Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Free Stealth preview DVD and Fantastic 4 CD sampler (at Bestbuy B&M)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 07-11-05, 05:01 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I picked up a couple of the Steath preview DVD at Best Buy today. Although the ad says they are free, they actually ring up one cent each at the register. The best part is that they are factory sealed in standard keepcase. I picked them up mainly for the brand new keepcases

I also picked up a free Fantastic 4 CD Sampler, which has 4 tracks on it and comes in fully printed paper sleeve. They also have the comic free with DVD purchase (be careful, they ring up $14.99 before the register recompute the whole purchase).
Old 07-11-05, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What kind of content is on the Stealth DVD?
Old 07-11-05, 03:54 PM

There's the theatrical trailer for Stealth, The Legend of Zorro, Zathura, The Cave, and a few others. There's also a kind of featurette on Stealth that runs approx 5-10 minutes.

I didn't have to go through the checkout for mine. I just asked the guy in the DVD section, he handed me the DVD, and I walked out. There's no security sticker in it, so I don't know why anyone would need to go through checkout for it.
Old 07-11-05, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
How 'bout the FF disc? There were only two discs on the soundtrack that I even cared about. What are the chances they're on it?
Old 07-11-05, 09:14 PM

I picked it up and asked the sales droid if it was free, or if it was free with a purchase. The droid told me that it was only free with the purchase of any 2-pack dvd set.

You guys are lucky to get it for free without any additional purchase.
Old 07-11-05, 09:30 PM

Hobgoblin, are you talking about the Stealth disc? Their weekly ad clearly states that it is free, no purchase implied.

"Free Stealth Preview Disc instantly, when you visit our Entertainment department."

My BB didn't have any on display so I asked a blue shirt who went in the back and got one for me.
Old 07-12-05, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by yeldarb367
Hobgoblin, are you talking about the Stealth disc? Their weekly ad clearly states that it is free, no purchase implied.

"Free Stealth Preview Disc instantly, when you visit our Entertainment department."

My BB didn't have any on display so I asked a blue shirt who went in the back and got one for me.
Yes, that is the one I am talking about.
Old 07-13-05, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also had to ask for the Stealth disc as they weren't out. I walked out with it and had no problems, the security guy recognized it and said I was fine.
Old 07-13-05, 12:27 PM

Piece of cake. Had to ask a blue shirt and they had a big display with tons of the free Stealth DVD. Thought it may be out so was mildly surprised. There must have been 100 copies or so.
Old 07-13-05, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Best Buy I stopped at yesterday had a big display with at least 200 of the Stealth discs right as you enter the store. I just grabbed one and walked out.
Old 07-13-05, 11:35 PM

I pick-up five of them so that i could replace some used dvd's i've pick-up in the last for days.
Old 07-14-05, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ROBERTCOP34
I pick-up five of them so that i could replace some used dvd's i've pick-up in the last for days.
That's a great idea. I've got some used dvd's i've pick-up in the last for days that need replacing also.
Old 07-15-05, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Huge displayer here . . . I just grabbed one and out the door I went . . . somehow missed the Fantastic 4 CD though -- DOH!
Old 07-15-05, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

I just wore out the DVD and my player looking at those few frames of Jessica Biel in that greenish-blue bikini- mmmmm!
Old 07-15-05, 06:05 PM

Blue shirt said I had to have these rung up at the register. All rang up $0.00 so I showed her my receipt for $0.00 & then they let me leave.
Old 07-16-05, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've nabbed 12 so far (1 or 2 per day when I drive by the store). You can never have enough DVD cases.

Stew
Old 07-16-05, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

BB is going to continue to give out those Stealth preview DVDs this week too, while supplies last.
Old 07-16-05, 10:47 PM

Pick-up 5 more today and the fantastic four cd.
Old 07-17-05, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked up a couple of copies (one for my brother). The Stealth preview had me LMAO, it looks so bad. Ten years from now this is going to be the movie that Conan, host of the Tonight Show, shows to Jamie Foxx to embarass him, "remember when you made this bomb?"

Great laugh and it's a nice dvd case and I needed a replacement case.