Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

deepdiscountdvd.com summer sale?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-05, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
deepdiscountdvd.com summer sale?

Does anyone know when/if www.deepdiscountdvd.com is having their annual (?) 20% off summer sale? I find that at 20% off, their prices are untouchable - has anyone found better?
Old 04-27-05, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ibtl
Old 04-27-05, 05:06 PM

What is "Ibtl"??
Old 04-27-05, 05:10 PM

It's the new summer code for DDD.
Old 04-27-05, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ctowner1
What is "Ibtl"??
In before the lock. Like this thread will soon be.
Old 04-27-05, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Welcome to the forum, ctowner1.

These types of threads are one of many-a-dvdtalkers' pet peeves. If you do a proper search (another pet peeve), you'll probably find many, many threads (probably closed) about when/if this sale is going to occur.

Your best bet is to just wait until June or July or whenever it happens.

BTW, Ibtl means I beat the Lock. Happy posting.
Old 04-27-05, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It is a secret sale.
Old 04-27-05, 05:17 PM

sorry..I'm new here. I DID do a search under FORUMS for "deepdiscountdvd" and "deepdiscountdvd.com" and "deep discount dvd" and came up with blanks BEFORE I posted.

I also googled ITBL but I'm not quite sure why this would be an IBTL question? Why would such a question be inappropriate?

Is there a FAQ around here which will prevent me from making such similar gaffes again?? (and explaining why THIS was a gaffe??).
Old 04-27-05, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks!
Old 04-27-05, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

sorry..I'm new here. I DID do a search under FORUMS for "deepdiscountdvd" and "deepdiscountdvd.com" and "deep discount dvd" and came up with blanks BEFORE I posted.

I also googled ITBL but I'm not quite sure why this would be an IBTL question? Why would such a question be inappropriate?

Is there a FAQ around here which will prevent me from making such similar gaffes again?? (and explaining why THIS was a gaffe??).
I'm sure pilot will let you know what is inappropriate about the thread when it gets locked. In short starting a thread asking about a bargain is not a bargain. I forgot to add the obligatory "nice bargain" comment that is usually posted in these type of threads.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 04-27-05 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-27-05, 05:31 PM

This is quite puzzling! I'm in a forum labelled "DVD Bargains" and I post a question about a specific sale which would have DVD bargains in them...and it's inappropriate??? I found out about the WINTER sale on an internet search that turned up a discussion board with the codeword - was hoping to find out the same about the summer sale (assuming there is one). Why is it taboo to talk about this in "DVD Bargains"???

Last edited by ctowner1; 04-27-05 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-27-05, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is quite puzzling! I'm in a forum labelled "DVD Bargains" and I post a question about a specific sale which would have DVD bargains in them...and it's inappropriate??? I found out about the WINTER sale on an internet search that turned up a discussion board with the codeword - was hoping to find out the same about the summer sale (assuming there is one). Why is it taboo to talk about this in "DVD Bargains"???
The thing is that you're not actually providing any information about a bargain. You're just asking a question. Questions aren't bargains.
Old 04-27-05, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Because it is something that is asked almost every week, and there is no definite answer to when it will happen. Also the forum would be cluttered with DDD sale threads and obscuring legitimate real bargain threads. This thread is not a bargain!
Old 04-27-05, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Could we just put some sort of disclaimer at the top of the forums about this? This specific question is asked at LEAST once a week. Common sense would indicate that if anyone knew when it was, there'd already be a 23-page thread about. Yeesh.
Old 04-27-05, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sheesh. When there is a code in circulation for this sale, it won't be a secret. You won't HAVE to do a search. It'll be the top thread 99% of the time. I wonder... How many times can this thread be made--And HOW many times has it been made?
DVD Talk Gold Edition

To be fair, we do allow threads with questions such as "What's the best price on [DVD Title]".
Defunct Account

It's not taboo to talk about it. If you have any information, please share it.

The reason this is probably going to be locked is because your thread doesn't contain any information. Believe me, any info on the sale will be posted here as soon as someone knows. If there are no posts, then no one knows when, or even if, the next sale will occur.
Old 04-27-05, 05:43 PM

So if and when they have a summer sale, it's OK to post the details?

Why doesn't this site have a FAQ for stuff like this?

Would it be ok to post: "It's my understanding that www.deepdiscountdvd.com has a summer sale every year (well, they had one last year, and they had a winter sale)"? How would I know if this is old news? (as I said, I DID do a site search BEFORE I posted and came up with nothing).

And all this aside, DOES DDD have an annual summer sale? Or was last year the only one they've ever had? Are people expecting one to be announced soon?
Old 04-27-05, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Trust me, if there was one announced, the thread would not die until well after the sale was over. And yes, most are banking on a summer sale.
Old 04-27-05, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FWIW, DDD doesn't have "annual" sales in the summer or winter... they have had a few sales over the past year or two and that's it.
Old 04-27-05, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Since they just had the 10 percent off coupon they will probably have a sale in a few months. This is to piss everyone off that took advantage of the 10 percent off sale. That's just good business and the American way.
Old 04-27-05, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Because it is something that is asked almost every week, and there is no definite answer to when it will happen. Also the forum would be cluttered with DDD sale threads and obscuring legitimate real bargain threads. This thread is not a bargain!
SO if this part of the forum is only for posting info on existing bargains, what part of the forum WOULD be appropriate for just asking questions about possible upcoming sales (and not providing information)?

Originally Posted by ScottyWH
FWIW, DDD doesn't have "annual" sales in the summer or winter... they have had a few sales over the past year or two and that's it.
Well..that's EXACTLY the kind of info I was looking for when I started the thread! However, it's my understanding that there was a winter '04, Summer '04, and winter '03 sale. Is that incorrrect? If it's true, that would imply that perhaps a pattern has emerged and it WOULD make sense to wait on big DVD purchases in anticipation of a sale.

Can anyone else here confirm DDD's 20% off sales (in terms of when they have occured) over the past few years?

Last edited by ctowner1; 04-27-05 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-27-05, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well..that's EXACTLY the kind of info I was looking for when I started the thread! However, it's my understanding that there was a winter '04, Summer '04, and winter '03 sale. Is that incorrrect? If it's true, that would imply that perhaps a pattern has emerged and it WOULD make sense to wait on big DVD purchases in anticipation of a sale.

Can anyone else here confirm DDD's 20% off sales (in terms of when they have occured) over the past few years?
That about sums up the pattern so far, but DDD could decide to stop running the sales anytime without saying anything. You will have to wait and see what happens in the future.
Old 04-27-05, 06:05 PM

Nope, only DDD knows for sure. Just because they had those three sales in the past doesn't necessarily mean that they will have them in the future. Following DDD for a few years now, the first one came as a pretty nice surprise and now, everyone is expecting one or two a year. I'm sure people will get really upset if they don't have a sale this year. As if DDD's prices aren't good overall. I go there for those items that aren't on release week and/or on sale whether there is a sale or not. I've been lucky enough that when I was looking for those titles, the sale was on or soon thereafter.
Old 04-27-05, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm think you might benefit from lurking a bit more and actually reading the threads to learn the dynamic of the forum. Otherwise, you might continue to get flamed and make ignore lists.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.