DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Hastings PVD Sale - Buy 2 Get 1

Old 05-26-05, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hastings PVD Sale - Buy 2 Get 1

Hastings has started their Buy 2, Get 1 for $0.01 PVD Sale.

-JP
Old 05-27-05, 03:20 AM

Shut up it is too a good deal.

-JP
Old 05-27-05, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I miss the Buy 1 get One for a penny deal. This makes it essentially 3 for $20 at our Hastings which is a tad better than the 3 for $21 they have been running. I will take $7 each for new releases, but I really stock up when they get them down to $5 each.
Old 05-27-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

is this for only in store? do they even have used dvds on their site?
Old 05-27-05, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by speedyray
Well, I miss the Buy 1 get One for a penny deal. This makes it essentially 3 for $20 at our Hastings which is a tad better than the 3 for $21 they have been running. I will take $7 each for new releases, but I really stock up when they get them down to $5 each.
I didn't frequent Hastings locations when they were having those, so I definitely missed out. They are pretty much 3 for $20, though if you're behind on a few titles (and you stack your purchases appropriately), you might be able to get out the door with 3 for $17.99 or so.

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
is this for only in store? do they even have used dvds on their site?
I'm not certain...I've never browsed their site looking for DVD's. However, I'd imagine it's in-store only (since they're just clearing out their rentals with these sales). I did just check out www.gohastings.com, and there's a used section, but there's no mention of the sale (which leads me to believe that their used titles aren't the clearance rentals that fall under the sale).

-JP
Old 05-28-05, 03:00 AM
Banned

I too miss, the $5.99 PVD sales, as well as the buy one, get one for a penny sales. I'm not too into the 3/$21 sales, or the buy two, get one for a penny sales, that have come as of late.

I did however buy 6 titles tonight, since they're all good films, and can't be found for under $7 anywhere other than possibly Ebay. For those of you with Hastings, go check them out if you're in need to fairly recent releases. I'll list some of the PVDs that most Hastings have, incase anyone's looking for particulars.

Birth
A Love Song of Bobby Long
Ray
Closer
Sideways
The Corporation
Bambi
Hotel Rwanda
P.S.
Eulogy
Stage Beauty
Being Julia
Troy
The Forgotten
Alfie
Friday Night Lights
Elektra
Sleepover
House of Flying Daggers
Saw

There are tons more at most stores, but those are some of the basics that can probably be found at most.