DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   "Last chance to buy" dvds at Walmart - $6.44 (YMMV) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/438270-last-chance-buy-dvds-walmart-%246-44-ymmv.html)

Mr. Cinema 09-17-05 08:21 AM

Was in Walmart early this morning and noticed they will be changing up their dvd selection very soon as they had signs up all over that said "last chance to buy". However, this time, they had a small section containing what appeared to be all Buena Vista titles with the same signs, only they were all $6.64. I picked up "Halloween Resurrection" and "In the Bedroom". I looked like around 40 titles. I remember seeing "Happy, Texas" and unfortunately, that's all I can remember right now. Hopefully this is not a regional thing.

The signs said Sept. 27 was the last day these would be available.

teamwinfan 09-17-05 03:23 PM

I saw Arachnaphobia & Amityville II: The Possession there today for that price as well as Halloween Resurrection already mentioned. I was only looking at Horror titles, so this is all I remember..

jayceman 09-17-05 03:34 PM

I assume this usually means that Wal-Mart stops stocking them in-store, but that they're not going out of print

Comic Book:The Movie (Mark Hammill, 2disc set) is one of those $6.44 selections with the "Last Chance" shelf talker, but all I've seen is full screen...

...anyone come across the widescreen version at this price?

jlm71176 09-17-05 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by jayceman
I assume this usually means that Wal-Mart stops stocking them in-store, but that they're not going out of print

Comic Book:The Movie (Mark Hammill, 2disc set) is one of those $6.44 selections with the "Last Chance" shelf talker, but all I've seen is full screen...

...anyone come across the widescreen version at this price?

I picked this up yesterday afternoon. I'm pretty sure that the full screen version is OAR.

Brent L 09-17-05 04:08 PM

I bought that latest release of Cop Land, so keep your eye out for that one!

I bought that one too, but don't worry about it being just full screen. It's full screen to give the look of a real documentary. Just to back myself up, here is a quote from the DVDTalk review:

Presented in the typical documentary aspect ratio of 1.33:1 full screen, Comic Book: The Movie looks very good.
If you were just kidding, then ignore me. :)

Rypro 525 09-17-05 05:09 PM

is the ce of scream 1 for 6.44?

Premise 09-17-05 09:04 PM

Add "In The Bedroom".

Steam 09-17-05 09:46 PM

Picked up Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

sataniko 09-17-05 11:32 PM

Picked up Birthday Girl and Love in the Time of Money

Also saw The Tie That Binds, Flirting With Disaster, Nightwatch, and a few others that I can't remember. There were about 15 titles.

conscience 09-18-05 12:21 AM

Were these on endcaps or in with the other dvds priced at higher prices?

Are they on the usual ''7.50' endcap that can be in the front of the store and/or in the electronics department?

I ask this, because I remember seeing Copland on the 7.50 endcap at the front of my local wal-mart for around 6 bucks.

I'd like to pick up Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind.

Mr. Cinema 09-18-05 06:02 AM

They were in the big dvd sections in the electronics department. On the other side of the side where they put their newer titles. I do think Cop Land was in that group as well as the others mentioned already.

lewisb73 09-18-05 10:22 AM

I picked up Cop Land at my WalMart today... forgot how good of a movie that was... and the cast is amazing... a who's who from the Sopranos and Scorcese films highlight the cast

darkhawk 09-19-05 08:18 AM

I picked up Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind.

Don't worry, Walmart brings these same titles back after a few months. They switch titles every 2 to 3 months

Cameron 09-24-05 01:29 PM

so what has everyone found

The Valeyard 09-25-05 07:31 PM

Picked up Comic Book: The Movie. Not very good but not horrible either. The price is definately worth it for the extras however. The second disc is PACKED.