Reload this Page >

$8.99 Disney DVD's at Best Buy

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

$8.99 Disney DVD's at Best Buy

Old 06-28-05, 09:37 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BKenn01
Anybody had problems with out of stocks? The shelves where empty yesterday for these titles.
Pirates was gone yesterday, while Aladdin was missing in one store and Mulan was gone in the other area store. I ended up having to purchase two extra Aladdins to exchange for the two Mulans I needed. The $15 off 4 dvds coupon was corrected after pointing out it out to the cashier (only $10 was taken off by the computer), so the final total was $22.48.
Old 06-28-05, 10:29 PM

Great deal. I picked up Mulan and Brother Bear at Best Buy in Miami today. They had plenty of Mulan, Brother Bear, and Alladdin. They had at least 15-20 of each. Didn't really pay attention to stocks of the rest.
Old 06-28-05, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice, thanks for the heads up
Old 06-28-05, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked up Pacifer tonight for the wife. They had plenty of copies of all Disney sales DVDs.
Our Best Buy will overide prices and take off the coupon amount as lang as the skrink wrap has Disney DVD printed on it
This is on Columbia, MO.
Old 06-29-05, 01:18 AM
Banned

There was about 6 or 7 Aladdin's here in the Omaha Best Buy.. but then again.. It's Omaha
Old 06-29-05, 07:31 AM

They had several copies of Aladdin in stock at my local Best Buy, but I'm probably the only person here from Mississippi so that doesn't help you guys much!

I had been wanting Aladdin since it came out, but didn't want to spend $20+ for it. Now if only I could get Dumbo and Bambi for that price...
Old 06-29-05, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Anybody had problems with out of stocks? The shelves where empty yesterday for these titles.
I got the second to last copy of Mulan (and I went on Monday). Luckily, it still had the slipcase.

-JP
Old 06-29-05, 08:23 AM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
FYE has many of the same Disney movies including Aladdin , Pirates , Mulan, Brother Bear, and Country Bears for $9.99 less $5 rebate each for a total of $4.99 each plus tax on $9.99.
Old 06-29-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My local BBY (mount vernon, NY) shot me down on the gift card thing. they were claiming that it is a sale price and the gift card ($5 off 2, $10 off 3, etc) thing was only good towards $9.99 or higher DVDs.

I bought the last two copies of mulan b/c they didn't have any Brother Bear & aladdin left. I got a raincheck. I was using a $5 reward zone certificate, if that matters.
Old 06-29-05, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by runner001
My local BBY (mount vernon, NY) shot me down on the gift card thing. they were claiming that it is a sale price and the gift card ($5 off 2, $10 off 3, etc) thing was only good towards $9.99 or higher DVDs.

I bought the last two copies of mulan b/c they didn't have any Brother Bear & aladdin left. I got a raincheck. I was using a $5 reward zone certificate, if that matters.
BB did this to me one time about a year ago. I was trying to buy Finding Nemo and some other Disney DVDs. Finding Nemo was on sale and I tried to use the GC coupon. They wouldn't let me, saying it was on sale and I couldn't double dip. I wanted to say "Bulls***!" but reserved myself. I ended up not buying anything and returned the GC while I was still in the store. To this day, I still don't have a copy of Finding Nemo. Oh well!
Old 06-29-05, 01:30 PM

did brother bear ever have a slipcase? I cant recall...............didnt buy when first released......got it now, though. Also, anyone interested, thy have the live action 3 musketeers for 9.99 if you want to substitue that instead of the mickey/goofy/donald version......I always liked it, alot.
Old 06-29-05, 02:35 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Dabomb

you should at least go back and get credited the $6 for Treasure Planet since it was stickered at $19.99. While you're there, argue for the extra $5 that the gift card says.
I actually did go back and not only did I get my six dollars back for the incorrect price of "Treasure Planet' the guy at CS gave an additional 5 dollars back for the fourth DVD - hell, now I'm happy.
Old 06-29-05, 03:21 PM

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Had it absolutely cool at my local BB. Got Disney GC for $20..went back and got Aladdin, Three Musketeers, Mulan and Brother Bear. Coupon for $15 off 4 Disney DVDs was scanned..it however only took off $10..lady at the register was cool about it and rerang one of the movies for $5 less. Final tally - $22.69 for 4 DVDs..heck thats almost 75% off retail..thanks to all for pointing out the GC option
Old 06-29-05, 10:09 PM

I picked up three $8.99 DVDs with the Pacifier using the Disney gift card coupon with little hassle. I also had a $10.00 rewardzone coupon to bring the total to $20.68.
Old 06-29-05, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the seperate post about this. Picked up a couple using the GC method.
Old 06-29-05, 11:33 PM

Most of the employees at the Best Buys in my area are so lacking in customer service that the discounts often don't seem worth it. I ordered online with an in-store pick-up, stood at the counter forever, then they couldn't find my order -- I ended up walking ten feet to the display and grabbing a copy and going through the regular check-out. Give me Deep Discount anyday where I can stay in my jammies, don't have to battle traffic, find parking, or deal with the brain dead.
Old 06-30-05, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you live in KC or Omaha here's a good deal....

Match Neb Furn Ad for Pacifier for $12, then using the Disney Gift Card coupon for $10 off for 3...I bought Three Mus. for $9, Mighty Ducks for $10...all three for $21 + tax.

