DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Coconuts 15% off Coupon (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/428794-coconuts-15%25-off-coupon.html)

dfriedland 06-30-05 07:30 AM

Coconuts 15% off Coupon

JULY4TH2005

Save an additional 15% off your purchase and receive FREE Budget Shipping!

Instructions:
- Add CDs, DVDs, VHS, Books, Electronics, or Software items to your cart
(offer not valid on Gift Cards, Game Hardware and Game Software)
- When prompted on the cart page, enter the promotion code JULY4TH2005
- Your 15% savings on the items in your cart will appear in the
Discounts/Promotions Value section of your shopping cart
- Proceed to the Checkout page
- On the Checkout page select Budget shipping as your shipping method
- Your Free Shipping savings will show in the Discounts/Promotions section of
your shopping cart
- Review your cart and process order

* Terms and Conditions:
- Orders must be placed on or before 07/04/2005 by 11:59:00 PM PST.
- Coupon offer not valid for purchasing Gift Cards, Game Hardware or Game Software.
- This offer is not valid with any other coupon, shipping coupon, or other
promotions.
- Tax (when applicable) will apply as usual.
- One coupon per customer.
- Offer void outside the United States or where prohibited by law.
- Coupon has no cash value.
- Offer valid only online. Offer not valid at Coconuts retail locations.
- coconuts.com reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any time.

ruk 06-30-05 07:36 AM

i got the same thing for fye's also and their code is INDEPENDENCE2005, also received email from bestbuy which has 10% off in store coupon on one item

dfriedland 06-30-05 07:46 AM

40714468 Tales from the Crypt: Complete First Season $17.99 $17.99
Discount Shipping Value Value
4th of July Blowout Sale - 15% + Free Shipping $2.98 $2.70

Subtotal: $15.29
Shipping Charges:
(Budget) $0.00
Tax: $0.76
Total: $16.06

Colleen 06-30-05 09:31 AM

I'm picking up:

Muppet Show - Season 1: $23.79 - $7 rebate = $16.79

Twilight Zone, The 80's - Seasons 2 & 3: $46.75 - $10 rebate = $36.75

Brady Bunch - Season 2: $22.94 - $5 rebate = $17.94

Roseanne - Season 1: $20.39 - $7 rebate = $13.39

Cosby Show - Season 1: $25.49 - $5 rebate = $20.49

Sahara - Widescreen: $16.99 - $5 rebate = $11.99

Pretty hot deals if you're a conscientious rebate sender, but still great without. I hadn't planned on buying Roseanne, but it's hard to pass up a full season (23 episodes) for $13.

cloudburst 06-30-05 10:18 AM

Ordered Curb Your Enthusiasm S4 for $16.79 after rebate and Fantastic Four Animated Series for 18.79 after rebate. Once again great deals at Coconuts!

Sweet Baby James 06-30-05 12:18 PM

Smallville Season 4 is $39.99 less 15% and a $10 MIR=$24 plus tax.:)

shawagg 06-30-05 03:59 PM

I don't know about you guys but I never get my rebates without calling them up. Just yesterday I had to call them about my LOTRs DVD from last Dec. Plus I still haven't gotten the rebates from last year's father's day.

Eric F 07-01-05 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Smallville Season 4 is $39.99 less 15% and a $10 MIR=$24 plus tax.:)

That'll work.;)

msmagic 07-01-05 05:53 PM

I posted in the other Coconuts thread as well..
What is everyone's experience pre ordering with coconuts.com? Do the dvds come on the release date? Before? How long after?

Any help would be so appreciated. Wive's bday is Sept. 6. I wont pre order Lost if it wont come by then, I'll buy it in the store...
Matt

Bill Needle 07-01-05 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by msmagic
I posted in the other Coconuts thread as well..
What is everyone's experience pre ordering with coconuts.com? Do the dvds come on the release date? Before? How long after?

Any help would be so appreciated. Wive's bday is Sept. 6. I wont pre order Lost if it wont come by then, I'll buy it in the store...
Matt

Coconuts.com is the most unreliable vendor I have ever ordered from online. Several times they never delivered on pre-order deals. Without even bothering to contact me, they simply cancelled them weeks after placement, and then refused to honor their price. There is also no way to contact them except through email, and that is very automated and otherwise unresponsive. The rebates are also extremely unreliable. DO NOT consider the rebate in the purchase price, as it is a crapshoot and a very long wait at best in mine and many others experience. Be very, very wary of this vendor.

