DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Good deal on Alias season 3? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/439533-good-deal-alias-season-3-a.html)

The Iron Chef 09-27-05 02:12 PM

Good deal on Alias season 3?

Anyone know the best deal on this right now? I know about 3 months ago I think Best buy had it for $35.00, but now I can't find it cheaper than $45 or $50.

I am guessing I can get a deal on it if I wait until Season 4 is released, but my wife just finished season 2 and is anxious to see season 3.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Ispep Aloc 09-27-05 02:29 PM

Try the wherehouse.com thread. There's a 33% off code.

sideshow23bob 09-27-05 02:48 PM

if you have a gamestop around you can get it used for 24.99 i'm pretty sure...also even better if they've got the Buy 2 get 1 free sale going on too

dadaluholla 09-27-05 02:51 PM

You could trade in $30 of stuff at Spun and get it for like 17.98.
FREE SHIPPING!

rfduncan 09-27-05 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by The Iron Chef
I am guessing I can get a deal on it if I wait until Season 4 is released, but my wife just finished season 2 and is anxious to see season 3.

You'd do better to wait until S4 comes out IMO... especially since many consider S3 to be a bummer season (though I enjoyed it more being able to watch it straight through without 6-7 weeks hiatuses in the second half of the season!). But that way if you don't enjoy 3 you can move directly to S4 which in my opinion was ultimately a better season.

Or you could wait until the DDD sale in December and get them for her for Christmas - that's how I got S1&2 originally.

Sweet Baby James 09-27-05 04:20 PM

Pure speculation, but I think that Costco will have a coupon sale on this title sometime in the near future. I noticed that my Costco got a boatload of all three seasons of Alias recently. I don't think that they would stock up on old sets if they weren't about to have a sale.:fc:

speedy1961 09-28-05 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Pure speculation, but I think that Costco will have a coupon sale on this title sometime in the near future. I noticed that my Costco got a boatload of all three seasons of Alias recently. I don't think that they would stock up on old sets if they weren't about to have a sale.:fc:

I believe you are right in thinking this. That was how I got the last season of 24.

The Iron Chef 09-28-05 08:08 AM

Thanks or the info guys. We definitely have to get it, as she is driving me nuts asking me what the S2 cliffhanger is all about and what has been going on for the last two years.

I will keep my eyes on Costco, hopefully they will put it on sale soon.

mifuneral 09-28-05 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by The Iron Chef

I wouldn't count on any deals when s4 comes out. At least, not from Best Buy. They haven't been doing that as much lately.