DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Question (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/431847-question.html)

UnforgotteN 07-25-05 09:42 PM

Question

Hello,

I'm looking for DVD movie provider where i can buy used/new DVDs, mostly new releases. I'm willing to pay up to $3 per DVD.

I will be buying large amounts of DVDs all in the purpose to re-sell.

Regards,
John

sanjoelo 07-25-05 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by UnforgotteN
Hello,

I'm looking for DVD movie provider where i can buy used/new DVDs, mostly new releases. I'm willing to pay up to $3 per DVD.

I will be buying large amounts of DVDs all in the purpose to re-sell.

Regards,
John

$3 each for NR's? You'll probably want to begin your search in Hong Kong.

PopcornTreeCt 07-25-05 10:02 PM

Ah, you know if I could buy legitimate new releases for $3 a pop I'd be a mult-millionaire in less than a year.

New Rambler 07-25-05 10:22 PM

Open a few thousand stores, call them something like Wall of Mart, buy dvd's by the million, and those suppliers will lower their prices to you. Beat up on them some more to get the prices lowered a touch more.

justbarelymovin 07-25-05 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by New Rambler
Open a few thousand stores, call them something like Wall of Mart, buy dvd's by the million, and those suppliers will lower their prices to you. Beat up on them some more to get the prices lowered a touch more.

Ha ha. My thoughts exactly. Wall of Mart. Brilliant, just brilliant. Maybe if someone else doesn't beat him/her to the punch, eh?

marty888 07-25-05 11:12 PM

Welcome to the forum, but ...... first of all, you should give some clue as to the topic in your thread title.

In this instance, something like <i>Question about finding the Holy Grail</i> or <i>Question about alchemy</i> would have let us know the nature of what you're looking for.

The short answer: get real.

raytrade 07-25-05 11:24 PM

Unforgotten- in case you are truly clueless and don't understand the sarcasm in all the replies thus far, it is because new releases cost wholesale many, many times more than $3 a disc, even if you are a huge retailer with thousands of stores. If you are a single store or seller, you will end up paying MORE for the new release wholesale than even the retail sale price at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. Many small independent video stores buy their new releases at Best Buy or Walmart for their rental and sale stock as they would have paid more from the distributor/wholesaler. For example, a new release might be advertised for $14.99 at Best Buy, but your wholesale price will be $17-$18 from your distributor. If you buy tens of thousands of copies of that title, you MIGHT be able to get it for less than the Best Buy price but nowhere near $3.