Edit to say "...except through email..."

bhauge 07-01-05 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Coconuts.com is the most unreliable vendor I have ever ordered from online. Several times they never delivered on pre-order deals. Without even bothering to contact me, they simply cancelled them weeks after placement, and then refused to honor their price. There is also no way to contact them through email, and that is very automated and otherwise unresponsive. The rebates are also extremely unreliable. DO NOT consider the rebate in the purchase price, as it is a crapshoot and a very long wait at best in mine and many others experience. Be very, very wary of this vendor.

My experience (so far) has been positive. My Twilight Zone: Season 3 arrived today in good shape. The $10 rebate is being handled by Parago, so I was able to do the inital submission through www.rebateshq.com . I'll still have to send in the UPC and packing receipt, but at least I know it's in their system and has been assigned a Tracking Number.

cloudburst 07-02-05 12:15 AM

Coconuts.com is the most unreliable vendor I have ever ordered from online. Several times they never delivered on pre-order deals. Without even bothering to contact me, they simply cancelled them weeks after placement, and then refused to honor their price. There is also no way to contact them through email, and that is very automated and otherwise unresponsive. The rebates are also extremely unreliable. DO NOT consider the rebate in the purchase price, as it is a crapshoot and a very long wait at best in mine and many others experience. Be very, very wary of this vendor.

I have had the opposite experience, I got all three of my pre-orders the Friday before it streets and I have gotten every rebate I've sent off from FYE/Coconuts which is about 8 or 9 of them.

Eric F 07-02-05 01:43 AM

Positive until they screw things up. They are totally unpredictable.

Bill Needle 07-02-05 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Eric F
Positive until they screw things up. They are totally unpredictable.

You are right, aand I had a couple of titles go through them flawlessy. I have had a couple of order screw ups from other vendors, and had rebates take a while. But I had a much higher rate of error and never received rebates with coconuts.com. And they were the only ones with which the errors were either impossible to, or flat out refused to be resolved. So I will never order from them again, and when someone asks about them I will always take the opportunity to warn them.

billrubin 07-02-05 09:14 AM

Coconuts.com is the most unreliable vendor I have ever ordered from online. Several times they never delivered on pre-order deals. Without even bothering to contact me, they simply canceled them weeks after placement, and then refused to honor their price. There is also no way to contact them except through email, and that is very automated and otherwise unresponsive.

There is a phone number posted in another thread here.

The rebates are also extremely unreliable. DO NOT consider the rebate in the purchase price, as it is a crapshoot and a very long wait at best in mine and many others experience. Be very, very wary of this vendor.

I have gotten all my rebates but the company they were using until recently (Archway) made some mistakes and took a long time to pay. They have switched back to Parago recently and I believe that the rebates should be much more reliable now (although if it is TWEC that is taking a long time to send a check to the rebate house, then it will still take a while to be paid. On the other hand, I found that Archway took a long time to even enter the rebate, and Parago is much better in that regard).

boe 07-02-05 02:03 PM

First time Coconuts

I've typically done all my major orders with DDD. If the rebates come through this will be a good savings as well. I've ordered the following - hopefully they will all arrive and I'll get the rebate.

sku: 40716521
description: Constantine
qty: 1
unit price: $19.99
item total: $19.99
---------------------------------------------------------

sku: 40716094
description: Star Trek: Enterprise: The Complete Second Season
unit price: $94.99
item total: $94.99
---------------------------------------------------------

sku: 40718709
description: Smallvile: The Complete Fourth Season
unit price: $39.99
item total: $39.99

=========================================================

Subtotal with Discount: $131.72
Shipping Charges: $0.00
Tax: $10.87

tonymontana313 07-02-05 03:33 PM

What a bargain for Smallville season 4! Any other steals to be had from coconuts?

Kal Varnsen 07-03-05 06:05 PM

I pre-ordered CYE season 4. Too bad it wasn't up for pre-order during the 20% off coupon a few weeks ago.

dollfins1 07-03-05 06:28 PM

thanks! ordered up twilight zone: definitive third season. pretty good deal even if i decide not to mutilate my box for the rebate. wish i would have got in on the 20% sale too but i waited too long to order.

mike1977 07-03-05 08:38 PM

Coconuts order

Monk: Season 3 with coupon:

$29.74 + $2.38 tax = $32.12

SuprVgeta 07-03-05 11:57 PM

I'm in for Smallville S4, great price.