DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   What if the DDDVD 20% off sale... never comes? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/425942-what-if-dddvd-20%25-off-sale-never-comes.html)

Ravenous 06-08-05 02:03 AM

What if the DDDVD 20% off sale... never comes?

I was looking at DDD for Rescue Me S1 and figured about getting it for the summer sale. But I thought, what if that sale never comes? Ive been skipping out on a few DVDs for awhile now waiting for the sale and I know a few people have been doing that as well. Do we even know its coming? I know if it doesnt I'll be pissed for passing on a few things, and more pissed when I see the CC statement when having to make up for everything during the Christmas sale :lol:

SkullOrchard 06-08-05 02:08 AM

:johnwoo2:

tek2k 06-08-05 02:16 AM

there should be a sticky made that says STOP ASKING ABOUT THE DAMN DDD 20% OFF SALE!

DrGerbil 06-08-05 02:18 AM

If I were a Mod, you'd be suspended for a month...

Mhepburn20 06-08-05 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by tek2k
there should be a sticky made that says STOP ASKING ABOUT THE DAMN DDD 20% OFF SALE!

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425657

Well played, would have been better if you had linked it with your words, but nonetheless. :lol:

SkullOrchard 06-08-05 02:32 AM

:johnwoo:

Lemdog 06-08-05 02:43 AM

I'm almost sure that it is coming.

Ravenous 06-08-05 02:47 AM

man, im not asking when its coming like those fucking newbies, just giving a what if for conversation....

Mhepburn20
never saw that thread, nor what the point is. It was edited because someone mentioned the dates this sale is suppose to start?

raytrade 06-08-05 03:43 AM

I agree. This is most confusing. Was a forthcoming sale announced prematurely and the thread deleted or is Pilot just saying to stop asking about potential sales in general? I was about to order something and now I'm holding off till I get to the bottom of this.

***To clarify, based on the sassy responses from people below (in case it was directed towards me), A) I am not a newbie- I have been a member of this forum actively since well before the millennium and may well be one of the most longtime active members, B) I don't refuse to buy titles from DDD unless there is a sale; as a matter of fact, I order from them almost every week, and C) I was merely agreeing with the OP that Pilot's sticky thread was kinda confusing as far as what it meant. Sorry if I am being sensitive, but you guys seem to be coming down the OP when his question is NOT the same as all the newbies who simply ask when the next sale is. And I do think most members would appreciate a heads-up on a sale if they are about to place an order of significant size and it will be $50 or $100 less in a few days. (Which is not to say we should break the rules and leak news of a sale against forum rules).

DrGerbil 06-08-05 04:00 AM

Yes, a sale is expected, but do we really need another thread on the topic? When the sale arrives, it arrives.

Kal Varnsen 06-08-05 04:35 AM

Why the secretly about the date of the sale? If its out there then maybe people would stop posting asking when it will start.

Ravenous 06-08-05 04:39 AM

Well like I said, Im not posting to ask when its coming, just a topic to say, "are others waiting for this sale (like me) and what if it doesnt come" and so on...

I for one hate coming to the forum and seeing a thread asking about the sale every damn day.

Brent L 06-08-05 05:36 AM

I see nothing wrong with this topic, but it should be in the other folder.

I think it's funny that there are some people out there who just flat out will never own certain titles unless this sale happens. :)

mkdevo 06-08-05 05:50 AM

nice bargain.

ScottyWH 06-08-05 06:20 AM

ugh.. ok... for starters, a thread on this topic would make a lot more since in the store forum... secondly, to my knowledge, DDD has only had 3 sales EVER...that does not mean that it is annual, or that they will always have a "Summer Sale"... so don't plan your future based on the hope of some such sale.

Anyway, come on... if you frequent this forum AT ALL then you should know that it is frowned about to post in the wrong forum asking about something that may or may not happen.

basaro 06-08-05 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ravenous
man, im not asking when its coming like those fucking newbies, just giving a what if for conversation....

Mhepburn20
never saw that thread, nor what the point is. It was edited because someone mentioned the dates this sale is suppose to start?

Yeah sure, there is a post about the sale almost every day, but no one is waiting for it! -rolleyes- Newbies don't know any better, you should though.

My vote for worst topic of conversation ever, please someone make it stop. :thmbsdwn: