DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Cheapest Gilmore Girls S4?

Old 09-21-05, 10:37 AM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 209
Cheapest Gilmore Girls S4?

I can get Gilmore Girls s4 from Coconuts.com on their current 10% off sale for a total (with tax & cheapest shipping) of $45. There's a $10 rebate coupon which lowers the price to $35.

DDD has it for $43, which will be $35 during their November 20% off sale, but I'd have to wait 2 months to get it that way.

Is there anywhere else that can come close to the $35 Coconuts price (so I won't have to deal with a rebate)? What's the likely price for this during the 1st week at the B&M stores?
ctowner1 is offline  
Old 09-21-05, 11:12 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,491
Originally Posted by ctowner1
Is there anywhere else that can come close to the $35 Coconuts price (so I won't have to deal with a rebate)? What's the likely price for this during the 1st week at the B&M stores?
I'm going to guess $39.99 or $41.99 at either BB or CC. I wish it would be lower, but not counting on it. I think I've been a little too spoiled lately, getting Desperate Houswives at $24.99 and all. GG is a great show though, one that I don't mind spending a little extra cash on.
dvd182 is offline  
Old 09-21-05, 12:45 PM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 209
Originally Posted by dvd182
I'm going to guess $39.99 or $41.99 at either BB or CC. I wish it would be lower, but not counting on it. I think I've been a little too spoiled lately, getting Desperate Houswives at $24.99 and all. GG is a great show though, one that I don't mind spending a little extra cash on.
Well..I agree...but at $40-42, which'll be closer to $43-45, I might as well just pay Cocomnuts.com the $45 and get $10 back in a few months. That way I don't even have to go to the store. I was hoping on perhaps a $35 sale for a total closer to $38 - not very likely though?
ctowner1 is offline  
Old 09-21-05, 01:06 PM
  #4  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 209
ah..just noticed that DDD has lowered their price from $43 to $39. Has anyone studied DDD's pricing practices enough to know whether that price is just artificially low to compete with release week and whether it's likely to go back up in a few weeks (i.e. by the November sale)?
ctowner1 is offline  
Old 09-21-05, 01:33 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Socal
Posts: 4,137
$39 a amazon with no tax/shipping
critterdvd is offline  
Old 09-21-05, 08:59 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,053
Originally Posted by ctowner1
ah..just noticed that DDD has lowered their price from $43 to $39. Has anyone studied DDD's pricing practices enough to know whether that price is just artificially low to compete with release week and whether it's likely to go back up in a few weeks (i.e. by the November sale)?
If a customer calls DDD and tells them of a lower price at a US seller such as Amazon, they will lower their price to beat it. Once the other E-tailor raises its price, DDD generally does the same. Total price including shipping is used by DDD to determine price matching since DDD gives you option of free shipping.
Classic Films is offline  
Old 09-21-05, 10:46 PM
  #7  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Tucson Az
Posts: 103
39.99 at Costco (Last year they had a 12.00 off TV sets coupon on Black Friday/Day after Thanksgiving which would bring it down to 27.99 if they do it again this year.) 38.99 at Amazon probably 37.88 at my local Walmart (yeah yeah YMMV. Don't be so eager to be the first one to post this in a follow up comment. It's so f#%king annoying and truly makes you look like a no-life dipshit) I already have seasons 4 and 5 in avi. format on 2 dvds and a cd (for each season) I watched all 5 seasons this summer so I could get caught up. I'll be replacing seasons 4 and 5 with regular dvds as they come out. Yeah, I'm hooked. The dialogue on this show rocks! Every TV / Movie / Literary reference is fun and much appreciated. It's like a free trivia quiz in every episode.

Last edited by master69; 09-22-05 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Annoying request to do so from ctowner!.
master69 is offline  
Old 09-22-05, 11:16 AM
  #8  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 209
...

Last edited by ctowner1; 09-22-05 at 01:12 PM.
ctowner1 is offline  
Old 09-22-05, 11:18 AM
  #9  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 209
Originally Posted by Classic Films
If a customer calls DDD and tells them of a lower price at a US seller such as Amazon, they will lower their price to beat it. Once the other E-tailor raises its price, DDD generally does the same. Total price including shipping is used by DDD to determine price matching since DDD gives you option of free shipping.
So based on all that, can anyone make an educated guess as to whether the DDD price will rise between now and the November 20% off sale (assuming the sale happens)?
ctowner1 is offline  
Old 09-22-05, 11:41 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,491
Originally Posted by ctowner1
So based on all that, can anyone make an educated guess as to whether the DDD price will rise between now and the November 20% off sale (assuming the sale happens)?
I am by no means sure on this, but I think DDD's prices after release week usually go back normal. (Well, normal for them anyway, which is usually the lowest price online.) So I would guess it will rise a few bucks to either $41.88 like seasons 1-2, or possibly go to $43.19, like season 3. I don't anticipate it staying < $40 all the way to November.
dvd182 is offline  
Old 09-22-05, 01:14 PM
  #11  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 209
Originally Posted by master69
ctowner1

I've edited my original post to avoid spoiling anyone's enjoyment of the show. Now could you remove your annoying post asking me to do so. It's really "spoiling" my enjoyment of reading this thread.

Thanks
done..thanks for being so accomodating and removing the spoiler info that was in your post, Master69!
ctowner1 is offline  
Old 09-27-05, 10:55 PM
  #12  
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by ctowner1
Is there anywhere else that can come close to the $35 Coconuts price (so I won't have to deal with a rebate)? What's the likely price for this during the 1st week at the B&M stores?
Target has it for $39.99 with a "Free $5 Target GiftCard - GiftCard automatically given at register; no rain checks".

Are they expecting to run out of GiftCards?
bpvh is offline  
Old 09-28-05, 01:01 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Socal
Posts: 4,137
YMMV - My local Target in Watsonville had this title for $3.99. In the DVD department there was no price sign, but I remembered from the ad that it was $39.99 so I put it in the cart. When I was checking out it rang up $3.99, and the cashier didn't saying anything about it. My receipt does say Warner TV DVD Gilmore... so I don't know what going on there...
critterdvd is offline  
Old 09-28-05, 05:34 AM
  #14  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by critterdvd
YMMV - My local Target in Watsonville had this title for $3.99. In the DVD department there was no price sign, but I remembered from the ad that it was $39.99 so I put it in the cart. When I was checking out it rang up $3.99, and the cashier didn't saying anything about it. My receipt does say Warner TV DVD Gilmore... so I don't know what going on there...
best deal ever!!
h8red is offline  
Old 09-28-05, 09:36 AM
  #15  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 539
I don't know, but Season 2 will be $18.xx at Target next week FYI.
Bobbin is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.