Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No go in Toledo, Ohio.
Old 08-09-05, 08:21 PM
Cool New Member

La Habra Target is a no go.
Old 08-09-05, 08:23 PM

No deal at the Sand City or Watsonville stores, but it was good at the Salinas store in CA. Too bad EVERYTHING was gone (after reading some posts, I assume they were all pulled). Only thing I could find was JAWS 30th - which for some strange reason was shelved in 2 different areas one with the $16.99 price tag and another with a $5.99 tag. They had 4 Sopranos, I checked 2 and one came up not in the system and the other was full price.
I haven't read every single post, but has anyone noticed a store not having the prices yesterday, but then having the prices today? Watsonvile was pretty much stocked on everything, so I would love it to work there. It seems strange only certain stores would have the mistake when these prices must have come from some master database (the disgruntled employee someone mentioned). I just want to know if I should waste the trip tomorrow.
Old 08-09-05, 08:34 PM

the target greatland on harbor blvd in costa mesa had none of these titled mentioned anywhere. i bet someone probably already pulled all of them off the shelves.
Old 08-09-05, 08:35 PM

No luck at Targets on 38th and Eagle Creek Pkwy, 101st and Michigan, and the one on 86th St between Allisonville and Shadeland in Indianapolis. Has anyone had any luck at the Target in Fishers, IN, or the one on 86th and Westfield? If anyone else is in the area the Target at 38th and Eagle Creek Pkwy still had Jaws for 5.99, but only 1 or 2 copies left as of 5:00 pm today.
Old 08-09-05, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
For the Maryland DVDTalkers:

Just for the record, checked the Reisterstown, MD Target tonight on the way home. No luck there. So thats goose eggs in Pikesville, Towson and Reisterstown.

Will check Cockeysville tomorrow morning, for the sake of argument, though I'm not expecting much.
Old 08-09-05, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Nabalab
Maybe I'll try Westbury later, but it's not looking good.
Sorry to reply to my own post made earlier, but I ended up stopping by Westbury, and much to my surprise it went well.

Managed to pick up over 3 separate orders - Batman Volume 3, Friends 2,3,4,5,7,8,9 (Season 6 was normal price, and they were out of Season 1), Gilmore Girls 1,2,3, One Tree Hill, OC, and 7 different seasons of Little House on the Prairie.

As I was looking at the dvd's, some guy (not an employee) asked me if there was a sale. He seemed cool enough, so I was like "yeah, not really advertised though". He then told me that he found out through slickdeals, and I told him I found out from here. We both chuckled. No BoB to be found though, which we were both looking for!

And oh yeah - no luck at the Target in College Point (Queens) either. But I have a feeling the "sale" *was* going, but it was stopped by the time I got there.
Old 08-09-05, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got back from the Colonial store in Orlando for the 3rd time today. The prices are still messed up, but they were fairly picked over. I picked up the last copy of Fantastic Four and 3 copies of Joan of Arcadia. They still had some Little House on the Prairie, and several copies of Pretender and Friends Season 8, also 2 copies of Jaws left. I think that was it for the $5.99 stuff. I scanned all the Sopranos, and they all rang up full price.

I'm probably gonna head back again tomorrow afternoon and see if they get in a restock and put the stuff out and don't have the prices fixed. I'm still looking for The L Word, the OC, Nip/Tuck (didn't know this was one of the titles) and Band of Brothers.
Old 08-09-05, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Nabalab
Sorry to reply to my own post made earlier, but I ended up stopping by Westbury, and much to my surprise it went well.

Managed to pick up over 3 separate orders - Batman Volume 3, Friends 2,3,4,5,7,8,9 (Season 6 was normal price, and they were out of Season 1), Gilmore Girls 1,2,3, One Tree Hill, OC, and 7 different seasons of Little House on the Prairie.

As I was looking at the dvd's, some guy (not an employee) asked me if there was a sale. He seemed cool enough, so I was like "yeah, not really advertised though". He then told me that he found out through slickdeals, and I told him I found out from here. We both chuckled. No BoB to be found though, which we were both looking for!

And oh yeah - no luck at the Target in College Point (Queens) either. But I have a feeling the "sale" *was* going, but it was stopped by the time I got there.
It's nice to know that it went well, fellow Long Islander. I'll look in S. Setauket tomorrow and Bay Shore Thursday, I'm pooped out (and the others are too far away or inconvenient). I'm looking for MacGuyver S1 and BoB; I have Miami Vice S1 and 3rd Rock S1 for trade
Old 08-09-05, 08:55 PM
Cool New Member

I checked out a few Targets today:

Melbourne, FL @192
Nothin

Viera, FL

$5.99 DVDs
Sex and the City [Complete Set]
Friends [Complete Set]
Gilmore Girls [2 Complete Sets]
The OC
3rd Rock from the Sun
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 7
Band of Brothers [2 copies]
The L Word
One Tree Hill [2 copies]

Everything Else Regular Price

My friend hit up 7 Targets in Orlando, not sure of everything, but here is what he picked up for me:

Looney Toons 1&2
Fantastic Four
Monk Season 3
Mary Poppins
Jaws
Batman TAS
and a few more...

