Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMAX yellowstone 3.99 free ship

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=IRI000135
Enjoy
marke
Old 05-22-05, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
got it last time for that price...still haven't watched it...though it was my favorite childhood vacation
Old 05-22-05, 11:49 PM

thanks! my fiance and i absolutely loved yellowstone this past summer so i'm looking forward to seeing this film!
Old 05-23-05, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
'atrocious' is THE one word to describe the quality of these discs. they are a disgrace to the IMAX family..and thats the reason why these are priced so low. I have the Yellowstone disc - and believe me, if you think you are getting a docu on the granduer of Yellowstone, you'll be sadly mistaken. its a 32 minute flick with some campy acting - yes, it has a set of actors recreating the times when Yellowstone was explored and when the first set of people lived there..so the opening scene has an Indian child venturing into a cave where she is face to face with a bear and so thats your introduction to the bear wilderness of Yellowstone. there is no historical accuracy or authenticity whatsoever. in another scence, theres a bear that raids a camp and a bunch of actors (supposed explorers) try shooing it away in the most embarassing moments of this flick. and in between these 'acting' scenes, you have the obligatory IMAX cameras just moving across the snow with some classical music in the background - the narration is so plain and undramatic and disnteresting. a couple of elks, bears and some Old Faithful along with plenty of campy recreations are what you get in this lousy flick. Save your money - its not worth even $1. And did I mention the video quality ? watch a VHS version instead - the transfer on this DVD is a plain abuse of DVD resources. You'll see zoom-in pixels like you have never seen before !!
Old 05-24-05, 12:44 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the review, I'm gonna pass.