DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   BestBuy DVD Insider (Spring '05) Coupons B&M (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/424536-bestbuy-dvd-insider-spring-05-coupons-b-m.html)

IDrinkMolson 05-28-05 02:40 PM

BestBuy DVD Insider (Spring '05) Coupons B&M

Just got back from Bestbuy. They had their DVD Insider mag for free. Inside the back cover are coupons.

Coupons are valid: 6/5/05 – 7/30/05

$3 off any one of the following DVD’s:
Gladiator Extended Edition
Saving Private Ryan (2-pack)
Collateral
Anchorman Unrated
Bourne Supremacy
Van Helsing
Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison (2-pack)
Scarface Anniversary Edition
Miami Vice: 1st Season
Animal House Double Secret Probation

$5 off when you buy any 2 of the following Collector Editions:
I, Robot
Day After Tomorrow
Man on Fire
Alien Resurrection
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Die Hard
The Commitments
Fight Club
Moulin Rouge
Independence Day
Planet of the Apes
Cast Away
The Abyss

$5 off any 1 of the following DVD’s:
Three’s Company: Season 4
Greatest American Hero: Season 2
Sledgehammer: Season 2

$10 off:
Monty Python’s Circus Set 1

$10 off
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy or
The Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition Motion Picture Trilogy

$5 off 2 or $10 off 3 of the following DVD’s:
Kill Bill Volume 1 or 2
National Treasure
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Rookie
Gone in 60 Seconds Special Edition
Coyote Ugly Special Edition
Sling Blade Special Edition
Father of the Bride Special Edition

$10 off:
The Godfather Collector’s Set or
Indiana Jones Compete DVD series

$5 off when you buy both:
WWE: The Greatest Wrestling Stars of the 80’s and
The Road Warriors: The Life and Death of the Most Dominant Tag Team in Wrestling History (can they fit this on the spine?!)

$5 off any 1 of the following Anime DVD’s:
Appleseed: Special Edition
Tenjho Tenge1: Round 1
Daphne in The Brilliant Blue Volume 2
Hellsing1: Impure Souls
Gungraveo: Erosion
Paranoia Agent 4: Sayanora Morami or
Samurai Champloo

$10 off any 1 of the following DVD’s:
Spider-Man 2 Collector’s Edition
Blackhawk Down Deluxe Edition
Dark Crystal Box Set
Monty Python & the Holy Grail
Labyrinth Collector’s Edition Box Set
Or $3 off any 1 of the following 4 packs (same coupon as above)
Will Smith 4-pack
Brad Pitt 4-pack
Jack Nicholson 4-pack
Tom Hanks 4-pack

(edit)Not a coupon but also mentions:
On July 10 come in and get your free sneak preview DVD of Stealth. "It's free with the purchase of any music, movie, or game product."

Jah-Wren Ryel 05-28-05 02:46 PM

That's a lot of typing, thanks for the effort.

digitalfreaknyc 05-28-05 03:24 PM

Kinda sucks since the Gladiator special edition isn't coming out until August :(

Liquid Death 05-28-05 03:30 PM

Is this a DVD w/ coupons or just the coupons? If there is a DVD, what's on it?

SFranke 05-28-05 03:30 PM

I wonder if Wal-Mart would accept the $10 off coupon for those Columbia sets.

Legolas 05-28-05 03:50 PM

So there's a coupon for a DVD that doesn't even come out during the coupon dates? That's not right.

digitalfreaknyc 05-28-05 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Legolas
So there's a coupon for a DVD that doesn't even come out during the coupon dates? That's not right.

The original date was within the dates supplied. It's been pushed back. It'll be interesting to see what happens with people who hold it over until the actual release date.

IDrinkMolson 05-28-05 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
Is this a DVD w/ coupons or just the coupons? If there is a DVD, what's on it?

It is just a paper magazine (advertisement). Last time they had this, there weren't any coupons.

Of note: July 10 come in and get your free sneak preview DVD of Stealth. "It's free with the purchase of any music, movie, or game product."

Buford T Pusser 05-29-05 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel

strong agreement

matome 05-29-05 08:58 AM

Yep, thanks for the listings.

