DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Some Desperate Housewives & Battlestar Galactica Info for Ads at Target & Best Buy (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/437660-some-desperate-housewives-battlestar-galactica-info-ads-target-best-buy.html)

Altimus Prime 09-12-05 01:07 PM

Some Desperate Housewives & Battlestar Galactica Info for Ads at Target & Best Buy

Got a peek at the Sunday ads for Target and Best Buy, Sept. 18-24.

Best Buy will have the first season of Galactica at $42.99.

At BB, Desperate Housewives is at $37.99. Those with the $10 coupon from the Lost bonus disc will get it for $27.99. But they're also giving you the $10 off if you buy Lost and DH at the same time. They're tossing in a free 2006 DH calendar.

Didn't see Galactica in the Target ad. But they have Desp Housewives for about the same price (before the coupon). Instead of a calendar, you get a bonus disc with the "Sorting Out the Dirty Laundry" recap special.

Rogue588 09-12-05 01:10 PM

I asked about DH extras in the "Anyone want my coupon thread".

A 2006 calendar? That's lame. At least they could've done the same thing as Lost and included the clip show [unless it's already on the set].

Altimus Prime 09-12-05 01:12 PM

Well, you can get the clip show, at Target.

That seems odd, as it's usually BB that puts out those kind of bonus discs.

dvd182 09-12-05 01:14 PM

I'm glad that the set will be ~$28.00 w/coupon at BB, that really worked out well as I'm a fan/buyer of both Lost and DH.

cajun_junky 09-12-05 02:02 PM

I was hoping for a little better price on BSG. Hopefully my $10 digital coupon from Lost Season1 will show up in time to make the deal a little better.

If there is any good deal in store for BSG, can a $10 digital coupon be used in store somehow????

Dabaomb 09-12-05 02:50 PM

Thanks for the info but next time could you not abbreviate so much in the title. I had no idea what "DH" and "BSG" stood for until opening this thread up.

Maquis 09-12-05 03:01 PM

If there is any good deal in store for BSG, can a $10 digital coupon be used in store somehow????
The best you can do is order online using the $10 digital coupon, and choose in-store pickup. Not sure if they'll have any extras with the disk, but you should be able to get it when you pick up in-store.

I am planning on using my coupon (assuming I get it!) to do this. If there is an extra, I will pick up a couple of BSG off the shelf, and walk it over to the CS to do my pickup. That way I will be sure to get the extras.

cajun_junky 09-12-05 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Maquis
The best you can do is order online using the $10 digital coupon, and choose in-store pickup. Not sure if they'll have any extras with the disk, but you should be able to get it when you pick up in-store.

I am planning on using my coupon (assuming I get it!) to do this. If there is an extra, I will pick up a couple of BSG off the shelf, and walk it over to the CS to do my pickup. That way I will be sure to get the extras.

I forgot you can do an in store pickup at BB. I remembered that it is circuit city that does not allow in store pickup for DVDs.

I am sure that is what I will be doing!!!

Quake1028 09-12-05 07:51 PM

I just hope BB will let you use the coupon on that price since the coupon states it's only good on the regular price.

msmagic 09-12-05 07:54 PM

I wonder if you'll be able to use the $10 coupon on DH and get 10 off for buying Lost as well? Anyone know?..

TNAJason 09-12-05 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Quake1028
I just hope BB will let you use the coupon on that price since the coupon states it's only good on the regular price.

I was wondering the same thing.....

Altimus Prime 09-12-05 08:47 PM

The Indiana Jones set was at a lower sale price at Best Buy with I bought it with a $10 coupon from their DVD Insider mag. I got the $10 off the sale price, not the regular price. So maybe.

Dalvin 09-13-05 12:14 PM

Any chance Fry's might have a one day special on Desperate Housewives? Maybe for say, $34.99? I could then use the ad, go to Best Buy to pricematch it, and then present the coupon for $10.00 off of that. Making it around $24.99 for the set. I think its stupid they didn't include the "Sorting out the dirty laundry" special on there. It also would have been nice to have the OPRAH interview of all of the Desperate Housewives on there as well. Since Disney owns both, I don't see why this could not have happened? It would have been nice.

Heat 09-13-05 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by msmagic
I wonder if you'll be able to use the $10 coupon on DH and get 10 off for buying Lost as well? Anyone know?..

Originally Posted by TNAJason
I was wondering the same thing.....

Ditto. If you could use the $10 coupon on the sale price, that'll work out nice. And the calender could be nice, especially if my wife becomes addicted to it as she has been for Lost (bought the set last Saturday, the plan was to watch a couple episodes each day with her. She's already watched them all...)

I wonder if this is the calender that Best Buy is giving away:
http://abctvstore.shopthescene.com/d...a633509c44fc25

ScottsDvds 09-13-05 09:31 PM

If its not a "package" price, you should be able to use the coupon. Pricematching is a YMMV with the coupon.

garmonbozia 09-13-05 10:51 PM

If not, I'm getting it at Target instead to get the bonus disc.

roadblock 09-14-05 01:42 AM

I have the Best Buy ad in hand, and Desperate Housewives is $34.99 for Reward Zone members, $37.99 for nonmembers.

mrsnickers 09-14-05 08:07 AM

What is the price of Lost next week, still $39.99?

reverie 09-14-05 08:33 AM

Some stores, if I'm not mistaken, allow you to use competitors coupons.. Could that be done at Target with the Best Buy coupon for DH?

Chew 09-14-05 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by roadblock
I have the Best Buy ad in hand, and Desperate Housewives is $34.99 for Reward Zone members, $37.99 for nonmembers.

Which means this whole RZ discount is going to last about 2-3 more weeks, right? ;) It was $10 off Remington Steele, then $5 off Lost and now we're down to $3.

dvd182 09-14-05 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by reverie
Some stores, if I'm not mistaken, allow you to use competitors coupons.. Could that be done at Target with the Best Buy coupon for DH?

I know my Target doesn't let anyone do anything (PM, match coupons, etc...).

Dr. DVD 09-14-05 10:43 AM

Will Best Buy keep Lost at $39.99 for next week as well? Also, though a little off topic, will they do a special with Firefly for the upcoming Serenity movie?

Pistol Pete 09-14-05 11:54 AM

FWIW, Costco has BSG S1 coming out 9/20 for $39.99. So if you don't have a coupon, you can still save $3 over BB.

PGHFlyer 09-14-05 11:56 AM

Somehow, I doubt that BB is going to carry the better version of BSG S1 that contains more extras. We will have to get that elsewhere.

pinata242 09-14-05 12:26 PM

I hope you're wrong, jkzahn. They have it online, so hopefully they'll actually have it in store right next to the UK version that I've hard a very hard time ignoring for the last 2 months.