DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Flynn Set at Costco? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/419210-flynn-set-costco.html)

SamSpade 04-19-05 03:34 PM

Flynn Set at Costco?

I won't be able to get to Costco until the weekend, but I was wondering if they have it and how the price compares to online.

dvdirv 04-19-05 06:25 PM

Here in Indy the Costco price was $39.99.

I was going to get it there if the price had been closer to $35. Now I'll just get THE SEA HAWK & CAPTAIN BLOOD separately.

johnglad 04-19-05 07:58 PM

Sams had it for $38.54 here in Charlotte, NC. For 6 discs (5 unreleased to dvd movies and 1 documentary disc) that is hard to beat. Warner Brothers puts out great product so at below $40 this is a deal IMHO.

RevKarl 04-19-05 08:42 PM

Costco in Eugene (OR) also had it for $39.99...but they only had a couple of copies (In fact, they had more copies of the WB Marx Bros. and Tarzan sets in the same section.) In addition, they had the WB Hitchcock and Bogart box sets for $69.99.

John Sinnott 04-19-05 08:44 PM

The Sams in Gainesville also had it for $38.xx. Good deal.

Walter Neff 04-19-05 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by RevKarl
Costco in Eugene (OR) also had it for $39.99...but they only had a couple of copies (In fact, they had more copies of the WB Marx Bros. and Tarzan sets in the same section.)

Same situation at the Costco on Los Feliz Boulevard in Los Angeles. I bought one of only two Errol Flynn boxes they had as of 4:30 p.m.

Nethead12 04-19-05 09:10 PM

Thanks for the post, I was looking for this one also. I hope my local Costco will have one tomorrow...

Phil I 04-19-05 11:11 PM

Same $39.99 @ CostCo in Mountain View, CA (SF Bay Area). Took a while to locate it but after looking behind the Marx Bros. and Tarzan sets (same display box), found a couple, ... which one became mine!!!

@ approx. $6.67 per DVD (+ Tax), the Errol Flynn 6 DVD Box Set was a no-brainer!!!

Phil

chente 04-21-05 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Phil I
Same $39.99 @ CostCo in Mountain View, CA (SF Bay Area). Took a while to locate it but after looking behind the Marx Bros. and Tarzan sets (same display box), found a couple, ... which one became mine!!!

@ approx. $6.67 per DVD (+ Tax), the Errol Flynn 6 DVD Box Set was a no-brainer!!!

Phil

Same thing happened to me at the Mission Valley Costco in San Diego. I found two hidden beneath and behind the Marx Brother's, Tarzen sets.

wingfan 04-22-05 07:16 PM

The Sam's in Utica had five left at an end cap for $38.xx, as well as the other Warner box sets. Again, a great deal, much better than Worst Buy's $55.00.
I also checked DDD, and it is $41.xx, before I went to Sam's tonight.

natevines 04-22-05 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by chente
Same thing happened to me at the Mission Valley Costco in San Diego. I found two hidden beneath and behind the Marx Brother's, Tarzen sets.

Yeah, what was up with this? My local costco didn't have it (I checked twice, but I didn't look behind those sets...they might have had it), but a farther one had at least one hidden behind tarzan sets beneath another box of dvds. That really bothered me. And it wasn't even on shelves at bestbuy, I had to ask if they had it.

garolo 04-23-05 06:28 AM

It was right out in the open on the end cap(where the new releases are displayed) at the East Hanover, NJ Costco.