Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) TimeLife.com Blowout sale -- including 15-dvd Superbowl set for $30

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-05, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone doesn't want to waste time with Ebay and so on, email me and I'll buy one. I really wanted this thing and didn't get in thanks to timelife's computer glitch or something. So if you have an extra and want to get rid of it,let me know. thanks

Last edited by dick_grayson; 06-27-05 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-28-05, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Hmm, my order still says new so I gave up, but got the set in the mail today. No scratched discs so I'm thrilled. Thanks for posting this deal.
Old 06-28-05, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darkside
Hmm, my order still says new so I gave up, but got the set in the mail today. No scratched discs so I'm thrilled. Thanks for posting this deal.

maybe there's still hope! too bad I sent them an email asking what the status was. they probably cancelled it then --just in case
Old 06-28-05, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Interesting. Got mine today (although it came in yesterday). I thought this was one entire package of the 3 separate sets. Instead I got 6 separate packages, 2 each of the 3 different sets.
Old 06-29-05, 01:04 AM

rebate attempt

Got my 2 sets at the end of last week. It was my first time using TimeLife.com and never received any confirmation of shipment, still listed as a new order on their site.

I was excited to see the $14 rebate offer available in the I-X set. I sent both in, with the UPC's cut from the box (I'm not that picky about the cardboard box), and the original receipt from TimeLife showing the 2 sets purchased. There was no stated expiration date on the form, nor was there any language limiting this offer to one per household. Both points I made clear in my cover letter enclosing the required documents. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope they send me the $28 in 8-12 weeks, but in any case I'd be stoked if I only got $14 back. I'll post any updates re: this rebate.

Thanks again to the original poster.
Old 06-30-05, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
If anyone doesn't want to waste time with Ebay and so on, email me and I'll buy one. I really wanted this thing and didn't get in thanks to timelife's computer glitch or something. So if you have an extra and want to get rid of it,let me know. thanks

anyone? for old time's sake?

I guess I'll start checking ebay then. (wipes tear from face)

Last edited by dick_grayson; 06-30-05 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-30-05, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I thought I was in, but I guess I'm SOL on this. I placed my order on 6-10 for SB set. Now I see that my order is "closed" & the set isn't "shipped". I checked with CS & they said it was OOS permanently.

Has anyone received this set that ordered AFTER 6-10 ???
Old 07-01-05, 10:22 AM

I just came back from a trip and found that I received the set (sorry jester, I don't remember when I ordered). The set is much better than I expected so I might end up keeping it. I'm a Broncos fan and so I figured that it would be mostly tragedies since it doesn't cover the Superbowls they actually won but there's enough season coverage to make even stinker superbowls interesting episodes.
Old 07-01-05, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
anyone? for old time's sake?

I guess I'll start checking ebay then. (wipes tear from face)
Sorry dick, my two sets were spoken for when I ordered them.
Old 07-01-05, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Sorry dick, my two sets were spoken for when I ordered them.

thanks anyway
Old 07-06-05, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My order is still listed as "new", even though I placed it almost a month ago (6/10). No indication that it has been closed or shipped or anything. Is it safe to say that its going to be cancelled eventually?
Old 07-06-05, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

yeah, mine was listed as "new" and when I emailed them, they told me that it had been cancelled. Apparently, if you had ordered from them in the past, your order would go through. If not, then it would just sit there as "new" and they'll consider it cancelled. I could be wrong, though.
Old 07-06-05, 09:10 PM

yeah, mine was listed as "new" and when I emailed them, they told me that it had been cancelled. Apparently, if you had ordered from them in the past, your order would go through. If not, then it would just sit there as "new" and they'll consider it cancelled. I could be wrong, though.
not true. i had never ordered from them and placed an order for two sets (one for me, one as a X-mas gift), and received them two weeks later. sorry you weren't able to get your sets though.
Old 07-06-05, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ok, then I just have shitty luck
Old 07-07-05, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
ok, then I just have shitty luck
But apparently a good attitude about it
Old 07-08-05, 08:16 AM

I hadn't ordered before and received it as well.

Actually, now that I think about it. It could be that it takes longer for new customers to be processed so for a new customer to get the set, they had to order much earlier than when a returning customer had to. Perhaps?
Old 07-09-05, 05:30 PM

Well, I'm still "New". Not holding out any hope at this point.

John
Old 07-09-05, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^don't give up just yet....i received my 2 sets approx 2 wks ago and i just logged in to check the so called "status" of my order...it still shows NEW.
Old 07-14-05, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well I HAD ordered from them before (The Muppets deal), and of course my order is still "NEW". Also the NFL sets do not appear to be listed on the site anymore, so its probably safe to say Im not getting them. Seems like they should at least cancel my order and offer me some kind of discount or whatnot to make up for offering something they couldnt sell me.
Old 07-14-05, 07:57 PM

I was in my local Best Buy tuesday so I took a look to see what they were selling these for I-X was $62.99 XI-XX was also $62.99 and the last set was $63.99. I'm glad I ordered my sets the day I saw the original post. Thanks again to the person who started this thread.
Old 08-29-05, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by illini420
Got my 2 sets at the end of last week. It was my first time using TimeLife.com and never received any confirmation of shipment, still listed as a new order on their site.

I was excited to see the $14 rebate offer available in the I-X set. I sent both in, with the UPC's cut from the box (I'm not that picky about the cardboard box), and the original receipt from TimeLife showing the 2 sets purchased. There was no stated expiration date on the form, nor was there any language limiting this offer to one per household. Both points I made clear in my cover letter enclosing the required documents. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope they send me the $28 in 8-12 weeks, but in any case I'd be stoked if I only got $14 back. I'll post any updates re: this rebate.

Thanks again to the original poster.
Wow. Suprisingly, I actually received a check today from TimeLife for $14.00. It wasn't the $28 I demanded in my letter, but I didn't really expect them to honor the deal at all, so I will not be sending a complaint. Additionally, I received a postcard from Sports Illustrated informing me that my free 28 issues of Sports Illustrated will begin arriving soon. Hopefully the rest of you get your cash as well. Good luck.