Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) Farscape Starburst sets $11.72 at DVDSoon (V1, V2, V3, S2:V1)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) Farscape Starburst sets $11.72 at DVDSoon (V1, V2, V3, S2:V1)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-05, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I'm not seeing any activity on my cc. They shouldn't be allowed to charge you more without you knowing. They can cancel them, but charging more than the intended purchase agreement is against the law, afaik.
you misunderstood my post, which is ok cause I probably didn't phrase it very well. the thread I mentioned does a better job of explaining the situation.

what they're doing is cancelling orders, even if the items are in stock. and then when people go back to the site to re-order the same items, they notice that the items have gone up in price.
Old 08-10-05, 11:55 AM

has anyone gotten any of these yet? ive only gotten two out of the 5 i ordered.
Old 08-17-05, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
They just cancelled my last one and told me to re-order. Bastards.
Old 08-17-05, 08:20 AM

Mine got cancelled too - only got 2 out of the 5 i ordered. I don't want DVDsoon credit either...guess its time to call my credit card company
Old 08-17-05, 08:51 AM

Not trying to rain on anyones farscape parade, but anybody waiting on these, is in for a long wait, I believe. DVDsoon is playing some kinda game with canceling orders that are over 60 days unfullfilled (most times cause they just withhold shipping the items), inform you of a credit and tell you to reorder at higher price.......and as of right now, no way to get a refund, and free shipping is gone.......basically a bunch of crooks, take your money, change/alter the agreement, then keep your money hostage. I am really peeved at them, but at least I only lost 8 bucks on a sinbad season 1 set......was ordered on may 20th and have heard nothing but excuses from them. Now that my order is canceled, I cant get a response from them, yet they have my "credit". They used to have a way to request a refund from it, took 21 days, but now even that isnt available. BEWARE dealing with them......you most likely will get burned.
Old 08-17-05, 03:48 PM

And I thought I was the only one!

I sent them an email saying that this was unacceptable and that they had just sent me an email 10 days ago saying they would fix their warehouse error and ship the DVD's.

I asked for either the remainder of my order as paid for nearly 8 weeks ago, or, they pay for the return of the two of five DVD's I ordere and received.

Somebody screwed the pooch on this one and I will not accept their form letter...
Old 08-17-05, 04:01 PM

I filed a dispute with my CCard company after I logged onto dvdsoon.com and saw the 3 cancelled Farscapes as 'Available' or 'InStock'. I call BS somewhere.
Old 08-17-05, 08:23 PM

I stongly suggest that if you have placed an order with DVDSoon you check out this thread.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=431625
Old 08-18-05, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well this blows. I doubt I will see that money again. On the positive side, they were so cheap that it just works out that I paid $15 each for the two I did receive which is still decent.
Old 08-19-05, 09:07 AM

my credit card company reimbursed me my 7.39 for my sinbad season from may....no questions, just wanted a detailed explaination. I got the impression they have heard of dvdsoon in this sense before. Now to just sit back and watch there company go under.....will never buy from them again. I really tried to get them (dvd soon or never, whichever comes last) to cough up my refund, but got nothing but a big goosegg. Anyone with outstanding stuff, call your credit card company asap, if you wait too long they might not cover it............
Old 08-19-05, 01:52 PM

Anyone else get this BS letter that states they will credit our credit(s) back to our Credit Cards by 12/31/05????

"August 18, 2005

Dear Valued Customer,

During the past few months, we have taken a close look at DVDsoon's platform, the needs of our customers and the realities of the marketplace. We concluded that we needed to improve our site, simplify the order process and more clearly define our value proposition for you, our customers.

As a result, we have decided to focus all of our efforts on two key elements:

Improve our order management process
Extend our fidelity program and promotions to all our customers

As part of our commitment to always improve your experience on the site and to increase the quality of our offering, you have probably seen in the past few days that we have launched an important technology initiative to update our site, including the implementation of a new order process and enhanced policies that should make your shopping experience an enjoyment. Effective now, payments for all orders will no longer be upon you ordering products, but rather when we are ready to deliver your products.

In order to implement this enhanced process, we were forced to cancel all pending orders and reset the system. To avoid penalizing our customers, we have immediately applied a credit to your account for the outstanding value. Changes to the system and refund to customers will be finalized by December 31st 2005.

As we have established market-leadership and a long track record of market innovation, we have also decided to extend our iPoints program for all visiting customers and also to reintroduce our worldwide free shipping policy. Customers who previously purchased our fidelity card were already credited up to the level of usage of their card.

We are working closely with our suppliers to bring products to you in a faster time and we will continue to partner aggressively with them to drive DVDsoon to the highest levels of customer service in the market.

We recognize the trust and loyalty that you have expressed toward us, and we are committed to protect this relationship.

We want to emphasize that these changes in no way diminishes our commitment to serve you better. We will continue to invest in the development of our site, as you will discover in the upcoming weeks and months.

We value your business and sincerely appreciate your continued patronage as we take positive steps to build an even stronger partnership with you.

E. Guiard
President
DVDSoon.com
Old 08-19-05, 02:16 PM

quote~
We recognize the trust and loyalty that you have expressed toward us, and we are committed to protect this relationship
quote~

TOO LATE~~~
damaged beyond repair, I say.
it takes a 6 month period to finalize refunds? who do they think they are fooling?they have completely shafted customers, and keep stating improve this, commitment that......and cant even have the common decency to respond to a simple email?
I would rather have someone stick a gun in my face and ask me for money, at least that person is upfront about it........
end of rant.
Old 08-19-05, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by fitzcain
my credit card company reimbursed me my 7.39 for my sinbad season from may....no questions, just wanted a detailed explaination. I got the impression they have heard of dvdsoon in this sense before. Now to just sit back and watch there company go under.....will never buy from them again. I really tried to get them (dvd soon or never, whichever comes last) to cough up my refund, but got nothing but a big goosegg. Anyone with outstanding stuff, call your credit card company asap, if you wait too long they might not cover it............
Same here. Refunded easy as pie. Mine was even a partial. Ordered and charged for 3 but only got 2. If you are in doubt of this company refunding your cash, as you should be, one simple phone call to your CC company should solve all your problems. Let them deal with it. That is what they are there for.
Old 08-19-05, 06:26 PM

I filed my dispute/claim this afternoon....