DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Black Hawk Down(3-Disc Edition) $16.99 at CC

Old 06-17-05, 05:23 PM
Banned

Black Hawk Down(3-Disc Edition) $16.99 at CC

I was over at Circut City yesterday getting my dad the new Eagles live from Melbourne DVD($16.99) and I decided to see what else they had for sale. Well, fore the most part their prices sucked majorly. Many of the newer releases were $22.99(Oceans 12, House of Flying Daggars, The Aviator). However, as I was just about to walk to the counter, thinking "there isn't a damn deal here". I saw in the corner of my mind the Black Hawk Down 3-Disc Deluxe Edition with a $29.99 sticker on it, however as I began to put it back in its place it said, "On-Sale- $16.99". I took the disc to the front, and sure enough it rang up as $16.99. Pretty damn good deal. This is also cheaper than the DDD 20% off sale.
Old 06-17-05, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have the Superbit version.

Is it worth getting the deluxe?
Old 06-17-05, 07:01 PM

That's a good deal, I'm going to check it out at my local CC tomorrow morning.
Old 06-17-05, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Don't forget if the stars align you can get this for $10 at Best Buy this week:

It is on sale for $19.99 with a $10 off coupon found in their in-store 'DVD Insider' Magazine. Some CSRs may not take off the coupon since they claim it is a 'sale price'. Others may.

I got Spiderman2 Collector's Edition Boxset for $10 this way.
Old 06-17-05, 08:02 PM
Banned

I had no luck doing that at BB. So I took the coupon over to CC and they honored it after a bit. So I got Black Hawk Down for $7.xx. My buddy did the same thing for the Monty Python set.
Old 06-18-05, 12:44 AM

Only the Spider-Man 2 and Monty Python and the Holy Grail Collector's DVDs are on sale at Best Buy.
Old 06-18-05, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by SkyDog
Only the Spider-Man 2 and Monty Python and the Holy Grail Collector's DVDs are on sale at Best Buy.

It depends on your BB. Some of them have all the ones listed on the $10 coupon on sale this week for either $19.99 or $24.99, some have just Spider-Man 2 and MP:HG. It is YMMV, but not specifically regional. I have been to 2 Nashville BBs, one had the sale, the other did not.
Old 06-18-05, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

SkyDog and guessed are right. Apparently a few Best Buys across the country had Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Black Hawk Down CEs for $19.99 or $24.99 and a few people got them for $14.99 with the $10 off coupon, but my BBY didn't have that price.

When I was at Circuit City I tried to get them to take my DVD Insider coupon to give me $10 off their $16.99 price on Black Hawk Down CE, and as sure as death and taxes (or as sure as Sun, Lucent, and Microsoft stock go down and Apple stock goes up) they said they would only let me use the $10 off on BBY's current price which they'd have to call to verify. Knowing that would be $31.99 - $10, obviously I didn't waste my time having them call and took the $16.99.

I always ask about such PMs even though I get shot down almost 100% of the time on any PM that is not simple and straightforward (i.e. not a combination of a PM with a coupon). Nevertheless, I'm always amazed no matter how impossible a combo PM seems, at least one person always manages to get the deal. (For those few people who like to complain about me complaining... this comment is meant as an observation, not a complaint.)
Old 06-18-05, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
(For those few people who like to complain about me complaining... this comment is meant as an observation, not a complaint.)
I would like to lodge a complaint about your observation! Where's the manager?!
Old 06-18-05, 08:54 AM

Please runner001 refrain from complaining about Manzana complaint about people complaining about his complaining!

After you say complain, complaint, and complaining about 30 times, it (complain) starts to sound really weird, like its not a real word.......

Last edited by JohnDoeUSA; 06-18-05 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-18-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This reminds me of that Monty Python sketch where people kept complaining about the previous complaints until Michael Palin was sitting in a chair and said something like "I'd like to complain about people who complain about shows with too many complaints in them. They get rather tedious and it's about time something be done about it." and then a 16 ton weight dropped on him.

Seriously though, I sometimes can't help complaining and the people who complain about my complaints just make me self-conscious. I'm trying to complain less, but you can't expect a zebra to lose its stripes. When I see stores like Eckerds practically giving DVDs away on clearance, I always wonder why those deals don't happen near me and I can't help complaining (not that it does any good other than makes me feel a little better).
Old 06-18-05, 04:24 PM

Just picked one up. There are no indications of a sale as it is still marked $29.99 and there are no signs or stickers at the CC I was at, but it surely rings up $16.99. Thanks OP!
Old 06-18-05, 04:29 PM

I know how you feel, Manzana. I kinda hate when people are able to get really great deals on cool movies when for whatever reason it is a big "no go" for me. Its great for them and I am happy they are able to pick up great movies for peanuts it just sucks when we can't. Ofcourse I am grateful for the great deals that I have been able to get in on because of DVDTALK. I am going to Best Buy and CC to pick a couple of father's day presents so I will try to do what others have been able to do.

Manzana, your complaints do not bother me at all. In fact the times that I have been able to get a great deal and others complain that they were not able to get the same great deal, it makes me feel that the great deal was maybe an even greater deal.

Anyway, a big shout out to Dalvin for posting this potential great deal!

Last edited by JohnDoeUSA; 06-18-05 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-18-05, 05:42 PM

ive been holding out for a deal on upgrading my black hawk down. Whats the difference between this and the superbit deluxe? Should i just hold out on a deal on the sb?
Old 06-18-05, 07:48 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by smackattack
ive been holding out for a deal on upgrading my black hawk down. Whats the difference between this and the superbit deluxe? Should i just hold out on a deal on the sb?
The Superbit Deluxe version (R3) has a DTS soundtrack that from all reviews is better than the already good Dolby one. The Superbit Deluxe version does not have the commentaries that the 3-disc version on sale at CC has. The Superbit Deluxe also used to have the soundtrack to the movie, but it doesn't appear to come with it anymore (actually, it looks like koreandvds is sold out anyway). With the current DDD sale and the CC sale you could get the 3-disc and the Superbit for about $33 and have the best of both worlds.
Old 06-18-05, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jim
The Superbit Deluxe version (R3) has a DTS soundtrack that from all reviews is better than the already good Dolby one. The Superbit Deluxe version does not have the commentaries that the 3-disc version on sale at CC has. The Superbit Deluxe also used to have the soundtrack to the movie, but it doesn't appear to come with it anymore (actually, it looks like koreandvds is sold out anyway). With the current DDD sale and the CC sale you could get the 3-disc and the Superbit for about $33 and have the best of both worlds.
Dont really care about the soundtrack so much. I do like DTS though, and have a very good home system to make good audio sing. I also like special features so the 3 disk is definately a must. I did some looking around, in the states they only have the 1 disk superbit of this, is that correct? So are you recommending picking that release up, along with the 3 disk at CC and im good?. Is this combo virtually the same as the superbit deluxe that was released R3?
Old 06-19-05, 12:23 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, the R1 Superbit of BHD is only 1 disc. If you don't care about the soundtrack, getting the R1 Superbit and the 3-disc set will actually yield a little more than the Superbit Deluxe because of the commentaries in the 3-disc set at CC.
Old 06-19-05, 12:48 PM

great, part 1 is complete as i liberated the 3 disk from CC. Man, my local CC moved their dvd section (which sucked before) to a equally sucky location of all of 3 rows. Disks by section are "loosely" in alphabetical order. Basically you cant find crap there now.
Old 06-19-05, 03:56 PM

Getting the 3 disk is worth it for the "Real Story of black Hawk Down" History channel special. That's the only reaston i spent 20+ on it a couple years ago
Old 06-19-05, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow - that's a great deal on BHD, since the lowest used price on Amazon is $17.95. If I hadn't lucked into a mint copy at a pawn shop for $6.19 I'd be all over that.

Last edited by NCYankee; 06-19-05 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-19-05, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just got back from CC and it's no longer $16.99.
Old 06-19-05, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by runner001
I just got back from CC and it's no longer $16.99.
sale prices usually start on Sunday & end on Saturday.
Old 06-19-05, 10:38 PM

Got the dvd mag at BB. Is there any chance BB will have 3diskBHD on sale before coupon expires? Dont answer that question, I already know the answer. Still, its worth checking price until 7/30/05.
Old 06-20-05, 12:08 AM

Im going to drive to my CC and see if its on sale there.
Old 06-20-05, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Daba!

Come back to your Dad's thread in the Other!

How are you doing, anyway?

We Love you, D!

-Paul & Tree

Last edited by The Edit King; 06-20-05 at 12:12 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.