Ron

PS: If they had Mulan in stock..I could have picked up the extra Disney dvd for $5 off...net Mulan would have been $4
Old 06-30-05, 08:22 PM

Went to the local BB to do this deal a second time (the lady at the register was real cool about it y'day) but they were out of Mulan and Aladdin. So hopped to the next BB in town a few miles away without expecting the same level of service and man, were my fears not unfounded.

They had all of the sale DVDs in stock. Took Mulan, Aladdin, Brother Bear and Three musketeers to the register. A rude lady at the register, with a perennially pasted frown on her face, rang the DVDs and scanned the coupon. Like expected, it took off $10. I pointed to her that it should have taken off $15.
BB: No, I dont think so. Only three DVDs qualified for the sale
Me: I dont think so..I bought four and the coupon says $15 off 4
BB: But one of them is on sale. So you only qualify for three.
Me: Where does the coupon say its not valid on sale DVDs ? Besides, all are on sale.
BB: No, Brother Bear is not a Disney movie
Me (pi$$ed): You've got to be kidding me..(points out the Disney logo to her on the cover)
BB: If the computer rings up that way, theres nothing I can do
Me: Yes, you can..you can override the price on any of them
BB: I cant do no overrides..
Me: I need the $15 off any way you can do it
BB: You've got to talk to a manager..in which case, you might even lose this $10 discount if he notices all are on sale..so you are better off taking the $10
Me: So you think you're doing me a favor by giving me a $10 discount ?
BB: (knows by now, I aint gonna give up..so raises voice)..Sir, its either $10 or I call the mgr..your call
Me: Go for the Mgr (was prepared at this time to give up the discount but hey, you never know how the mgr is..and what was the harm in trying)
BB: (summons Mgr on PA system..Mgr walks up almost immediately)
Mgr: Whats the problem ?
BB: He (points to me) wants me to override a price
Me: (raises voice)..No such thing..a coupon is not working the way its supposed to..she wouldnt do anything about it..I suggested that this might be an alternative
Mgr: (looks at all 4 movies and looks at coupon and turns to the rude lady): Override Brother Bear and give him the discount (and walks off)
Less than a minute later, she does that and throws the package at me, literally without so much as a thank you..

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 06-30-05 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-30-05, 08:33 PM

I can appreciate your tale of poor customer service, but was "soul sister" necessary? It made you a bit less sympathetic.
Old 06-30-05, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Went to the local BB to do this deal a second time (the lady at the register was real cool about it y'day) but they were out of Mulan and Aladdin. So hopped to the next BB in town a few miles away without expecting the same level of service and man, were my fears not unfounded.

They had all of the sale DVDs in stock. Took Mulan, Aladdin, Brother Bear and Three musketeers to the register. A 5 foot 200 pounder of a soul sister at the register, with a perennially pasted frown on her face, rang the DVDs and scanned the coupon. Like expected, it took off $10. I pointed to her that it should have taken off $15.
BB: No, I dont think so. Only three DVDs qualified for the sale
Me: I dont think so..I bought four and the coupon says $15 off 4
BB: But one of them is on sale. So you only qualify for three.
Me: Where does the coupon say its not valid on sale DVDs ? Besides, all are on sale.
BB: No, Brother Bear is not a Disney movie
Me (pi$$ed): You've got to be kidding me..(points out the Disney logo to her on the cover)
BB: If the computer rings up that way, theres nothing I can do
Me: Yes, you can..you can override the price on any of them
BB: I cant do no overrides..
Me: I need the $15 off any way you can do it
BB: You've got to talk to a manager..in which case, you might even lose this $10 discount if he notices all are on sale..so you are better off taking the $10
Me: So you think you're doing me a favor by giving me a $10 discount ?
BB: (knows by now, I aint gonna give up..so raises voice)..Sir, its either $10 or I call the mgr..your call
Me: Go for the Mgr (was prepared at this time to give up the discount but hey, you never know how the mgr is..and what was the harm in trying)
BB: (summons Mgr on PA system..Mgr walks up almost immediately)
Mgr: Whats the problem ?
BB: He (points to me) wants me to override a price
Me: (raises voice)..No such thing..a coupon is not working the way its supposed to..she wouldnt do anything about it..I suggested that this might be an alternative
Mgr: (looks at all 4 movies and looks at coupon and turns to the heavyweight sister): Override Brother Bear and give him the discount (and walks off)
Less than a minute later, she does that and throws the package at me, literally without so much as a thank you..
My local BB had plenty of the disney GC's but I passed on it for this very reason. The coupon says not valid with any other offers. Plus, I was on my lunch break and didn't have time to deal with it.
Old 06-30-05, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by SFranke
I can appreciate your tale of poor customer service, but was "soul sister" necessary? It made you a bit less sympathetic.
Funny how a person's true nature slips out around the edges.
Old 06-30-05, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
Funny how a person's true nature slips out around the edges.
I am not looking for sympathy here..and I apologize for making that remark..on hindsight, that is insensitive..however, if you had been right behind me observing how she treated me, offering absolutely no help and finally rudely throwing the bag at me, you would be, in the heat of the moment, not quite yourself..now that it has settled down, I do realize my statement was not in good sense. Apologize once again for the insensitivity - I meant no offence. For all those that say, its easy to apologize, I agree - theres little else I can do. Original message has been edited for content.

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 06-30-05 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-02-05, 06:14 AM

I picked up Brother Bear yesterday. I looked at the bonus animation feature and it was pretty good.