Reload this Page >

Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy $24 plus free bonus DVD

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 05-05-05, 11:12 AM
Suspended

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/sear...39&frm=0&itm=1

Bonus DVD includes 5 episodes of various BBC comedies.

Additional 10% off if you're a member.
Old 05-05-05, 12:21 PM

DDD is slightly cheaper, but this is almost tempting for the bonus disc. Too bad they charge tax in: FL, ID, IL, MA, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NV, NY, PA, SC, TN, TX, and WI. I am still thinking about biting -- any 52 cent filler?
Old 05-05-05, 04:07 PM
Suspended

Ok, so how does a movie that was just released show up at DDD, a Region 1 retailer

What exactly is this?

Oh, and HAVE to add these to this thread:
Old 05-05-05, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's the BBC TV mini-series from 25 years ago. It's actually quite good, but the costumes and effects are cheezy (think Dr. Who). But it's very entertaining. If you're a fan of the books, you should definitely get this... The movie actually worked in the music created for this mini-series, and I heard the Marvin robot from the series was worked into the movie somewhere in the background, but I missed it...
Old 05-05-05, 10:01 PM

The silver robot with the Square head in the queue on Vogshere is the Robot from the original BBC TV Series..
Old 05-06-05, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
The movie actually worked in the music created for this mini-series...
If you're talking about the theme music that plays in the movie when the guide is first shown, that's actually from the radio series. And it wasn't written for the series at all, it was a pre-existing track from the Eagles called "Journey Of The Sorcorer."

If you're talking about some other piece of music, well I didn't notice it.
Old 05-06-05, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jay G.
If you're talking about the theme music that plays in the movie when the guide is first shown, that's actually from the radio series. And it wasn't written for the series at all, it was a pre-existing track from the Eagles called "Journey Of The Sorcorer."

If you're talking about some other piece of music, well I didn't notice it.
I think that's the music I'm talking about. It's the theme music in the TV series, but it may indeed be from the radio series as well. They started airing them again in the UK on Tuesday nights. I just watched the first episode, and immediately recognized the music...
Old 05-07-05, 11:32 AM

The only series I'd care about on the bonus disk is Red Dwarf... and already have all the released seasons. So DDD for me. Thanks to the OP.

What exactly is this?
That's a poke in the eye with a sharp stick... which this deal is definitely better than!
Old 05-08-05, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw the new movie last weekend and was disappointed in it. I MUCH prefer this BBC series version of the books since it has the luxury of being able to cram more into it due to its greater length.

Of course, if you just want the DVD by itself, you can get it for about $19 here

Best Prices HHGTTG DVD
Old 05-08-05, 09:17 AM
Suspended

$23.61 Shipped at DDD.....

Note, the price at B&N is JUST below the threshold for their free shipping, so shipping should be added to the B&N the price above. Answer.... get it from DDD.

CLICK HERE FOR DDD and enter in Hitchhiker as the search word (I don't know how to make the DVDTalk link directly to the product.).

Councelor
Old 05-08-05, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Councelor
$23.61 Shipped at DDD.....

Note, the price at B&N is JUST below the threshold for their free shipping, so shipping should be added to the B&N the price above. Answer.... get it from DDD.

CLICK HERE FOR DDD and enter in Hitchhiker as the search word (I don't know how to make the DVDTalk link directly to the product.).

Councelor

It has been mentioned (by me, even, second post in the thread) that the DDD price is lower. It has also been mentioned (also by me, same post) that ordering from B&N would require a filler for free shipping. The point of ordering from B&N would be the bonus DVD -- To some people it might be worth the extra expense.