Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '05

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '05

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-05, 07:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not all stores are the same. There are people who are willing to pay a little more for better service and less problems. Rightstuf is one of the few places where people usually order LE items without worrying that they'll be damage. So yeah, you're paying more, but then again, you don't see a lot of complaints lodged against Rightstuf. Rightsfuf is not my main retail source, but I do buy from them when they have good deals. Though I wish they would hurry up and ship my Sasami keychain.

Originally Posted by theowner
which would be nice if rightstuf wasnt over priced. with the 33% discount dvds still come in at $26. they are one of those places (such as columbia house) that thinks its ok to charge msrp of $30...

i would be really interested if someone finds something in that sale that they cant find some place else (DDD with free shipping).
Old 06-30-05, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gamelore
Speaking of which, I just replied to the $3.99 thread with many of the titles you found.

Here's what I came up with.
That's fantastic. Your list is a lot like mine. I'll go ahead and update with what you found and what I found in specific. Thanks for your hard work.
Old 06-30-05, 10:39 PM

It was no big deal. Those 13 stores are all within 15 miles of me.

Though strategizing the order in which to visit them took some time (damn NP completeness and whatnot)
Old 06-30-05, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Gamelore
It was no big deal. Those 13 stores are all within 15 miles of me.

Though strategizing the order in which to visit them took some time (damn NP completeness and whatnot)
I was lucky. I went to a grand total of two (the rest are kinda out of the way). One is in my city, the other a little further out (which had zilch). I guess the disappointment of the second store made me revisit the first one, and I hit the jackpot today. Your findings were very similar to mine (yours missing a few here and there and vice versa, but not much!). It's a shame there weren't any Haibane Renmei DVDs, though. I would've liked to have gotten a few! But I'm in no way complaining. Seriously, today was like being a little kid in a candy story (or pretty much how I am in candy stores presently).

Again, thanks everyone for all your help. You guys are what keep this thread going. I really appreciate it.
Old 07-04-05, 01:24 AM

Found you!

Justbarelymoving,

Fear not. I come in friendship. Now, shall I just tell you which friend of yours this is, or should I drop a few clue-imbued sentences? I'm leaning toward the latter. It's been a long time since we've rocked a mosh pit. It's also been a long time since we last waxed poetic about buttery goodness.

Miss you!
The other petite brunette.
Old 07-04-05, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

closing...post anything new to the july thread please.. http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429132