DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Life Aquatic + others Lava Hot Deal for Kansas City and Omaha (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/421698-life-aquatic-others-lava-hot-deal-kansas-city-omaha.html)

RonBoster 05-08-05 08:44 AM

Life Aquatic + others Lava Hot Deal for Kansas City and Omaha

Nebraska Furniture Mart is offering Life Aquatic 2 Disc Edition for $9.99! Other titles for $9.99 include Assault of Precinct 13, In Good Company and The Last Shot.

Ron

eau 05-08-05 10:44 AM

:jawdrop: That's a hot doorbuster deal! Pretty much below cost. Too bad I don't live in those areas.

Elldubtoo 05-08-05 10:57 AM

Awesome prices.

But you have to live in Nebraska :thumbsdown:
Save $5 on a dvd and live in redneck country? Hell no!

Elldubtoo 05-08-05 10:58 AM

^I'm just playing with you.

guessed 05-08-05 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Elldubtoo
Awesome prices.

I'd be happy to get the 2 disc Life Aquatic for $14.99 ($5 more than $9.99) -- where is that?

RonBoster 05-08-05 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by guessed
where is that?

As the title says Kansas City and Omaha.

Kansas City store is on the Kansas side of the state line. The Omaha store is in Nebraska. Both are states in the Midwest.

SlingshotBandit 05-08-05 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by RonBoster

Kansas City store is on the Kansas side of the state line. The Omaha store is in Nebraska. Both are states in the Midwest.

lol

It's just funny that you have to explain it to some people.

Elldubtoo 05-08-05 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by guessed
I'd be happy to get the 2 disc Life Aquatic for $14.99 ($5 more than $9.99) -- where is that?

FYE.com has a mail in rebate thing.

excom101 05-08-05 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by RonBoster

Guessed was not asking where this deal was... but where you can get the 2-disc version of Life Aquatic for $14.99 (his comment was the a response to Elldubtoo's saying that you'd save $5 by living in the MidWest...)

guessed 05-08-05 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by excom101
Guessed was not asking where this deal was... but where you can get the 2-disc version of Life Aquatic for $14.99 (his comment was the a response to Elldubtoo's saying that you'd save $5 by living in the MidWest...)

Thanks for backing me up. It's just funny that you have to explain it to some people ;).

Elldubtoo: I am aware of the rebate deal, but that isn't the same as $14.99 (plus tax) out the door. I just hate to mutilate the packaging, and some people have stated those rebates can be unreliable.

Rogue588 05-08-05 02:30 PM

Any Kansas City-ian or Omaha-ian able to help me out...? -pray-

Dane Marvin 05-08-05 07:22 PM

Well, I'll believe this deal when I see it! Thanks to the OP because I don't pay attention the NFM's release week prices ever. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be the 1-disc version.

Oh, and there's no shame in being a resident of Omaha. Just don't vote like one! ;)

RonBoster 05-08-05 08:03 PM

The ad clearly states 2-Disc on the image of the DVD. I plan to take it to Best Buy for a price match.

kklems 05-08-05 08:08 PM

I also think it is pretty awesome that they have stopped with rebates. They used to do $9.99 all the time but it was with a $10 NFM rebate. Now they just need to add a store in Lincoln

eau 05-08-05 08:14 PM

If you live in the Pacific NW, you can get Life Aquatic 2-disc for $15.99 after a $4 off coupon at Fred Meyer this week.

garyb 05-08-05 08:48 PM

If anyone who is getting one anyway can pick me up a 2-disc Life Aquatic I'd appreciate it.

Dabaomb 05-08-05 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by garyb
If anyone who is getting one anyway can pick me up a 2-disc Life Aquatic I'd appreciate it.

same here. I'll paypal you a lil something extra as well. Plus you'll get goodguy points :D

Thanks!

Down 05-08-05 10:33 PM

As can be seen here-
http://www.nebraskafurnituremart.com/gg/index.htm

I may have to run into BB and price match, NFM's too far away, but close enough to be local.
I wonder if BB will just take that ad printed out as proof...

Dane Marvin 05-09-05 07:57 AM

Down - Thanks for posting that. Looks like the ad states one title per customer. I wonder if they will notice when they see the same person buying the same DVD 5 times throughout the day. :D

SlingshotBandit 05-09-05 02:16 PM

Anybody know what a typical price Blockbuster would have this for? I still have credit from trading in dvds a while ago. Don't remember how much, but probably around $25-ish. I figure it might $29.99 there. More expensive than anywhere else, as usual, but I'd rather just use my credit on this and only a little from my pocket.

runner001 05-09-05 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Down
As can be seen here-
http://www.nebraskafurnituremart.com/gg/index.htm

I may have to run into BB and price match, NFM's too far away, but close enough to be local.
I wonder if BB will just take that ad printed out as proof...

my local BB had a problem with it. I printed out Kmart's website ad once and they said I have to have the actual ad. after some grumbling, they gave it to me but warned that it was a one time thing.

Rogue588 05-09-05 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Any Kansas City-ian or Omaha-ian able to help me out...? -pray-

Anyone?

RonBoster 05-09-05 03:19 PM

I would help, but my Best Buy requires the actual ad (at least recently they did and they attach it to the yellow price adjustment form). So I would need multiple copies of the ad to buy more than one copy of this DVD. Driving all the way out to NFM would cost as much in gas (etc) as the savings from the DVD vs going to FYE at the mall for me.

Ron

kornboy 05-09-05 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Elldubtoo
Awesome prices.

Hey.. :(

Actually Omaha is really growing..

illennium 05-09-05 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by kornboy
Actually Omaha is really growing..

Good music scene :up: