DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

15% off coupon code - Tower.com

Old 06-21-05, 02:11 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: West Central Georgia
Posts: 3,467
15% off coupon code - Tower.com

Don't tell the boss, but we're giving away our employee discount code!
Take an additional 15% off your entire order and get free standard shipping!* Offer expires Thursday, June 23, 2005 at 11:55 p.m. PT. Offer only available online. Not available in stores. No minimum purchase required.
You Must Use Coupon Code: WRK4TWR
SkullOrchard is offline  
Old 06-22-05, 12:14 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Nabalab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,085
I was going to post this, but you beat me to it I figured I'd lurk the site (not expecting to buy anything because I already took advantage of the DDD sale).

Anyways, using the above code, I came across (and blind-bought) The Backyard (it's wrestling related) and it came out to $3.67 shipped.

Here is the DVD Talk review (recommended).

Last edited by Nabalab; 06-22-05 at 12:16 AM.
Nabalab is offline  
Old 06-22-05, 05:00 AM
  #3  
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 10
The coupon works on preorders. Just for the heck of it I tried it and it worked. Don't know if this helps anyone or not.
Bruiser88 is offline  
Old 06-22-05, 09:28 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Posts: 6,197
Originally Posted by Nabalab
I was going to post this, but you beat me to it I figured I'd lurk the site (not expecting to buy anything because I already took advantage of the DDD sale).

Anyways, using the above code, I came across (and blind-bought) The Backyard (it's wrestling related) and it came out to $3.67 shipped.

Here is the DVD Talk review (recommended).
just bought one..thanks!
pilot is offline  
Old 06-22-05, 11:59 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 260
There seem to be some decent bargains here. A decent selection of $5.99 and lower DVDs (before stacking 15%), and there seems to be a sale on Clint Eastwood movies and Criterions. I don't know enough about those to know if the prices compare to the DDD sale.

The only thing that jumped out as being an eye-popping bargain is Pink Floyd - Live at Pompeii for $7.64. Need to find something else to get free shipping.
IamHydrogen1 is offline  
Old 06-22-05, 12:46 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Posts: 6,197
Originally Posted by IamHydrogen1
The only thing that jumped out as being an eye-popping bargain is Pink Floyd - Live at Pompeii for $7.64. Need to find something else to get free shipping.
the 15% off coupon gives you free shipping, no minimum!
pilot is offline  
Old 06-22-05, 02:07 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Riverside, California. USA
Posts: 1,554
SO guys what are some of the purchases you making or coming across as great deals at tower.com w/the coupon? thanks
ILikeDVD is offline  
Old 06-22-05, 02:18 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Anaheim, CA , USA
Posts: 264
Tower has the Trainspotting 2-disc CE for $13.99. The total for me was $12.81; I get charged taxes.
RTorres481 is offline  
Old 06-22-05, 04:01 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
RaMMaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Underfoot...
Posts: 4,260
Originally Posted by pilot
the 15% off coupon gives you free shipping, no minimum!
Maybe it only applies to the Continental U.S... i had to get my order over $20 to get the free shipping.
For HI residents (past & present), Andy Bumatai's All in the Ohana can be had for ~$15 w/ coup. It's hard to find online and even harder to find under $20, even on this little rock in the middle of the Pacific.
RaMMaR is offline  
Old 06-22-05, 04:29 PM
  #10  
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,575
Seinfeld Season 4 should be slightly cheaper than DDD, unless you get hit with sales tax. It's $25.49 after the 15% off ($29.99 before discount applied).
Jim is offline  
Old 06-22-05, 05:44 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Posts: 6,197
Originally Posted by RaMMaR
Maybe it only applies to the Continental U.S... i had to get my order over $20 to get the free shipping.
For HI residents (past & present), Andy Bumatai's All in the Ohana can be had for ~$15 w/ coup. It's hard to find online and even harder to find under $20, even on this little rock in the middle of the Pacific.
ahh..they probably exclude you hawaii folk ...
pilot is offline  
Old 06-23-05, 01:17 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,358
Price on Trainspotting was jerked up a buck. It's now sitting at $14.99. Still better in combination with the 15% off than anywhere else at the moment.
meritocracy is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright İ 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.