M&Ms in stock...maybe I should go check them out tomorrow. :D

Peep 10-04-05 04:25 PM

If anyone cares, I saw "Aviator" and "Ocean's 12" there today for $10.99. That seems like a pretty good price. I wouldn't be surprised if "Troy" and "Miss Congeniality 2" were that same price.