Great day for me, but my DVD shelf is having back problems now! Thanks OP, you rock!
Old 08-09-05, 08:58 PM

Nothing happening in the Maryland area, I tried 4 stores in the Baltimore Metro Area.
Old 08-09-05, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nothing at my Target. There are no price checkers there, and I didn't feel like having an old lady scan 10 different sets. Brought up Band of Brothers....survey says! "89.99".
Old 08-09-05, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Pocahontas
That is out of left field, what made you decide to scan that one?

Looks as if there are a bunch of DVDtalkers that are missing out on this great deal. I started a Big Target Exchange thread in the excange forum so check it out and anyone that can handle picking up extras, there are plenty of good people here that would love some help.
Old 08-09-05, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit
It's nice to know that it went well, fellow Long Islander. I'll look in S. Setauket tomorrow and Bay Shore Thursday, I'm pooped out (and the others are too far away or inconvenient). I'm looking for MacGuyver S1 and BoB; I have Miami Vice S1 and 3rd Rock S1 for trade
Don't bother with South Setauket, Bayshore, or Riverhead - everything rang up at regular price. I got News Radio and Sex and the City season 6 vol.2 at Medford.
Old 08-09-05, 09:06 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I checked both the Madison, WI Targets tonight and no dice (all rung up at regular price).

But thanks the post, OP. Maybe next time it'll work for me. It was fun waiting all day and thinking about what could have been.
Old 08-09-05, 09:09 PM

jackpot

Scored in Selma, Tx

Sponge Bob season 1 and 2
Pocahontas 2 disc edition
Little House on the prairie Seasons 1-8
Joan of Arcadia season 1

Wow, I was nervous bringing up all these box sets to register. The clerk started screaming "WOW these are great prices". Which drawed attention from other employees. I was waiting for someone to tell me the prices were wrong. Luckily it rang up, and I ran out of the store before they changed their minds about the sale. I will check out other Targets around San Antonio tomorrow. I can't believe this has not been fixed yet on their system. I don't think this is going to last long.

So hurry if you are in San Antonio!
Old 08-09-05, 09:12 PM
Banned

four stores in Houston everything rings up the regular price...

then a store on Jones Rd... The shelves have been wiped clean!!

But I walk over to the side by the toy section and I almost FALL OVER!

TWO Shopping Carts with EVERY title mentioned in this thread! They obviously pulled the product. I casually peruse these carts and select one of each... glide through a check out lane where the girl had NO idea what I bought and voila!

I am stoked. Only bad thing is NO Band of Brothers!!
Old 08-09-05, 09:16 PM

went to:

Merrillville,IN was cleared out but these were left and scanned at 5.99:
Jaws 30th Anni Edition
Band of Brothers
Friday

Highland,Munster,and Calumet City,IN were all no goes... do you guys think the ones that were cleared out today will be 5.99 tomorrow morning after theyre restocked? or do you think the computers will be fixed by then?...me and my friend are thinking about heading up to Merrillville first thing tomorrow morning (Weds.).

Last edited by bdeezy; 08-09-05 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-09-05, 09:17 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by REL77
I know there are some of you that want to trade for what I scored (see post a couple above)...
So put them up for trade in Exchange instead of in this thread.
Old 08-09-05, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

No dice in Stroudsburg PA or Rockaway NJ.
Old 08-09-05, 09:19 PM

when they comment on the price i just say it had one of those tempory price cut tags.
Old 08-09-05, 09:21 PM

store on Mira Mesa had everything I scanned full price (tried like 8 different titles that are listed the most here). Anyone in the San Diego area have any luck? I doubt I will go by any other stores before everything is fixed or gone.
Old 08-09-05, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Picked up Moonlighting S1/2, Hogans' Heroes S1, & MacGuyver S1 @ Pasadena(TX) Store @ 8am today. All others mentioned that I was interested in came up reg $.

Slipped by the Almeda Mall store & scored a few more - LHOTP S6,7,8, Sponge Bob S2 & Batman V3.

Tried 3 other area stores & completely stuck-out - Kemah, Baytown & Baybrook(figured I'd re-verify earlier findings). I didn't hit the Kemah/Baytown stores until tonight, so maybe Corp fixed the prices by now?
Old 08-09-05, 09:25 PM

The only thing I could find for $5.99 at my local Target (Fort Wayne, IN Stellhorn Rd) was the Jaws 30th Anniversary, so I picked it up. That was about 1 hour ago.

I checked the Target by Glenbrook, but all of the items were ringing up full price.
Old 08-09-05, 09:31 PM

I picked up Friends 1 - 9

Gilmore Girls s.3 ( this is what i really wanted, no seasons 1 or 2 )

All the other stores I checked out were regular price, and of course they had all 3 season of GG.

Oh well, I'm happy......but if anyone wants to unload some Gilmore Girls, let me know.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.