Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Anime Sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-05, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anime Sale

Not sure if this has been posted. Anime sale on certain titles at ADV website 50-75% off. Has some Farscape, Andromeda stuff and etc too. I've never ordered from this site so I have no idea if it's any good or what their shipping policy is.

http://www.advfilms.com/sales.asp
Old 06-30-05, 08:18 AM
Defunct Account

Thanks for the heads up. In the Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread from the last couple of months, there has been much discussion about ADV and their sales. The consensus is that it's best to avoid them. They physically cut or mar the UPC codes of their sale items. Sometimes it is a hole punched out, sometimes it is a thin razor blade slice, and other times they really deface the cover.

Also these items are not returnable, they charge your CC as soon as you place the order, even for back ordered items, and returns are difficult. At least that's what's been reported. Of course, YMMV.
Old 06-30-05, 08:57 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Oh sometimes they more than just deface the cover- they totally destroy the DVD.
Old 06-30-05, 09:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've ordered lots of things and had no problems. Only sometimes did my items have the bar code damaged.

Also, you can return things if they are defective but only for the same item. Kinda like most stores with dvds.
Old 06-30-05, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by chemosh6969
I've ordered lots of things and had no problems. Only sometimes did my items have the bar code damaged.

Also, you can return things if they are defective but only for the same item. Kinda like most stores with dvds.
Me too, I've not had a problem after many orders. Most times it has been a very small hole drilled through the barcode. I guess if someone is really anal that could be a problem, but I'm more interested in watching the actual show/movie than I am watching the case on the shelf. I don't doubt the problems others have had, I just haven't seen them myself after several orders.