DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Highlander Immortal Collection $229.00

Old 06-21-05, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Highlander Immortal Collection $229.00

Sale at Legendary Heroes (Highlander official site) for the entire Highlander TV series (6 seasons plus extras) for $229.00 plus S/H. This used to be $600.
Old 06-21-05, 12:49 PM

Link: http://www.legendaryheroes.com/s.nl/...t.A/id.2085/.f
Old 06-21-05, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks guessed, I never make links. Always afraid it would be against the rules.
Old 06-21-05, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by pagansoul
Thanks guessed, I never make links. Always afraid it would be against the rules.
I always err on the side of making links. If any rules get broken, mods are pretty quick to correct the situation.

This seems like a really good deal for the series, but the timing is terrible, because of the DDD sale. $229 would just take too much away from what I can spend at DDD. I bought the box (just the box) from Legendary Heroes a while back for a dollar, but I don't own any of the dvds yet.
Old 07-22-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I just bought Season 2 from them and guess I should have just done the set, but not that much difference in price.

Entire set = $230 + shipping
Each season = $40 X 6 = $240 + shipping.

I didn't go check shipping so that might make a difference. And there is a chance they will raise the individual season prices.

I got "into" the show late and never saw a lot of EP's. Have watched entire 1st Season and 3 EP's of 2nd season. Starting off a little darker in Season 2, but seems overall better quality. Think by beginning of Season 2 they figured they had a decent show and put more money/effort into it.
Old 07-22-05, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sdallnct
I just bought Season 2 from them and guess I should have just done the set, but not that much difference in price.

Entire set = $230 + shipping
Each season = $40 X 6 = $240 + shipping.

I didn't go check shipping so that might make a difference. And there is a chance they will raise the individual season prices.

I got "into" the show late and never saw a lot of EP's. Have watched entire 1st Season and 3 EP's of 2nd season. Starting off a little darker in Season 2, but seems overall better quality. Think by beginning of Season 2 they figured they had a decent show and put more money/effort into it.
"The set also includes the critically acclaimed The Best Of HIGHLANDER Collection, the 13 greatest HIGHLANDER episodes of al time each supported by the groundbreaking behind-the scenes mini-documentaries, “Under the Kilt.”" (7 discs, sells for $40 by itself).
Old 07-23-05, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I ordered a DVD set from them a few months ago and shipping was free.
Old 07-23-05, 08:57 PM

Damn, I wish I could swing that set right now. I remember watching highlander on tv with my brother late at night. Just bros chilling at the crib watching highlander! Good times.
Old 07-23-05, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by guessed
"The set also includes the critically acclaimed The Best Of HIGHLANDER Collection, the 13 greatest HIGHLANDER episodes of al time each supported by the groundbreaking behind-the scenes mini-documentaries, “Under the Kilt.”" (7 discs, sells for $40 by itself).
Ah...well at least you do get something extra.
Old 07-23-05, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Highlander with some gin and chronic, that was the shit boyz!
Old 07-29-05, 03:37 PM
Banned

I got that Highlander cardboard box thing, but there's a small gap after I put in all seven box sets. Should it be a snug fit, or do I have the "wrong" versions?
Old 07-29-05, 08:23 PM

Wow...I ordered this on Monday and received it today. Not bad!
Old 08-03-05, 02:02 AM
Banned

My season six box set doesn't match the one found on their website. Are there multiple versions?
Old 08-03-05, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Legolas
My season six box set doesn't match the one found on their website. Are there multiple versions?
Their releases usually came out before the releases you would find in a store. And yes, sometimes, the coverart is different. My S6 of Xena I got from there was red, but the release you would buy anywhere else is green.

As far as I know, they're the same sets, just different coverart.
Old 08-04-05, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just ordered Season three, season two was good.

And while a little off topic, this is the first TV series I have done. I got into Highlander late so I had never seen any of the EP's of season 1 & 2. I can see why some like to watch TV series on TV, it is really neat seeing the show progress, hear the changes the director made while developing the show...
Old 08-08-05, 10:25 AM

For those of you who have ordered this how many actual DVDs are in there? The page says 50 but if you look on Amazon 6 season set (which doesn't include the "best of") it says there are 51 DVDs If you add up the numbers according the website itself you get 55

Last edited by nemein; 08-08-05 at 10:36 AM.