DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Ringu Anthology $22.99 at BB (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/435218-ringu-anthology-%2422-99-bb.html)

davejt1 08-23-05 11:30 AM

Ringu Anthology $22.99 at BB

BB is selling the Ringu Anthology (4 discs) for $22.99. Just bought a copy - for that price, it was too good to pass up.

Not sure if it's a pricing mistake or not - the single disc Ringu 2 is also $22.99. The price on the sticker for the Anthology is $42.99 (CC and Borders both sell it for $55.99).

primalurg 08-23-05 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by davejt1
BB is selling the Ringu Anthology (4 discs) for $22.99. Just bought a copy - for that price, it was too good to pass up.

Not sure if it's a pricing mistake or not - the single disc Ringu 2 is also $22.99. The price on the sticker for the Anthology is $42.99 (CC and Borders both sell it for $55.99).

Doesn't look like a mistake. It's showing up for $22.99 on the BB website too.

DJ_Longfellow 08-23-05 11:44 AM

whoa....nice price, I may even get it for that

DJ_Longfellow 08-23-05 11:44 AM

whoa....nice price, I may even get it for that

davejt1 08-23-05 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by primalurg
Doesn't look like a mistake. It's showing up for $22.99 on the BB website too.

I noticed that, too.

I was in there a few weeks ago to buy the Disney Timeless Treasures discs. The sticker said $16.99, even though the website listed them as being in-stock at $14.99. When I asked about it, they told me that the actual store and the website are two completely separate entities (which I have also heard mentioned on these DVDTalk boards numerous times), even though the prices do match up 90-some percent of the time.

There was another time that I bought a disc (can't remember which one) that sold for $1 more in-store that what was listed on their webpage that morning. By the time I got back to my computer to verify the price, they had adjusted it up by $1 on the site.

spinning plates 08-23-05 01:24 PM

sweet price. going to pick one up after work.

Living Dead 08-23-05 03:03 PM

Just got mine in L.A. Thanks for the heads up.

garmonbozia 08-23-05 03:58 PM

does BB stand for Blockbuster or Best Buy ??

jlm71176 08-23-05 04:01 PM

Thanks for the head up. I wasn't going to pick this up right away since I already have Ringu but can't resist a good bargain.

RichC2 08-23-05 06:39 PM

Got mine as well, whats funny is there was a newly printed sign in front of it saying the $42.99 price.

DJ_Longfellow 08-23-05 07:41 PM

So, it rings up at that price right? I think I may go tomorrow since I just got a $5 reward certificate

New Rambler 08-23-05 07:55 PM

Grab it while you can. Everywhere else has it $20 more or so.

Leechboy 08-23-05 08:37 PM

How is the packaging? Is each disc in its own case?

RichC2 08-23-05 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Leechboy
How is the packaging? Is each disc in its own case?

It's one open flap with 4 discs, they're actually half-way stacked on top of each other.

spinning plates 08-23-05 09:21 PM

i was expecting better packaging and i hate that it says "the four films that inspired the ring" at the top. oh well. :/

TomOpus 08-23-05 09:28 PM

Pretty damn good deal. Amazon had it for $41.xx. Ordered online and selected "In Store Pickup". I've had the first one for some time but I can always sell it at a used place.

Thanks to the OP... I probably wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

dvdphilic 08-23-05 11:19 PM

I'd like to confirm the deal. The in-store price is $22.99. Use a coupon ($2 off any 2 DVDs priced $14.99 or higher) cut from the back insert of movie gift card jewel case and you will save another $1.

nemein 08-24-05 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by RichC2
Got mine as well, whats funny is there was a newly printed sign in front of it saying the $42.99 price.

I was at a store earlier today and passed it over because of that... wish I knew then that it would ring up at the discounted price. Oh well I just did a "pick it up" order from the website just in case they correct the price before I get back there ;)

DJ_Longfellow 08-24-05 12:23 PM

I went to find it today in store....I couldn't find it, employees knew nothing. Oh well, Maybe I'll check the other one. It's a good deal, I cannot pass up....I'm not big in the Japanese horror, but we'll see.

Jah-Wren Ryel 08-24-05 12:35 PM

The BBY I went to yesterday was similarly clueless about the set, I searched high and low and despite plenty of Ring 2 discs, there was no Ringu Anthology on the shelves or any display cases. So I went home and placed an order for pick up to reserve the price and will be back in a day or two.

DJ_Longfellow 08-24-05 12:48 PM

Yeah, my store didn't even have the Ringu2 disc either

davejt1 08-24-05 12:49 PM

If you're looking for it at BB, I found it in the horror section right next to "Ringu 2" (it wasn't in a special boxed-set section or on an end cap or special display). Our BB had about 12 of them.

nemein 08-24-05 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by nemein
I was at a store earlier today and passed it over because of that... wish I knew then that it would ring up at the discounted price. Oh well I just did a "pick it up" order from the website just in case they correct the price before I get back there ;)

Looks like they are catching on... The store I went to earlier refused the online order, looking for a new store there are already a few in my local area that have marked it as "unavailable". I decided just to have them ship it to me instead and save the hassle of chasing after it (even if only on the website).

EDIT: Actually they canceled the order entirely now... good luck to those who are able to get in on it, looks like I'm SOL :(

EDIT2: Called back again, talked to a different CSR and she was able to change it to a "ship it" order... we'll see what eventually happens :scratch2:

mbs 08-24-05 01:56 PM

Thanks, OP. I ordered it on-line and went ahead and had them ship it.

jlm71176 08-24-05 02:44 PM

Nemein and MBS, I ordered it online last night since going to their store is nothing but problems for me lately. I came home from work and checked the status and it has shipped. Hopefully you'll both have the same luck.