Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DVD Ads for 4.24 - 4.30

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-05, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Does anyone know what the 6.50 in movie cash at Target is for on the Batman related DVD's? It seems too soon for a Batman Begins related promotion, and the ad i was looking at didn't seem to specify.
Old 04-24-05, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
Does anyone know what the 6.50 in movie cash at Target is for on the Batman related DVD's? It seems too soon for a Batman Begins related promotion, and the ad i was looking at didn't seem to specify.
There's going to be 50 days in June this year?
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway, the ad isn't clear but my best guess is that this could very well be a promotion for the Batman Begins movie which is scheduled for a Summer release (June 17, 2005). Movie tickets included in DVDs have usually been used to promote an upcoming movie along the same title/genre.

On the other hand, this could be like every other movie cash in the past which will be good towards any movie at select theaters. There is usually a list of participating theaters (i.e. Mann, AMC, Odeon, General Cinema, etc., etc.) on the back of the movie cash ticket.
Old 04-25-05, 01:10 AM

can anyone tell me if:
$16.99
The Assassination
is the assassination of richard nixon?
Old 04-25-05, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dyevin
can anyone tell me if:
$16.99
The Assassination
is the assassination of richard nixon?
Correct...Assassination of Richard Nixon, $16.99 at BB.
Old 04-25-05, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
The sticker on the packaging states that it's a $6.50 movie pass good for any film. Note that the sticker says movie pass, not movie cash like in the ad. It still might be a movie cash ticket, but it doesn't specify. The sticker says "details inside," so nobody will know the specifics until someone actually buys and opens one.
Old 04-25-05, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Everyone check their emails. I got a email from best buy for free membership to Rewards Zone program (It costs 9.99$). Would be a good time now to go in and get membership since 2 for 20 is pretty good deal for blade 1 and 3.
Old 04-25-05, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is the free comic book attached to the back of *ALL* Blade 3 Trinity packages or is it only offered at Best Buy and Circuit City in limited quantities on Tuesday? Anyone know how many pages the comic book is?
Old 04-25-05, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Manzana
Is the free comic book attached to the back of *ALL* Blade 3 Trinity packages or is it only offered at Best Buy and Circuit City in limited quantities on Tuesday? Anyone know how many pages the comic book is?

From NEWSARAMA

As announced a few months back, the upcoming (April 26th) Blade: Trinity Platinum Series™ DVD (both the ‘R’ and ‘Unrated’ versions) will come packaged with an exclusive, collectible, limited edition 28-page Marvel comic book entitled Blade: Nightstalking.

Revealing the never-before-seen backstory of Abigail Whistler as she meets her father for the first time and rescues Hannibal King from the vampires, the comic book will be created by writers Jimmy Palmiotti (who previously inked a special Punisher DVD comic book) and Justin Gray and penciler Amanda Conner.
Andrew
Old 04-25-05, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Centurion
Target's website is listing this at $20-99 for the 1 disc and $27/29 for the 2 disc.

A Series of Unfortunate Events @ Target.com.
haha... hilarious take on this dot, slash, hyphen conversation! i think everybody totally missed it, but that's funny
Old 04-26-05, 11:21 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Ok now what's the story with these Family Guy sets? From what I understand, the new "LE" sets come with a bonus T-shirt and DVD. So do the ones at Best Buy have an ADDITIONAL bonus DVD?
No. I bought these today and there is only one bonus disc in each package.

The package contains a sealed set of the original collections released last year (or 2003 I think), a sealed t-shirt, and a Best Buy exclusive DVD.

I was in Target today and noticed that they have these sets in slightly different packaging, but also containing what appears to be the same sets from 2003, a t-shirt, and a bonus disc with features that appear identical to the BB 'exclusive' bonus disc.

Anyone buy these sets at a place other than BB so we can compare?
Old 04-29-05, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Does anyone know what the 6.50 in movie cash at Target is for on the Batman related DVD's?
As an update, I bought one of these DVDs. The ticket says it's good for "One child or adult matinee admission up to $6.50" and it expires August 1, 2005.

The ticket is from Hollywood Movie money. You can check to see which theaters will take this ticket here:
http://hollywoodmoviemoney.com/usa/?lang=en&promo=none