DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   (DEAD) Farscape Starburst sets $11.72 at DVDSoon (V1, V2, V3, S2:V1) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/427626-dead-farscape-starburst-sets-%2411-72-dvdsoon-v1-v2-v3-s2-v1.html)

brilk 06-20-05 11:14 PM

(DEAD) Farscape Starburst sets $11.72 at DVDSoon (V1, V2, V3, S2:V1)

http://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-de...008&uid=244192

The price might change due to the conversion rate, but all four Farscape Starburst editions are $11.72 right now. The link goes to the 2.1. You can use coupon code VISA2005CE for an additional 15% off your order if you use a Visa card. That brings them down to $9.96 each.

Michael Corvin 06-21-05 07:43 AM

Thanks! Ordered 2,3 & 4. Cheaper than DDD's sale.

pilot 06-21-05 08:48 AM

never saw this show, but I grabbed the first starburst volume ...maybe will pick up the rest if I like..

Farscape Starburst V1

Farscape Starburst V2

Farscape Starburst V3

Farscape Starburst S2 V1

Farscape Starburst S2 V2 (pre-order, release date August 9 2005) $13.09 USD

coupon details are at http://www.dvdsoon.com/promotions/visa-canada.xml
suppose to be for canadian issued visa only, but my US visa gave me a discount (which they couldn't even know because you put the coupon before the CC# ..and they're so inept as to what goes on and charge your CC right away I imagine it might work for any order..coupon is only good ONCE..)

anyways I hope they don't cancel my order as I fucked up the CVV2 (stupid new CC)..anyways definately a good deal, thanks OP! :)

IamHydrogen1 06-21-05 09:04 AM

So if one were to buy V1, V2, and V3, you would have the complete 1st Season?

Do these three sets make up the same material that is in the Complete 1st Season box that retails for $150?

Seems like a great deal at less than $30.

pilot 06-21-05 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by IamHydrogen1

Do these three sets make up the same material that is in the Complete 1st Season box that retails for $150?

I believe so, yes...but don't take my word for it. Search the main forum for "starburst" or "farscape"

Tenacious D 06-21-05 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by IamHydrogen1

In addition to the much cheaper price, these Starburst Editions have a "Drenload of extras".............or so I'm told. :)

Michael Corvin 06-21-05 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tenacious D
In addition to the much cheaper price, these Starburst Editions have a "Drenload of extras".............or so I'm told. :)

Tread lightly, that isn't funny anymore, lest ye be suspended. :rolleyes:

pagansoul 06-21-05 11:57 AM

Thanks, I was one of the people who got the entire 11 disc 1st season set. I was so happy it was on DVD I didn't care what they charged me. Now to have that first season in 3 keep cases is great. Now I to sell off the other 11.

MEJHarrison 06-21-05 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Tread lightly, Pilot thinks it isn't funny anymore, lest ye be suspended. :rolleyes:

Fixed. :rolleyes:

duganrm 06-21-05 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by pagansoul
Thanks, I was one of the people who got the entire 11 disc 1st season set. I was so happy it was on DVD I didn't care what they charged me. Now to have that first season in 3 keep cases is great. Now I to sell off the other 11.

Let me know how that works. I am trying to decide if it is worthwile for me to do the same thing. My dvd racks are a little full right now and I could use the extra space.

Dmacsg1 06-21-05 01:39 PM

I also had the original 11 disc sets that comprised the first season. Since the starburst editions were so cheap I deceided to buy those and sell off my originals. As far as I can tell, all of the original extras made the move to the starburst editions!

And to answer another poster's question....yes the first three starburst editions contain the entire first season of Farscape. So when all of the starburst editions are out we will have 12 keepcases with 2 discs each comprising the entire 4 season run of Farscape!! That is a good bit of saved space on my shelves!!

Take care all!!

zettler 06-21-05 02:19 PM

I do not know whether I should thank the OP'er or curse you for "enabling" me to spend more money!

PS Thanks!

BSTNFAN 06-21-05 02:51 PM

Anyone know if the Canadian packaging is the same?

dfinney 06-21-05 09:40 PM

Too cool - thanks! I bought the first 3 sets, plus Resurrection CE (Christopher Lambert) and Alien Tracker (so hopefully I'll know whether I want to shell out for the whole Tracker TV series if/when it's released) for $40.23 with free (slow) shipping.

The Cow 06-21-05 10:30 PM

Thanks for the info OP! I think I'm going to get it on this one. :up:

zettler 06-23-05 11:29 PM

One thing I noticed today was how they still charge your CC now even though some titles are not yet available...still a godd deal.

guessed 06-24-05 09:50 AM

The prices have been raised to $20.27 (CAD) each, on all but the pre-order. I ordered all 5 when this was posted, and my account has 2 charges on it, totalling $52.75 USD. Thanks OP.

Adrenaline 06-24-05 01:11 PM

Glad I ordered this morning before work :)

Michael Corvin 06-29-05 04:41 PM

Just saw the charge on my CC. $30.92 for 3 of them. :up: Thanks brilk!

Now if only they would arrive. ;)

guessed 07-13-05 10:06 AM

Just to update, I have received two packages over the past couple of days. One had v2.1, the other had v1.2.

Adrenaline 07-13-05 11:08 AM

I'm still waiting for mine to ship :(

Michael Corvin 07-13-05 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by guessed
Just to update, I have received two packages over the past couple of days. One had v2.1, the other had v1.2.

Same here. Awaiting 1.3 still. Odd that they would ship them in three different packages.

mifuneral 07-13-05 11:30 AM

Anyone who has problems with these orders should check out the DVDSoon thread in the Store Forum. Apparently DVDSoon is changing prices and cancelling orders in some cases.

pilot 07-13-05 05:33 PM

still waiting for mine..had another dvd I ordered BEFORE this, go from "On Order" to "In Transit" for over a week now back to "On Order" .. I really think they don't want to ship anything :(

Michael Corvin 07-13-05 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by mifuneral
Anyone who has problems with these orders should check out the DVDSoon thread in the Store Forum. Apparently DVDSoon is changing prices and cancelling orders in some cases.

I'm not seeing any activity on my cc. They shouldn't be allowed to charge you more without you knowing. They can cancel them, but charging more than the intended purchase agreement is against the law, afaik.