IDrinkMolson 05-29-05 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
strong agreement

That's OK. I was at work, with nothing to do on a Saturday. -wink-

Dabaomb 05-29-05 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel

:up:

Buford T Pusser 05-29-05 10:21 AM

Well as long as you were getting paid to do it. :p

IDrinkMolson 06-06-05 07:17 PM

Bump.

These coupons are live now if anyone's interested.

Big Worms 06-06-05 07:35 PM

Will BB accept printed coupons?

jiggawhat 06-06-05 07:50 PM

You can get this online.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....cat62600050007

Buford T Pusser 06-06-05 09:34 PM

Thanks for the PDF. Doesn't look like there's anything I need that bad that I don't already have.

eau 06-07-05 04:43 PM

Thanks for the PDF. I couldn't find the mag at my local BB.

Sweet Baby James 06-07-05 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by eau
Thanks for the PDF. I couldn't find the mag at my local BB.

Ask a blueshirt for it. I couldn't find them myself, so I asked a clerk that was roaming around the DVD area. He had them in the stock room and a couple of minutes later, it was mine.:)

digitalfreaknyc 06-07-05 07:05 PM

I got one today. Weird. The Gladiator pictured is just the regular edition that's out now. Is it possible they didn't have the artwork for the new edition yet?

Manzana 06-07-05 11:02 PM

I was curious if the DVD Insider coupon for $10 off Monty Python and the Holy Grail (which lists SKU 4293687) was intended for the $14.99 Special Edition or the $41.99 Collector's Edition?

Somehow I'd guess the latter, but my store had the matching SKU on the $14.99 SEs making them $4.99. If the coupon is on the latter why would someone pay $31.99 at Best Buy vs. $19.88 at Walmart?

I asked if I could get the Collector's Edition for $19.88 (pricematch to Walmart and I had a receipt to prove it) and also use the $10 off coupon, and I was told no because the SKUs didn't match.

So I've got both editions now, 1 for $4.99 and 1 for $19.88, and I have to decide which to keep or if I should eBay one of them. As much of a fan as I am, I don't know if the script/book inside is worth about $15. Any opinions?

hellmutt 06-08-05 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
I was curious if the DVD Insider coupon for $10 off Monty Python and the Holy Grail (which lists SKU 4293687) was intended for the $14.99 Special Edition or the $41.99 Collector's Edition?

Somehow I'd guess the latter, but my store had the matching SKU on the $14.99 SEs making them $4.99. If the coupon is on the latter why would someone pay $31.99 at Best Buy vs. $19.88 at Walmart?

I asked if I could get the Collector's Edition for $19.88 (pricematch to Walmart and I had a receipt to prove it) and also use the $10 off coupon, and I was told no because the SKUs didn't match.

So I've got both editions now, 1 for $4.99 and 1 for $19.88, and I have to decide which to keep or if I should eBay one of them. As much of a fan as I am, I don't know if the script/book inside is worth about $15. Any opinions?

I'm a fan too, I bought the expensive one for 'completeness' sake.

Anybody try using the $10 off coupon at Walmart on Spiderman2 or other sets to bring it down to $9.88?

D-Ball 06-09-05 01:00 AM

I was able to use the $10 off of 3 for Coyote Ugly, Gone in 60 Seconds, and Sling Blade. The total came to about $30. I thought there might be a problem since the coupons states that the discount is taken off the regular price.

ScottsDvds 06-09-05 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by D-Ball
I was able to use the $10 off of 3 for Coyote Ugly, Gone in 60 Seconds, and Sling Blade. The total came to about $30. I thought there might be a problem since the coupons states that the discount is taken off the regular price.

Yep, I figured it would take it from the regular price which would make it $11.66. The only problem I had was with the Sin City coupon for Sling Blade, but the cashier just took $2.00 off the total.

dvd-fanman 06-09-05 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by ScottsDvds
Yep, I figured it would take it from the regular price which would make it $11.66. The only problem I had was with the Sin City coupon for Sling Blade, but the cashier just took $2.00 off the total.

It didn't take it off automatically?

I love how they always say that it's off the regular price of the movie. I always argue that the price it is this week is the "regular price" for this week. Their ads usually never say "sale" when they show prices. So I always argue that it's the regular price for this week. I've been pretty successful when I've had to use it.