Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DVD Ads: July 24th - 30th

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-05, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the prices. I might pick up some of those tv on dvd sets with those RZ prices.
Old 07-22-05, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know they let you use your RewardZone card online but are RewardZone prices good online also?
I really want to get 3rd Rock from the Sun and Gilligan's Island for that price. I have the others.
Old 07-22-05, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by bigjim25
I know they let you use your RewardZone card online but are RewardZone prices good online also?
I really want to get 3rd Rock from the Sun and Gilligan's Island for that price. I have the others.
You have the others? As in, the other sets that are $19.99 for RZ members? They don't get released until Tuesday, how did you manage to get them already?
Old 07-22-05, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Woohoo! Finally a week where there's nothing I want! (though that Serenity tease is very mean if it is indeed on the bonus disc!)
Old 07-22-05, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Corvin
Thanks for the prices. Was hoping to get a deal on Errol Morris's work...and now I'm wondering if the B&Ms will even carry it.
Yeah, I'm hoping for Costco.
Old 07-22-05, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by guessed
You have the others?
I got Brady Bunch ordered and got Remington Steele & MTM yesterday from foxstore.com sale
Old 07-23-05, 07:25 PM

"The Jerk" is the 26th Anniversary Edition, I would assume. If so, that's a pretty solid price ($12.99 at CC). Thanks Big Worms and The Successful Dropout.

"I know we've only known each other 4 weeks and 3 days, but to me it seems like 9 weeks and 5 days."
Old 07-23-05, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

wow thats some good rz prices on the tv sets. count me in for gilligans island, mtm and brady bunch! will also pm the cc price on the jerk.
Old 07-23-05, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks!

The Jerk may be on my list.
Old 07-23-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seriously, I wonder how much money this forum has saved me. I picked up a RZ membership for free thanks to a post on this very forum. Now I'm saving $ with these sale prices. This past week I loaded up on PS2 GH titles (2 for $22). Now season sets. What I'm saying is thanks to everyone who posts here.
Old 07-24-05, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by madcougar
Seriously, I wonder how much money this forum has saved me. I picked up a RZ membership for free thanks to a post on this very forum. Now I'm saving $ with these sale prices. This past week I loaded up on PS2 GH titles (2 for $22). Now season sets. What I'm saying is thanks to everyone who posts here.
You're welcome
Old 07-24-05, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Dabaomb
a lot of stores advertise product at regular price just to let ppl know that it's available. Products that are advertised increase sales even if it's regular price.

Im sure stores advertise at MSRP once in a while, but if they were to only advertise at MSRP eventually Im sure they would go out of business as they are advertising that they aren't competitive.
Old 07-24-05, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The "American Psycho" that is pictured in the Target ad is the rated version. But when I was there yesterday, all I could find was the new version, so hopefully that's the one that is really on sale.
Old 07-24-05, 10:37 AM

Thanks for the prices, but nothing for me this week
Old 07-24-05, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

There are a lot of dumb people that think if something is in a sale ad it must be on sale.
Old 07-24-05, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
There are a lot of dumb people that think if something is in a sale ad it must be on sale.
That's extraordinarily close to a personal attack, even if you didn't single someone out, at least two us on here have posted that it doesn't make sense to advertise MSRP and then you post this.
Old 07-24-05, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mhepburn20
That's extraordinarily close to a personal attack, even if you didn't single someone out, at least two us on here have posted that it doesn't make sense to advertise MSRP and then you post this.

Are you serious???? How? How was I calling you dumb? Did you think I was challenging your statement that advertising MSRP did not make sense?

You wrote:

Someone wanna explain why Target is charging MSRP for Mary Tyler Moore SHow season 2 AND ADVERTISING it. That just makes no sense

I then explained why it makes sense to the stores to sometimes do that.

Maybe you should read what I wrote again:

That's my reasoning about why they put high prices in ads sometimes. How is it an attack on you?

Where does your statement say "it's in the sale ad so it's on sale and I'll buy it. Duuurrrrrrrrrrr"?

Mhepburn20-the first person to ever accuse me of being extraordinarily close to making a personal attack.

But it's cool because I still can say that no one has accused me of actually making a personal attack.
Old 07-25-05, 05:34 AM

I appreciate the honor you have bestowed on me (I'm #1! I'm #1), I will however send you a quick e-mail to explain myself (so as to not clutter the thread, sorry folks). Perhaps I am just being overly sensitive.

Last edited by Mhepburn20; 07-25-05 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Reads much better, could have come across as sarcasm the original way.
Old 07-25-05, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

All Buford was trying to say is that some people (the J6P's of the world) aren't as savvy as us about what the retail price actually is, or even when stuff comes out. So, when they see the ad, they think "Wow, I didn't know this was coming out! And it's on sale too!" So they go and pick it up.
Old 07-25-05, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just The Jerk for me
Old 07-25-05, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by darkhawk
Just The Jerk for me
C'mon now darkhawk! That's a definite personal attack on Mhepburn20.

Old 07-25-05, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Shagrath
All Buford was trying to say is that some people (the J6P's of the world) aren't as savvy as us about what the retail price actually is, or even when stuff comes out. So, when they see the ad, they think "Wow, I didn't know this was coming out! And it's on sale too!" So they go and pick it up.

Damn. Why didn't I saw it that way?

An example would be my sister. She's very smart and makes around $300K per year. She probably has 500 DVDs, many of them TV box sets. I was telling her about DDD and she said she just gets everything at Target because it's on sale the first week. Oi.

I think she knows she could save some bucks but she doesn't want to bother looking around for deals. She would just prefer to grab it when she sees it on her weekly shopping trip to Target.
Old 07-25-05, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Didn't see it on the Target list,but i picked up Resident Evil:Apocalypse for $10 there yesterday.
Old 07-25-05, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
Damn. Why didn't I saw it that way?

An example would be my sister. She's very smart and makes around $300K per year. She probably has 500 DVDs, many of them TV box sets. I was telling her about DDD and she said she just gets everything at Target because it's on sale the first week. Oi.

I think she knows she could save some bucks but she doesn't want to bother looking around for deals. She would just prefer to grab it when she sees it on her weekly shopping trip to Target.
When you make $300K a year, you don't have to scour the ends of the Earth to save every last dime on a DVD. BTW, is she currently single?
Old 07-25-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
When you make $300K a year, you don't have to scour the ends of the Earth to save every last dime on a DVD. BTW, is she currently single?
But if she did look for bargains, then she'd save some money and be able to buy more stuff! I make a decent living, and I'm still doing 110% PM's at BestBuy every week to get my 10-20 cents extra. That shit adds up, and eventually I have saved enough to make another purchase.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.