Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Free Previewed DVDs from Block Buster (for paying rental subscribers)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-05, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I printed out my coupon, i'm a member of the on-line rental thing. You can choose the movies from this link:

http://www.blockbuster.com/catalog/L...layBoxArt=true
Old 08-10-05, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, I got this also....I'll either get Mystic River or Club Dread (if it's UNRATED)

we'll see what my store has...this is their way of saying, we are raising prices Enjoy

Also, you have to get your movie IN-STORE....the 1st port is a little misleading to me. There should be a coupon in your account for this.

Last edited by DJ_Longfellow; 08-10-05 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-10-05, 10:12 AM
Banned

I'm going to check this out.
Old 08-10-05, 10:45 AM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Yep, I got this also....I'll either get Mystic River or Club Dread (if it's UNRATED)
I'm going to snag Mystic River myself. It's been one of those I've been meaning to get for what seems like forever. Hopefully one of the many BB's around here still has a copy.
Old 08-10-05, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The membership price should be same for those who joined around Jan 05, because my $14.99 price remain the same... Until maybe next year?
Old 08-10-05, 11:42 AM

i used mine to Snag Spartan.
Used the 7.99 for any previewed DVD coupon to snag National Treasure
Used the Free New Dvd to snag Constantine
Don't know why the Free new dvd coupon came back, since i used it last month - but im all for it.
Old 08-10-05, 11:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pookymeister
i used mine to Snag Spartan.
Used the 7.99 for any previewed DVD coupon to snag National Treasure
Used the Free New Dvd to snag Constantine
Don't know why the Free new dvd coupon came back, since i used it last month - but im all for it.
Hmm..what free new DVD coupon?
Old 08-10-05, 11:59 AM

that would be from this deal -
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6288520
Old 08-10-05, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got the "buy one PVD for $7.99" coupon but no free coupon. I wonder why.
Old 08-10-05, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by runner001
I got the "buy one PVD for $7.99" coupon but no free coupon. I wonder why.
I got the free coupon but not the "buy one PVD for $7.99".

I think the $7.99 coupon is better than the free crappy movie coupon...well you can't beat free.
Old 08-10-05, 05:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got the $7.99 one last month. This month I got the free one (although the only movie of interest can't be found at any of the local BB I've checked yet...) and something about buy 1 get a 2nd half off or $5.99 or something like that... haven't really looked at it yet.
Old 08-10-05, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the rep I called also said that the free PVD coupon came with a notice that the subscription price will increase back to $17.99
Old 08-10-05, 05:33 PM

the rep I called also said that the free PVD coupon came with a notice that the subscription price will increase back to $17.99
Indeed it did, but the message about the price increase that came with the coupon did state that it wouldn't affect current customers until January 2006 at the earliest.
Old 08-10-05, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

really? she said it was going to take effect august something. when did you first become a member, maybe that has something to do with it.
Old 08-10-05, 05:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The announcement I received said Sept.
Old 08-11-05, 01:16 AM

well they only had one of those Dvd's from the list at my Block Buster' s, so I talked to the manager and they just let me get one of what I wanted.
Old 08-11-05, 02:28 AM

really? she said it was going to take effect august something. when did you first become a member, maybe that has something to do with it.
I joined almost right when they opened.

Here's what I got:

Congratulations (name removed),

Your BLOCKBUSTER Online Membership™ is now a better value than ever before.

As you may have heard, we will be raising the price of our rental plans beginning August 19, 2005.

You are not affected by this price change. As we promised when you signed up, your price for this plan is guaranteed through January 31, 2006.

Here is your current membership information.

Your Current Plan: 3 at a time
Your Current Price: $14.99 (plus tax)

Over the next year, you can expect us to open even more distribution points to help with shipping times. We continue to bring in more titles on DVD with even more copies so the movies you want are available when you want them.

And in appreciation for your continued loyalty, we are introducing the first of our exclusive BLOCKBUSTER Online FREE offers. Look for additional exclusive free offers in upcoming months.

THIS MONTH: GET A PREVIOUSLY VIEWED DVD FREE
Take home Denzel Washington in Out of Time, Johnny Depp in Once Upon a Time in Mexico or even Sean Penn's award-winning turn in Mystic River. These or other memorable titles can be yours this month for FREE. Just print the FREE Previously Viewed DVD e-coupon now available in your account. Valid at participating BLOCKBUSTER® Stores (see coupon for complete terms). Check here for the most up-to-date list of eligible titles.

We realize that you have a choice when it comes to home entertainment, and we appreciate that you have chosen us.

If you have any questions or concerns, please refer to our FAQs or contact us via Customer Service at blockbuster.com.

Thank you,
Your Friends at BLOCKBUSTER Online
Old 08-11-05, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I knew I remembered August something correctly! by chance, did you happen to notice if that email came from the same address as the shipping notices they send when they send and receive DVDs? I never got such an email but I always get those shipping notices. I'm wondering if it was sent from a different address and wound up in my bulk folder.
Old 08-11-05, 03:20 AM

I knew I remembered August something correctly! by chance, did you happen to notice if that email came from the same address as the shipping notices they send when they send and receive DVDs? I never got such an email but I always get those shipping notices. I'm wondering if it was sent from a different address and wound up in my bulk folder.
The e-mail came from the same e-mail address ([email protected]) but the ID tag was different. For the shipping notices it is just "blockbuster"; for this e-mail it was "BLOCKBUSTER online".
Old 08-11-05, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm a member for a few months now but I never got the email and no free movie is showing in my coupons on my account. My membership actually runs out today and I was going to cancel. But if I get a free dvd, I'll keep it another month. If I haven't already gotten an email/free dvd coupon, is it too late, or is there a chance I'll still get it if I don't cancel?
Old 08-11-05, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the rep told me that the email was sent out "last night" when i spoke with her and said that it was sent to all the members that were supposed to get it. since you and i did not receive such email, it looks unlikely we will be getting any free DVDs.
Old 08-11-05, 09:43 AM

i was using a free 1 month trial and got the free dvd coupon about 3 weeks into it, on 08/02/05. i used my $7.99 to get 'finding neverland' for .75 cents since i had some left of over credit and i used the free coupon on 'spartan' based on reviews. 'the cooler' looked ok too but i didn't see that one in my local bb. 'the terminal' is a decent free movie also, but it has zero extras.
Old 08-11-05, 09:52 AM
Banned

the rep told me that the email was sent out "last night" when i spoke with her and said that it was sent to all the members that were supposed to get it. since you and i did not receive such email, it looks unlikely we will be getting any free DVDs.
I didn't get the email and my "free dvd" coupon is sitting in my coupons bin.